Kong 2

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
manisnotabird

09 Oct 2017

My current default template starts with a Kong and Propulsion in a combinator together. It would be cool to have a fancier Kong with a built-in sequencer, with maybe features like humanize (both timing and velocity) per voice, and something like the trig-conditions on Elektron stuff. It would also be a cool to have a drum sampler that is a little more focused on layering drums: making it easier to slide one sample slightly forward relative to other, to really smoothly and in one step increase the transient on one part, while reducing it on the other, or to cut the bass on one and the treble on the other, to change the phase on one sample with one button click without going to another window, etc. All of this, of course, can be done now, but I think it could be made easier and smoother.

manisnotabird

09 Oct 2017

Scream 5 would be killer too. Distortion, saturation, etc, is really important and I'm sure there's plenty that could be done to improve upon the very old Scream 4 algorithms.

manisnotabird

12 Oct 2017

Also a tool built in that makes tuning drums faster and easier.

AttenuationHz

19 Oct 2017

I would love a gate pre pad switch on the gate in/gate out for when connecting pads via the gate. When you solo the pad being triggered you have to have the 1st in the chain solo'd too. If you mute the 1st in the chain the last in the chain is muted too.

Also effects per layer would be great.
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 19 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jlgrimes

19 Oct 2017

manisnotabird wrote:
09 Oct 2017
My current default template starts with a Kong and Propulsion in a combinator together. It would be cool to have a fancier Kong with a built-in sequencer, with maybe features like humanize (both timing and velocity) per voice, and something like the trig-conditions on Elektron stuff. It would also be a cool to have a drum sampler that is a little more focused on layering drums: making it easier to slide one sample slightly forward relative to other, to really smoothly and in one step increase the transient on one part, while reducing it on the other, or to cut the bass on one and the treble on the other, to change the phase on one sample with one button click without going to another window, etc. All of this, of course, can be done now, but I think it could be made easier and smoother.
I would prefer Props to focus more on piano roll enhancements to make it easier to sequence drums.

1. Paintbrush tool
2. Divide upon grid resolution command (similar but more powerful than simple split tool).
3. Change Grid Resolutions based off of Key command (example Increase grid resolution key command, decrease grid resolution key command, triplet mode)
4. Mute Note tool

If they do decide to go built-in sequencer, it needs to be more powerful than Redrum as step sequencers have moved on since then (FL Studio, Geist, Ableton Live (Piano Roll is pretty close to a step sequencer, and Push 2 takes it even further), Maschine).

Note Repeat, Flam buttons would be nice to have on drum modules. More synth Modules for the drums. Maschine took the game and ran with it. MPC/SP1200 classic sampler emulation modes, More filter options. External device module which can house any Reason device, so you could use Subtractor as a Drum sound (they would have to modernize the GUI for this one). Tempo sync mode for tape delay module.

chaosroyale

19 Oct 2017

my 2 cents: "built in" sequencers always seem like a waste of space to me, you already have a full featured sequencer track tied to every instrument.

I agree Kong needs better options for layering on 1 pad. independent pan and time offset for each layer, at least. It's really starting to show its age.

electrofux

20 Oct 2017

chaosroyale wrote:
19 Oct 2017
my 2 cents: "built in" sequencers always seem like a waste of space to me, you already have a full featured sequencer track tied to every instrument.
A build in Sequencer is still miles more handson than the big Reason Sequencer. And imho the most important thing is that a dedicated sequencer can potentially remote controlled (not Propulsion though).

BTW a sequencer with elektron style trig conditions (not only the probability stuff but also the play every x cycle or play when other steps played etc.) would be gold, really. This feature is ridiculously powerful for creating pattern variations. I wish ReDrum or StepNote Recorder (imho best remotable sequencer we have) would be updated with trig conditions.

jlgrimes

20 Oct 2017

electrofux wrote:
20 Oct 2017
chaosroyale wrote:
19 Oct 2017
A build in Sequencer is still miles more handson than the big Reason Sequencer. And imho the most important thing is that a dedicated sequencer can potentially remote controlled (not Propulsion though).

BTW a sequencer with elektron style trig conditions (not only the probability stuff but also the play every x cycle or play when other steps played etc.) would be gold, really. This feature is ridiculously powerful for creating pattern variations. I wish ReDrum or StepNote Recorder (imho best remotable sequencer we have) would be updated with trig conditions.
Ableton’s Push 2 step sequencer is basically just controlling the main piano roll and it is nice.

Same with Maschine.

electrofux

20 Oct 2017

jlgrimes wrote:
20 Oct 2017
electrofux wrote:
20 Oct 2017

Ableton’s Push 2 step sequencer is basically just controlling the main piano roll and it is nice.

Same with Maschine.
But not in Reason ;-)

• Information