A button to record arm all instruments/mixer and everything automation in reason with one click

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
sot

24 Sep 2017

A button to record arm all instruments/mixer and everything automation in reason with one click so you can record all movement of buttons etc in reason while playing realtime at once without having to assign multiple midi controllers (fake or real).

And if can be done, the ability to record reason own audio output to audio track, cause some sounds, some mistakes, buffer effects can only be heard when you are tweaking/playing live with knobs etc...
:reason: 10

Re8et
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2017

sot wrote:
24 Sep 2017
A button to record arm all instruments/mixer and everything automation in reason with one click so you can record all movement of buttons etc in reason while playing realtime at once without having to assign multiple midi controllers (fake or real).

And if can be done, the ability to record reason own audio output to audio track, cause some sounds, some mistakes, buffer effects can only be heard when you are tweaking/playing live with knobs etc...
:thumbs_up: Indeed for the first one.

For the second request you can add a mixer channel through the main insert fx. There you have your own (main?) audio output. Unless you are making a master then why just do not use a real mixer and record that on a separate in either in Reason or externally.

QVprod

02 Nov 2017

sot wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Already doable. Create a mix channel. Press tab and route the master out to the mix channel. To hear this you can route the direct out of the mix channel back to the hardware interface. Tab again and on the right side of the mix channel, click 'Rec Source'.

You will now be able to select that mix channel as an input to an audio track.

Innerst

08 Mar 2018

QVprod wrote:
02 Nov 2017
sot wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Already doable. Create a mix channel. Press tab and route the master out to the mix channel. To hear this you can route the direct out of the mix channel back to the hardware interface. Tab again and on the right side of the mix channel, click 'Rec Source'.

You will now be able to select that mix channel as an input to an audio track.
Routing master out to an audio track for live recording is an excellent alternative to using the song sequencer and bounce to tracks IMO.

I think this should be one of the standard record modes in Reason, like block- and song mode is.

I actually prefer this method in many situations. For example I may have some instruments hooked up to a pattern sequencer like the Matrix. Changing patterns, knobs and faders live without using automation into the Reason sequencer opens up a whole new world of experimentation. You are no longer forced into linear thinking in terms of programming the time line in the Reason song sequencer. You can record as many takes as you want with different variations of said pattern, knob and fader tweaking. Synths not hooked up to the Matrix you may also play live. If you have many midi keyboards you can also play different synths live at the same time. And a great bonus: if you are a group of people partaking in a jam you will avoid one person having to constantly be in charge of the Reason sequencer time line. This person can instead actively take part in the jam without constantly worrying about the Reason sequencer programming. The only output of the session will be the audio track 'take' from master out.

And of course if you arm each Reason sequencer line for automation you can potentially record all the live midi signals as well. I guess you could also have multiple 'automation takes' in this way using block mode.

selig
RE Developer

08 Mar 2018

I really can’t believe Reason doesn’t have a “do to all” and “do to selected” modifier keys like Pro Tools has had for years. There are countless things you can quickly do with this functionality and it doesn’t require you to create a group first (if groups were even possible in Reason - but that’s another story).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

prettycoolpj

16 Mar 2021

selig wrote:
08 Mar 2018
I really can’t believe Reason doesn’t have a “do to all” and “do to selected” modifier keys like Pro Tools has had for years. There are countless things you can quickly do with this functionality and it doesn’t require you to create a group first (if groups were even possible in Reason - but that’s another story).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
EXACTLY. It's now 2021 and using Reason 11 - still no "Arm/Record All Automation" button/toggle functionality. I've requested this from PH personally, 3x in the last 5 years, and still nothing. I'm a House/Techno producer, so I thrive on on-the-fly automation in my recordings, and having to arm and assign every damned track, every time I want to record or render is ridiculous!

BUT, if anyone knows a workaround, I'm all ears!

• Information