Redrum pads need 1-127 velocity

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

28 Nov 2017

Maybe it should have a velocity bar like audio clips have. I use Redrum a lot, and oftenly would like to program more accurate velocity levels.

DANKE

Namyo85

16 Jan 2018

You can wire a Kong device to Redrum using cv, using the Kong buttons to trigger the Redrum, you have fluid velocity then. But then again you won't be using Redrum on it's own, I might be missing the point.

deepndark

23 Jan 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
16 Jan 2018
You can wire a Kong device to Redrum using cv, using the Kong buttons to trigger the Redrum, you have fluid velocity then. But then again you won't be using Redrum on it's own, I might be missing the point.
The point is to be able to use Redrum and it's patterns without copying the midi-data to sequencer of course, but if there's only 3 velocity levels available - it's not an option really.

Namyo85

23 Jan 2018

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this using a Kong, another Redrum and 1 or 2 free RE cv devices. I doubt it can be done however it's an interesting challenge. I'll let you know if I find an answer. :lightbulb:

normen

23 Jan 2018

Just export the notes to a track and edit there? :)

Namyo85

23 Jan 2018

normen wrote:
23 Jan 2018
Just export the notes to a track and edit there? :)
That makes a lot more sense... My earlier idea was too complicated and unnecessary. I suppose if you really want to stay within the Redrum, another way is to use only the medium velocity button and use the 'Vel' knobs to the right of 'Level' and adjust them as desired, or even use the soft setting for more of a velocity range.

Nocturn789

08 Mar 2018

If you are interested:
I use one Matrix Sequencer per Redrum Channel. Linked via CV to trigger. Like this I have a velocity range of 1 - 127 and more important: 32 separate patterns per channel. Mostly my redrum channels are empty. I don't even route any audio signals from it. Each channel triggers some other device. Actually like this I use the redrum more as a controller for muting and stuff like that (A muted channel also sends no CV gate). Now a custom scripted Launchpad on this redrum gives me the ability to jam with 10 separate devices (or even more, however everything is set up)
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Catblack

08 Mar 2018

Nocturn789 wrote:
08 Mar 2018
If you are interested:
I use one Matrix Sequencer per Redrum Channel. Linked via CV to trigger. Like this I have a velocity range of 1 - 127 and more important: 32 separate patterns per channel. Mostly my redrum channels are empty. I don't even route any audio signals from it. Each channel triggers some other device. Actually like this I use the redrum more as a controller for muting and stuff like that (A muted channel also sends no CV gate). Now a custom scripted Launchpad on this redrum gives me the ability to jam with 10 separate devices (or even more, however everything is set up)
I had to take a minute and wire that up, but wow, that's really clever!

I've been racking my brain as to how to find a RE that let me switch CV on and off. (Maybe Hamu's Modpanel?) But this works really well. I'd love to see your remotemap if you feel like sharing it.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Nocturn789

08 Mar 2018

Catblack wrote:
08 Mar 2018
Nocturn789 wrote:
08 Mar 2018
If you are interested:

I've been racking my brain as to how to find a RE that let me switch CV on and off. (Maybe Hamu's Modpanel?) But this works really well. I'd love to see your remotemap if you feel like sharing it.
There you go. But it's not finished yet. I was too lazy to implement the last features like pattern select or so. But editing the sequence, playing drums, soloing (is it called 'soloing'? hmm) and muting does work. Anyway if you are into Lua programming this might inspire you ;)
I also asked Props to add some more mappable items so I could make a better sequence editor for sequences that are not 16, 32, 48 or 64 long but 12, 24, 36, or 48 (for ternary sequences). They said they will add that to their Asana tasks. So if they do that I will finish this script for sure ;D
Attachments
ReLaunch.zip
(45.94 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Catblack

15 Mar 2018

Nocturn789 wrote:
08 Mar 2018
Catblack wrote:
08 Mar 2018

There you go. But it's not finished yet. I was too lazy to implement the last features like pattern select or so. But editing the sequence, playing drums, soloing (is it called 'soloing'? hmm) and muting does work. Anyway if you are into Lua programming this might inspire you ;)
I also asked Props to add some more mappable items so I could make a better sequence editor for sequences that are not 16, 32, 48 or 64 long but 12, 24, 36, or 48 (for ternary sequences). They said they will add that to their Asana tasks. So if they do that I will finish this script for sure ;D
Thanks for sharing your launchpad codec. I haven't run it yet but I will soon.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

jlgrimes

11 Jun 2018

deepndark wrote:
28 Nov 2017
Maybe it should have a velocity bar like audio clips have. I use Redrum a lot, and oftenly would like to program more accurate velocity levels.

DANKE
I think now that they opened up Players we should see much better drum sequencers.

• Information