My take on about multi-function solution for Reason

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

09 Nov 2017

Hello!

I have an idea how many already requested features could work together.
Firstly: Reason bounce to audio should also be FREEZE. There should be two buttons, one button would make an audio from Left to Right, and the other button from Beginning to End. One click - and Bam!
Then the freezed audio would obviously freeze the instruments and effects and save CPU. But this is not all yet!
The audio that you freezed and bounced - now we should also be able to slice it ala "Integrated Recycle".
After slicing the audio - we could send it to Octorex (we only would choose one of the 1-8 slots and Bam!) DONE!!
If you'd make changes to slicing settings - there should only be a button "Refresh The Changes".
That's it!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Further thinkering about audio editing, pitch editing, slice editing, comp editing, rex-slicing and everything related working with audio. The first post was propably self_explationary to understand, or that's what I think at least, heh.
But yeah, well, I'd like a POWER-Horse solution, where all these features are combined into a one proper solution.

When you'd select an audio (a vocal stem as example), how about an arrow button, to open all the tools up, top of the audiostripe itself. A work-horse box, where you have all the built in functions in one place. Right now, they seem to be confusing the users, as something you need, has currently been implemented into several different places, NOT ONE.

The audio toolbox should obviously be easy for eyes and big enough too, but the point of 'Reason Experience' is making less choices, BUT all you ever need in a compact layout and proper set of tools. We should always see the waveform in a big size, seeing the slices properly kind of require that. And if the audio editing working-box stays the same, as much as possible, it be more powerful to like it. Maybe a pianoroll should always be on the left, even when you use comp-editor, as example (which doesn't need it but...STILL). I would just want to press on an icon of pitch-editing and see a smooth/simple looking layout and when I'd switch to comp-editing - the layout would not change to something totally different too much. By the way: A comp editor should have an instant pencil immidiately, and I'd even want to start to A/B/C/D/ - between the recordings with arrow up/down, after yoy DID DRAW some moment of the audiosample.

More: The Rex Player and Slicing should communicate with ease too.
And hiding/showing features is always better than a BIG cluttered mess.

Timestratching + slicing + quantizing should work together as a sharm too. Shortkeys to stuff and hidden gems and such are too retro.

Ok, need to take a break now.

PS: I like big buttons and logical workflow, AND BEER!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Audio_Toolbox_Scetch1.png
Audio_Toolbox_Scetch1.png (243.01 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
I'd start having a waveform always there, top of the box.
The pencil, razor, etc. top of all of it.
An auto_zoomed starting out size for immidiate slice view/editing. Like on the scetch.
Full sized window possibility (OBVIOUSLY) too.
Markers to have a possibilty to view n zoom in into an audio samples, when your audio is long and slices show up too close to eachouthers. Whatever kind of solution for this would do, as long as it seems to work!!
An auto razor, or view/zoom maybe then too??

Pitch Edit, Slice Edit, Pitch Edit buttons call out the needed tools by pressing on their icons.
L and R locators and editing while listening is already there, LOL.

Sure, the sceatch-pic's pianoroll would end where the sliced waveform begins.
And what not. But I'd just cope the existing audio tools into this editing box and have a blast using Reason even in a lot better coefficient. There must be at least something in here, NO??

But yeah, hope to make sense to you dear Reason fans even a little bit now.
Danke!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

But it deffo should remain being Reason though and not lose it's magic. AKA THE PROPS WAY TO DO THE REST TWEAKS.

normen

31 Mar 2018

Deepndark needs a coder he can tell how to do a DAW eh? :) Find a Woz DeepnJobs ;)

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
Deepndark needs a coder he can tell how to do a DAW eh? :) Find a Woz DeepnJobs ;)
I was a humble minded to not say it loud myself, and as I am just an user, I can't but tell my ish like this. I could be in a team of a DAW company, and I'd tell them just something like this though. I am some kind of talent for some sectors?? Ehh?

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Erm, indeed, if there would be check all the shortcuts of pianoroll, or audio workingbox available by clicking a ?-button - I sure would not suggest it, Nah, I W..bouen, woul...n't!! NAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!?!!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

An Offocial Tutorial Video internet shortcut next to this too then! DEMANDING!!! :x

normen

31 Mar 2018

deepndark wrote:
31 Mar 2018
normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
I was a humble minded to not say it loud myself, and as I am just an user, I can't but tell my ish like this. I could be in a team of a DAW company, and I'd tell them just something like this though. I am some kind of talent for some sectors?? Ehh?
Well I was only half-joking. You're "jobsing", i.e. you're saying "This thing should work like that and then everybody will be happy". But it's amazing how far one can get with such an obviously false premise - just look at the iPhone :) So if you actually feel like you have a vision of something that could work amazingly well - find the guys to do it with and do it!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
deepndark wrote:
31 Mar 2018

Well I was only half-joking. You're "jobsing", i.e. you're saying "This thing should work like that and then everybody will be happy". But it's amazing how far one can get with such an obviously false premise - just look at the iPhone :) So if you actually feel like you have a vision of something that could work amazingly well - find the guys to do it with and do it!
Indeed, kind of. But me being logical could be turned vise versa, it being you too, who was not my cup of tea when I disagreed with YOUR WAYS!! Too....

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Though my previous suggestions have already been proved to be worthy for teh Props before. Search/Favorites for sound-browser, reduce cable clutter, side by side multiple racks, and MOOOORRRAH!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

I'm always coped, including this forum itself too. :mrgreen:
I'm confused, but honored at the same time too... and also a bit: :x ;) :thumbs_up:

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

I was obviously FIIIIRRRrreed now!

normen

31 Mar 2018

deepndark wrote:
31 Mar 2018
Indeed, kind of. But me being logical could be turned vise versa, it being you too, who was not my cup of tea when I disagreed with YOUR WAYS!! Too....
Huh? You imply that I disagree with something you say. All I do is show you a way how you can get what you want if its a REAL itch. I can tell you 99.9% sure that you won't get your vision implemented by the Props :)

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

Audio_Toolbox_Scetch2.png
Audio_Toolbox_Scetch2.png (425.63 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
would rock to the likeminded Reasoners.
#hash, Experience, Modularity, Suite, Race, Re-Parts//LESS iS MORE// --> But perfect experience is even a cooler Hash// Vision Of Everything coming togetha that make a new selling point for it's purpose, --> making music like a Leijona.

Bally Mongolian, Heikki Roots aka Hirviö!

deepndark

31 Mar 2018

normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
deepndark wrote:
31 Mar 2018
Huh? You imply that I disagree with something you say. All I do is show you a way how you can get what you want if its a REAL itch. I can tell you 99.9% sure that you won't get your vision implemented by the Props :)
Yeah, well, they should consider them, I'm only feeling like a special quest here to show some innovates, sorry if I sometimes get a bit nasty with my writing style and the content to express like this then.
But yeah, I feel dirty a bit when my ideas are mocked down, without any arquements related to the ideas emself.
My schizophrenia may also get a new reason to feel paranoya, that I want to avoid then - after me being not like the cool kids usually seem to be. Sorry in advance then every folk, who thinks is better at this all.

Creativemind

23 May 2018

normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
I can tell you 99.9% sure that you won't get your vision implemented by the Props :)
Why d'ya say that Normen?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

normen

23 May 2018

Creativemind wrote:
23 May 2018
normen wrote:
31 Mar 2018
I can tell you 99.9% sure that you won't get your vision implemented by the Props :)
Allow me to first ask you to tell me what you think I say? Just because I suspect you condense it to „The Props will never implement freezing“.

Creativemind

11 Jun 2018

normen wrote:
23 May 2018
Creativemind wrote:
23 May 2018

Allow me to first ask you to tell me what you think I say? Just because I suspect you condense it to „The Props will never implement freezing“.
Yes that is what I thought because that is what you said wasn't it.

normen

11 Jun 2018

Creativemind wrote:
11 Jun 2018
normen wrote:
23 May 2018
Yeah, what I meant was "If you want YOUR vision of a DAW implemented do it yourself, the Props will not do it". Which is hard to deny as I suspect that Reason isn't even 100% Ernsts vision :)

Creativemind

11 Jun 2018

normen wrote:
11 Jun 2018
Creativemind wrote:
11 Jun 2018

Yeah, what I meant was "If you want YOUR vision of a DAW implemented do it yourself, the Props will not do it". Which is hard to deny as I suspect that Reason isn't even 100% Ernsts vision :)
I would if I could Normen :-)

normen

11 Jun 2018

Creativemind wrote:
11 Jun 2018
I would if I could Normen :-)
Well you can start :) I actually meant what I said to him, if it's a strong vision it WILL be able to capture other peoples imagination as well, maybe people who can do the stuff you can't.

• Information