Random patch

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
avasopht
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2017

After playing around with Rostnomo it has come to my conclusion that mystery patch selection is the future of music making.

Instead of navigating your gigantic patch library you can never manage to properly explore you just hit one button and be done with it. It will probably take you just as long to find a good patch by random, plus you'll probably try out patches you may have overlooked by browsing folders.

At most you can select the instrument type.

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Nov 2017

Agreed.

AttenuationHz

21 Nov 2017

Be great being able to press CTRL/CMD+R! On any device alright. The Panorama series has a random function but its a bit patterned but nice for finding quick settings but it can only make what is on its display random so its limited. Random All on VK-2 or any Synth would be sick!

Was kind of disappointed that Rostnomo does not have a Remote for Random. Maybe its something you could implement @rcbuse.

CTRL+R is an extra function for Matrix RPG-8 and ReDrum Patterns so I'd say it would be easy-ish to implement!

Hmm now that I think of it. It would be pretty easy to write a codec that could random all no :o ? Any takers??? minus master volume
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information