Quick toggle of audio settings in Transport: recording vs. mixing

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
joeyluck

28 Sep 2017

Audio-mode.png
Audio-mode.png (25.65 KiB) Viewed 1198 times

When I'm writing, I use a lower buffer size for the lower latency. If adding a part becomes tough, I solo only the part I'm recording and play with just the metronome or solo whatever other parts I need to hear in addition.

When I'm mixing I use a much higher buffer size because latency is no longer an issue.

Of course, writing and mixing aren't always two distinct stages for many of us. And if you're like me, you might be flipping back and forth as you get ideas while mixing.

I'd love to see Reason have a toggle button, in which to quickly toggle between a few saved audio settings for an audio device. For instance, settings with a low buffer size and a high buffer size. Maybe in the transport or just some key combination?

On macOS I can create aggregate devices and assign only the one audio device I wish to use. But even when visiting Reason Preferences (which is what I'm trying to avoid in this suggestion), Reason doesn't remember the settings for that different audio devices anyways.

QVprod

28 Sep 2017

Or maybe something like the dropout protection in Studio One 3.5? Essentially works as 2 different buffers running simultaneously. Even works with instrument tracks.

joeyluck

28 Sep 2017

QVprod wrote:
28 Sep 2017
Or maybe something like the dropout protection in Studio One 3.5? Essentially works as 2 different buffers running simultaneously. Even works with instrument tracks.

That would be great as well! I think I'd be ok with manually switching, would just like a quicker way of doing so. Whichever is easiest to be implemented, I'd be happy with :puf_smile:

AttenuationHz

28 Sep 2017

I think I already agreed but this really should be a thing on the massive transport space more than enough room for it. Considering audio can be playing when the buffer is being changed it really should be an option in preferences to show it on the transport those who don't use it can leave it unchecked. Would not need to change the buffer too often myself but it would be nice to have all the same.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

14 Mar 2020

This is still a feature I would still really like to see and would find very handy.

Updating this thread with an image of how I think it could look :puf_smile:

Audio-mode.png
Audio-mode.png (25.65 KiB) Viewed 1200 times

I imagine there could be a few user defined settings, such as "Live" or "Record", "Mix", and "Master".

The user could define these under Preferences and call them up quickly from the Transport.

Creativemind

14 Mar 2020

That is an awesome idea. Would come in very handy. I like the design too. ;-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information