High Res CV

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
raccoonboy

25 Oct 2017

Would love to see a much higher res CV in Reason. Seems doubtful now as they seem to be concentrating on other things and seeing some people's comments here, a lot are not interested in CV apparently.

It's one of the best things about Reason IMO! Time will tell I guess! I want more and more CV options personally. Smaller REs available (ala spider merger) so things can be more modular. Switches on the back of each synth to turn off quantisation (for tonal CV control), I realise there are other ways round this. Would integrate with external synths better this way too.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

There are quite a few of us who love CV and are into modular setups etc.

It's a shame that IDT devices don't have CV and a lot of other devices just miss the mark as they lack CV.

Then you have other devices that do understand the importance of CV, namely Blamsoft and JP

Still holding my breath that Reveal Sound will put CV in ReSpire, that could really transform that device.

I have not had time to look at Kron and what it really has extra to offer.

How much more Res do you want? at the moment it's from -1 to 1 up to 5 decimal places.

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pushedbutton

25 Oct 2017

Aww but that would mean having to drop midi for osc. That's about as simple as replacing roadways with a series of tubes.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

etyrnal

25 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:There are quite a few of us who love CV and are into modular setups etc.

It's a shame that IDT devices don't have CV and a lot of other devices just miss the mark as they lack CV.

Then you have other devices that do understand the importance of CV, namely Blamsoft and JP

Still holding my breath that Reveal Sound will put CV in ReSpire, that could really transform that device.

I have not had time to look at Kron and what it really has extra to offer.

How much more Res do you want? at the moment it's from -1 to 1 up to 5 decimal places.

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
If you say that you're into CV and you don't have Kron yet, you're not into CV.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

etyrnal

25 Oct 2017

It seems like the resolution of the CV is high enough, it's just the knobs and the faders aren't fine enough sometimes. But the calculated CV is fine.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2017

etyrnal wrote:
25 Oct 2017

One could argue that the other way around, what can Kron do that I can't do with other devices wired up? ;)

etyrnal wrote:it's just the knobs and the faders aren't fine enough sometimes.
Totally agree with that.

ljekio

26 Oct 2017

Bit depth of CV is very high, but sample rate is 1/64 from audio and this is not always good.
I want to switch with choosing before 2-3 positions (low, mid, hi frequencies), where low is 1/64 as now, mid is 1/16 and hi is 1/1 of audio sample rate.
Or simply low and hi switch.

Ahornberg

26 Oct 2017

CV-Note resolution is limited to semitones (except A-Series 1 by Ochen K.).

raccoonboy

26 Oct 2017

I guess sample rate is what I meant. For ultra snappy envelopes AND audio rate modulation :D

raccoonboy

26 Oct 2017

pushedbutton wrote:
25 Oct 2017
Aww but that would mean having to drop midi for osc. That's about as simple as replacing roadways with a series of tubes.
Not necessarily osc if they could come up with their own format!

selig
RE Developer

26 Oct 2017

raccoonboy wrote:
26 Oct 2017
I guess sample rate is what I meant. For ultra snappy envelopes AND audio rate modulation :D
That already exists - it's up to the dev to implement it!
I've implemented it with the Selig Leveler (though I'm not sure anyone has found a use for it on that device), Pulsar has it, as does Pulveriser and others.

In other words, It's not up to the Props, they've already provided all that a dev needs to implement high sample (audio) rate CV!
Selig Audio, LLC

ljekio

26 Oct 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
26 Oct 2017
CV-Note resolution is limited to semitones (except A-Series 1 by Ochen K.).
Semitones will interpret by device with CV Note socket, but resolution of CV is very very huge.
To make it clearer I will give an example. Most of knobs calibrated with MIDI resolution (0-127) have voltage values 0-1 V. But Reason allowed (with native devices like Thor) from -8 to +8 V. And some REs allowed from -10000 to +10000 V.

etyrnal

26 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
etyrnal wrote:
25 Oct 2017

One could argue that the other way around, what can Kron do that I can't do with other devices wired up? ;)

etyrnal wrote:it's just the knobs and the faders aren't fine enough sometimes.
Totally agree with that.

etyrnal

26 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
etyrnal wrote:
25 Oct 2017

You are reinforcing my point. If a person is not understanding what Kron can do, they're only scratching the surface of CV.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2017

etyrnal wrote:
26 Oct 2017
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
You are reinforcing my point. If a person is not understanding what Kron can do, they're only scratching the surface of CV.

Make a point then, what can Kron do that other devices linked together can't do?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
26 Oct 2017
etyrnal wrote:
26 Oct 2017

Make a point then, what can Kron do that other devices linked together can't do?
We should take this to a new thread, I'll start one.

raccoonboy

07 May 2018

selig wrote:
26 Oct 2017
raccoonboy wrote:
26 Oct 2017
That already exists - it's up to the dev to implement it!
I've implemented it with the Selig Leveler (though I'm not sure anyone has found a use for it on that device), Pulsar has it, as does Pulveriser and others.

In other words, It's not up to the Props, they've already provided all that a dev needs to implement high sample (audio) rate CV!
Literally just noticed this reply. Well that's cool. That will help when more people hopefully start having things to link the modular world to Reason :D :D.

Does this mean you could do AM with your leveler?

Ahornberg

07 May 2018

AFAIK Viking 2 has aditional audio inputs for FM.

Re8et
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
07 May 2018
AFAIK Viking 2 has aditional audio inputs for FM.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information