New UI For reason

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
etyrnal

13 Jan 2018

aeox wrote:Love the UI, love the sequencer as it is. Would just like bezier curve automation mostly. Even that isn't really big deal.

Hmm, track folders would be nice I guess.
They could almost actually add the busier functionality to the sense without changing anything, if they made a key combination while adjusting parameters that would adjust the curvature of the time envelopes. Meaning if you just twiddle an AB it will change the time linearly, if you shift to Adeline knob it will give you fine control, if you control shift to it'll the knob it would allow you to adjust the curvature. They wouldn't even have to change what it looks like. Because you could judge with your ears whether the curve is right. Then they wouldn't have to change the user interface, they would just have to add Curves in the background.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

chaosroyale

13 Jan 2018

ITT: 100% of users want a hi-res scalable GUI and half of them think that means it is "the same GUI" and the other half thinks that means it is a "new GUI".

Michaellos

07 Feb 2018

Scalable rack and mixer would be really really awesome, hope this gonna happen soon

etyrnal

08 Feb 2018

etyrnal wrote:
aeox wrote:Love the UI, love the sequencer as it is. Would just like bezier curve automation mostly. Even that isn't really big deal.

Hmm, track folders would be nice I guess.
They could almost actually add the busier functionality to the sense without changing anything, if they made a key combination while adjusting parameters that would adjust the curvature of the time envelopes. Meaning if you just twiddle an AB it will change the time linearly, if you shift to Adeline knob it will give you fine control, if you control shift to it'll the knob it would allow you to adjust the curvature. They wouldn't even have to change what it looks like. Because you could judge with your ears whether the curve is right. Then they wouldn't have to change the user interface, they would just have to add Curves in the background.

One really useful change which probably not too many people will agree with is I wish they would move the button for the graphic EQ from up near the EQ section 2 down lower on the channel strip near where the sequencer and rack buttons are. Because now that I use the graphic EQ all the time, and never touch the knobs. It makes no sense to have to scroll all the way up to the EQ knobs to hit that graphic EQ button.

Oquasec

08 Feb 2018

Wouldn't mind unless it was seriously not necessary.
Never gonna be as drastic as using a different daw.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

antic604

08 Feb 2018

etyrnal wrote:
08 Feb 2018
One really useful change which probably not too many people will agree with is I wish they would move the button for the graphic EQ from up near the EQ section 2 down lower on the channel strip near where the sequencer and rack buttons are. Because now that I use the graphic EQ all the time, and never touch the knobs. It makes no sense to have to scroll all the way up to the EQ knobs to hit that graphic EQ button.
I think F4 brings up the graphic EQ, no?

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2018

vcv zoom.JPG
vcv zoom.JPG (35.45 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Zoom section like this is scalable UI?

AttenuationHz

02 Dec 2018

Re8et wrote:
01 Dec 2018
vcv zoom.JPGZoom section like this is scalable UI?
Which is SVG. There is no SVG support for any RE dev's, that won't happen!

Reason uses Raster Images no way around that!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

topperf

14 Apr 2020

The resolution I use makes using Reason a tad troublesome sometimes. Some knobs and buttons are very small.. Does anyone here have any idea how difficult it actually is to implement something like this?? :?:

antic604

14 Apr 2020

topperf wrote:
14 Apr 2020
The resolution I use makes using Reason a tad troublesome sometimes. Some knobs and buttons are very small.. Does anyone here have any idea how difficult it actually is to implement something like this?? :?:
It's been confirmed by Mattias they're working on GPU-accelerated, high-res GUI. I hope it's also internally scaleable, like in Live or Bitwig (only 2 DAWs I know of that have that feature).
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

kuhliloach

14 Apr 2020

A scalable GPU accelerated hires UI is critical, while meeting and exceeding the most coveted functionality offered by Ableton Live. There is no single feature or competitor more significant.

antic604

14 Apr 2020

kuhliloach wrote:
14 Apr 2020
A scalable GPU accelerated hires UI is critical, while meeting and exceeding the most coveted functionality offered by Ableton Live. There is no single feature or competitor more significant.
LOL :D Hyperbole much?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

kuhliloach

14 Apr 2020

I was kidding. The UI is just fine. What we actually need is another synthesizer or two but located in a new place. Like many of you I dig through my Reason instruments and cannot find a single synth. Sometimes they're staring at me and I still can't find them! Where are they I wonder? Do I need to click an orange thing? What color thing am I looking for? What is this very small button? Is it a button, or a dial? Why can't I figure out Ableton? Right? You cannot disagree.

sgc1060

20 Apr 2020

Excellent Idea and VERY much awaited for...

sgc1060

20 Apr 2020

A few more classy (mostly dark) themes that also affect SSL Mixer please...
And perhaps visual response to any knob being modulated by external LFO/CV...
Why should this be the case ONLY in a combinator?

joeyluck

21 Apr 2020

sgc1060 wrote:
20 Apr 2020
A few more classy (mostly dark) themes that also affect SSL Mixer please...
And perhaps visual response to any knob being modulated by external LFO/CV...
Why should this be the case ONLY in a combinator?
That's because assigning CV in a Combinator or VST device works more like automation. The CV in those situations is being assigned to and manipulating the control directly; whether that's a knob, slider, button, etc. So you see those controls move. And you can really only have one source modulating a control at a time. You can assign multiple sources, but they will fight.

When you connect to a dedicated CV connection on the back of a device, it is modulating the parameter behind the control. In this case, you can have several sources modulating the same parameter, and the modulation of that parameter can go beyond the representation of the control you see on the front.

Hopefully I explained that well enough. When you get a chance, take some time to experiment between the two.

Creativemind

07 Jun 2020

I hope the new GUI update and (hopefully) scalability includes the Reason Rack Plug-In too. Using it in reaper earlier and man, it's small. If that's a Reaper or host daw issue then they could have it work like the Europa VST does.

As for Reason itself, I think throwing in another theme or 2 along with this GUI update would tie in would it not? and PLEASE Reason Studio's, include the ability to have themes affect the mixer and no restart required to apply.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

jlgrimes

27 Jul 2020

I wouldnt say 100% but I would think its up pretty high.

That said going to a wide variety of DAW forums, you will find users on all DAWS unhappy with the GUI. Generally Im usually neutral in regards to GUI, I do agree, Reason needs to improve here.

Although I probably would have preferred track freeze over GUI, but that said alot of the improvements I would want in Reason (Better instruments), stem from an improved GUI. For example a larger GUI could help with better Players that makes a better Step editing environment (or better sample editors built into REs such as Grain).

• Information