New Player Ideas

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
djsmex

23 Sep 2017

1. MIDI Routing
A player device where you can select multiple MIDI Inputs/Channels and route it out via CVs or other players. Perhaps even key zones and remote switching to enable disable multiple MIDI outs.
2. CV Routing
A player that allows you to use CV inputs to be routed to the sequencer automation lanes and perhaps automation lanes back out to CV outs. This enabling the capture of various CV REs output directly to an automation lane in the sequencer for editing.
Note: the second idea will require support for curves inside automation lanes.

remo101

23 Sep 2017

I'll second those ideas.

Plus a nice simple one I'd like: Could "Note Echo" modify the length of echo'd notes in the same way it modifies the velocity?

joeyluck

23 Sep 2017

It's interesting we haven't seen another Player yet. Thought they would've opened it up to RE developers by now or Propellerhead would have released more themselves. I'd like to see MIDI routing on the back of the Rack incorporated in some fashion.

Loque

23 Sep 2017

Nice ideas, djsmex. I would appreciate improvement of the existing devices, especially PolyCV and individual chord notes CV in and out for Scales&Chords. And maybe a transpose CV and more... MORE... MORE! MORE!!!
Reason12, Win10

pushedbutton

23 Sep 2017

How about some sort of hybrid of the first 3 players where you can program the player to play a chord, and a melody rather than having to duplicate tracks to achieve the same result and have the note echo conditions made more flexible?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

etyrnal

24 Sep 2017

djsmex wrote:1. MIDI Routing
A player device where you can select multiple MIDI Inputs/Channels and route it out via CVs or other players. Perhaps even key zones and remote switching to enable disable multiple MIDI outs.
2. CV Routing
A player that allows you to use CV inputs to be routed to the sequencer automation lanes and perhaps automation lanes back out to CV outs. This enabling the capture of various CV REs output directly to an automation lane in the sequencer for editing.
Note: the second idea will require support for curves inside automation lanes.
I'd like to see a device like a player where you can program up to 88 chords and map them to keys. So that you can play back chords with one finger. First you tell the player what key you want to place a chord on, then you play the chord in by hand, and it memorizes it, next time you just press that one key and it plays the chord. I don't like those cord devices where you have to program in cords manually one note at a time. I just wanted to memorize the chords that I physically play. It would also be very cool if you just tell it memorize these cords, and you just play 5 chords in a row, it listens to each cord, and sequentially Maps them across some keys.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Marco Raaphorst

24 Sep 2017

Ableton has a couple of "player" devices which are super:
Note Length (changing length of notes triggered by note on or note off)
Random (randomise or alternate incoming midi notes)
Velocity (a MIDI compressor!)

Loque

24 Sep 2017

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
24 Sep 2017
A little bit of that you can do with groove mixer and the tool window. But not when live playing, but there is enough of random when i play :D
Reason12, Win10

Marco Raaphorst

24 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
24 Sep 2017
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
24 Sep 2017
A little bit of that you can do with groove mixer and the tool window. But not when live playing, but there is enough of random when i play :D
You are right. Would be great to make a Player for Groove Mixer!

ltbrunt00

25 Sep 2017

I have a feeling they have something special coming for players.

Maybe something like Max for Live or Reaktor with user created modules. This would be worth the price.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Oquasec

25 Sep 2017

The only reason I do not see them making a synthedit for reason is the fact that the combinator is exactly this.
So I suppose they'd simply neeed more ways to give you more knobs via rack extensions or hooking multiple combis up via cv.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

electrofux

29 Sep 2017

A looper.

• Information