Suggestion for audio clips

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

03 Nov 2017

fade_in_out.png
fade_in_out.png (74.24 KiB) Viewed 472 times
I have suggested this many years ago, but it's still not there. Everyone who records vocals or instruments, propably have noticed that some recorded audio clips have a click-sound at the end or beginning - and yes, we can take off the snap and then do fade in/out (snap off makes it possible to make very quick fades) - but hell, I'd just like to get a one-click button, like on the pic above. Propably the click-sound disappeares already with very fast fade in/out so, this should be as easy as selecting the audio clip and then pressing this fade in/out button - and Bam, you can continue working with other stuff. The biggest wish for Reason 11 are better workflow solutions and this is one of them.

deepndark

03 Nov 2017

fade_in_out_2.png
fade_in_out_2.png (3.17 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Here's the button and how it could look.

deepndark

03 Nov 2017

As I'm at it, I want Redrum's "remove sample" brought up, so I don't need to scroll the menu every time to remove a sample. Because "remove a sample" is oftenly used.

theshoemaker

03 Nov 2017

deepndark wrote:
03 Nov 2017
As I'm at it, I want Redrum's "remove sample" brought up, so I don't need to scroll the menu every time to remove a sample. Because "remove a sample" is oftenly used.
If you are on a mac, you can create custom App Shortcuts for about everything accessible in the menu :) There are also some threads about this topic.

And while we are at it. I'd rather have a scriptable environment, where I can create my own toolbars for customizing the UI and workflow. They already use LUA all over the place, so it'd be nice to have that.

would be something like this:

Code: Select all

clip = reason.sequencer.track.selected.clip.selected
clip.fadein = 20
clip.fadeout = 20
Or even with customizable UI:

Code: Select all

function save(form)
  clip.fadeIn = form["fadeIn"]
  clip.fadeOut = form["fadeOut"]
end

clipEdit = reason.ui.clip.create( "Remove Clicks" , clip, save)
clipEdit.open()
I'd have so many ideas for customization ... :)

And of course you'd be able to put that code in a custom button in a toolbar
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

deepndark

08 Nov 2017

@theshoemaker - well at least we could "pin" everything in the right click menus.

• Information