My Requests

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
makke

07 Oct 2017

Hi, new Reason user here. I like Reason and I want to change it to my primary DAW, but there are some annoying things.

1. Automatically returning playing cursor. Automatically means automatically, like in every other damn hosts, not pressing keys for it. Annoying *100
2. Midi chase. It's so annoying to compose pads and other long midi notes, because Reason doesn't play long notes middle of them. You always have to listen them from the beggining. This takes so much time. Annoying *90
3. Automation curves. Do not have to tell how needed this is. Similar to FL, two points, tension line between them. This is needed for more accurate automation.
4. Midi routing
5. GUI's is so small. Everything is tiny little. Zooming is not good. Reason seriously needs big GUI overhaul.
6. Mousewheel zoom, without shortcut keys. Move your cursor to the timeline and scroll mousewheel = zoom. Just like in FL & S1. (same as holding ctrl+shift and scroll)
7. Bypass button in the VST plugin wrapper. Like next to the screenshot button.
8. Loop sync. You have kick going on playlist and then you listen loop from the browser, it doesn't sync with the beat..
9. Easy loop slicing. Like right click -> slice it to playlist AND easy loop replace, like FL have. Just hit mousewheel button and it replace the loop on the fly and automatically slice it on the playlist again. Superb feature
10. Shortcut key to open VSTi. Like you have "bass" in the sequencer, which is let's say Sylenth. It is closed, but you want to edit the synth. Highlight the "bass" track on the sequencer and hit this request shortcut key to open Sylenth, and hit the same key to close it. Now you can fast open and close the VSTi gui. This would save so much time. Pretty please!
11. Folder tracks! Everything will go messy without these.
12. Freeze tracks.

Any comments, Mr. Mattias Häggström Gerdt...? :wave:

Yvo2000

09 Oct 2017

Hello every one. I'm a new on the Reasontalk forum but a very long time Reason's user (since the very beginning back in 2000 and Reason 1). I've made every single update except Reason 8 by a time I used Ableton Live more than Reason. I got back to my roots with the introduction of VST 9.5. Since then, i'm almost only usin Reason as it is the DAW whith i'm the most familiar with....

I missed some Ableton features though... specially clip launcher...

I wish Propellerhead would introduce a way to simulate Ableton Live clip launcher... it could be different solutions :

° A way to live switch in real time without loosing synchro between different lines of the same tracks of the Reason's sequencer. Of course, you could be able to automate thoses changes.
° A form of Dr.Rex player that would be a Dr. Midi players where you can record midi loops in and then playback the exacte same way as with the loops in Dr. Rex because it's a pain to convert and import your mid tracks into Rex files to have a similar behavior as Ableton Live... I tried it but it is too much work and lossing time.
° A better way to switch between scene without loosing synchro.

PLUS....
° I missed the Folding option in Ableton clip editor (piano roll) that i wish Reason 10.5 could implement it-

Cheers from Swizerland.

123repeater

03 Nov 2017

I love everything about reason but wish too it had some more of the "live" functionality which doesn't seem that hard but Im a musician not a programmer

Loque

03 Nov 2017

1 and 6 no thx, 2 is not possible due to evolving sounds. The rest is interesting, curve automation and track folders are highly needed. And i always miss a way to see other midi clips while editing.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

03 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:
03 Nov 2017
1 and 6 no thx, 2 is not possible due to evolving sounds. The rest is interesting, curve automation and track folders are highly needed. And i always miss a way to see other midi clips while editing.
Could the 2 be possible for samplers though if they would act the same as audiostripes do?

Loque

03 Nov 2017

deepndark wrote:
03 Nov 2017
Loque wrote:
03 Nov 2017
Could the 2 be possible for samplers though if they would act the same as audiostripes do?
In simple cases yes, but think of effekts, CV, modulation and so on...
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

03 Nov 2017

Loque wrote:
03 Nov 2017
deepndark wrote:
03 Nov 2017

In simple cases yes, but think of effekts, CV, modulation and so on...
Yes. And this wouldn't propably make sense as synths couldn't get this behaviour anyway.

• Information