A LIST OF GREAT FEATURE REQUESTS FROM ME :)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
kimothebeatmaker

20 Sep 2017

1. Rack Instrument / VST patch view in sequencer mode. Be able to click on the device icon in the sequencer view and have a patch browser pop up for quick patch browsing in sequencer mode.
2. Pan and Volume knob in sequencer mode. Would help when adjusting quick fixes in sequencer mode, while arranging songs.
3. Favorite rack extension / vst list. We can have favorite sound lists, but no favorite rack extension / vsts. Would be incredibly helpful to have a favorites list to where I can just click and drag from a list of devices I like most.
4. Automation curves
5. Bouncing midi clip bounces only that midi clip. For example, separate lanes bouncing bounces the whole instrument, instead of just the selected clip. Would be useful for separate drum bouncing.
6. Bounce in mono
7. 1/128 and 1/256 in measures would be nice....I find I used these quite often while making trap beats in Logic Pro X.
8. Update factory instruments
9. Customizable Hotkeys
10. Markers with customizable hotkeys. FOR EXAMPLE: I would like to set 1 on number pad for the first verse, and 2 for 1st chorus....and all I need to do to go to that point in the song is hit those respective number pads.

etyrnal

21 Sep 2017

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
Do people really not understand the logical reasons for why the original factory instruments will never be changed??

They'll add new instruments, but they will never update the originals.

Learn how to create patches, or buy some.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Exowildebeest

21 Sep 2017

7. 1/128 and 1/256 in measures would be nice....I find I used these quite often while making trap beats in Logic Pro X.
Yeah, the fact that it only goes down to 1/64 is a bit of a bummer. However, you can just double the tempo and 1/64 becomes 1/128 for all practical purposes.

esefelipe

21 Sep 2017

etyrnal wrote:
21 Sep 2017
kimothebeatmaker wrote:
Do people really not understand the logical reasons for why the original factory instruments will never be changed??

Mixer 14:2 (with its original and improved EQ curves)
Dr. Octo REX
RV7000 mkii

Updates to original devices is not unheard of. What people are asking for are usually minor updates and fixes to bugs/quirks/inconsistencies.

scratchnsnifff

21 Sep 2017

esefelipe wrote:
21 Sep 2017
etyrnal wrote:
21 Sep 2017

Mixer 14:2 (with its original and improved EQ curves)
Dr. Octo REX
RV7000 mkii

Updates to original devices is not unheard of. What people are asking for are usually minor updates and fixes to bugs/quirks/inconsistencies.
It makes sense that they don't want to touch subtractor (it's a classic to many)

Malstrom is made by a dude who no longer works for them

But Thor, like Iv said many other places

Should have unison
Malstrom wavetables (a malstrom oscillator)
They could and should add more modules to Thor.

A nn nano osc.

More LFO shapes

Nothing too serious. If they can take thors wavetables and add them to parsec
They should be able to take some of malstroms and add them to Thor :p
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

kimothebeatmaker

21 Sep 2017

etyrnal wrote:
21 Sep 2017
kimothebeatmaker wrote:

Im sorry, but you come off a bit rude and condescending so allow me to retort...

I know how to create patches, but the sonic quality and sound engine of some of the Reason devices use are a bit dated. For instance NN19 / NNXT, the samplers don't have functions such as a tone generator to match pitch, yes it has detect pitch but its not always correct, especially if sampling from warped records, chords, or pitch bend instruments to name a few. The samplers also don't have a import wav, and create chop points...yes you can import a wav into the sequencer, chop it there, and manually export each point, and then import into the NNXT...but in 2017....why? NN19 / NNXT sampler patches sound ridiculously out dated...like a cheap old yamaha keyboard compared to some of the things that are out now with Maschine / Kontakt / Structure 2 / Sampletank / Nexus....then there is recycle....which in my opinion is a big WHY DOES THIS STILL EXIST?! Why not just take the best things from Recycle, NN19 / NNXT, and create a new sampler device inside Reason everyone will enjoy? Do I really need to pay an extra 100$ for the "adjust splice point strength" feature? ......

The synths I don't really have an issue with, on the contrary...I adore Thor, without it I wouldn't have learned how to create my own patches or learn synthesis. But the EQ inserts? The compressor inserts? The filters without adjustable notch?

If things are so perfect with the set instruments etyrnal, why even create patches? Why not just use the set ones? Ah because you desire better sounds, and more variety am I right? So why not let Propellerhead know....the piano sounds they had since 2001 doesn't cut it in 2017. Just a suggestion, no need to question anyones comprehension on reasons YOU deem logical.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

etyrnal

26 Nov 2017

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
etyrnal wrote:
21 Sep 2017

Im sorry, but you come off a bit rude and condescending so allow me to retort...

I know how to create patches, but the sonic quality and sound engine of some of the Reason devices use are a bit dated. For instance NN19 / NNXT, the samplers don't have functions such as a tone generator to match pitch, yes it has detect pitch but its not always correct, especially if sampling from warped records, chords, or pitch bend instruments to name a few. The samplers also don't have a import wav, and create chop points...yes you can import a wav into the sequencer, chop it there, and manually export each point, and then import into the NNXT...but in 2017....why? NN19 / NNXT sampler patches sound ridiculously out dated...like a cheap old yamaha keyboard compared to some of the things that are out now with Maschine / Kontakt / Structure 2 / Sampletank / Nexus....then there is recycle....which in my opinion is a big WHY DOES THIS STILL EXIST?! Why not just take the best things from Recycle, NN19 / NNXT, and create a new sampler device inside Reason everyone will enjoy? Do I really need to pay an extra 100$ for the "adjust splice point strength" feature? ......

The synths I don't really have an issue with, on the contrary...I adore Thor, without it I wouldn't have learned how to create my own patches or learn synthesis. But the EQ inserts? The compressor inserts? The filters without adjustable notch?

If things are so perfect with the set instruments etyrnal, why even create patches? Why not just use the set ones? Ah because you desire better sounds, and more variety am I right? So why not let Propellerhead know....the piano sounds they had since 2001 doesn't cut it in 2017. Just a suggestion, no need to question anyones comprehension on reasons YOU deem logical.
You cannot change the original instruments. It would instantaneously destroy people's reason files that they may have saved since version 1. If you make changes to the original stock devices, you are making changes to thousands and thousands of people's songs. The built-in instruments cannot be changed.

kimothebeatmaker

05 Dec 2017

Too late...they already added new instruments :) . And they sound a;sdlkfajsdlkfajs;dlkfjasldkfjal;j;lksjdfl;a jsooooooo gooooooooooood.

:)

I like grain the most, but the others are really great as well.

Oquasec

06 Dec 2017

good suggestions. you'd need to use modules or change the time signature for that beyond 1/64 or no snap.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

13 Nov 2018

etyrnal wrote:
26 Nov 2017
kimothebeatmaker wrote:

You cannot change the original instruments. It would instantaneously destroy people's reason files that they may have saved since version 1. If you make changes to the original stock devices, you are making changes to thousands and thousands of people's songs. The built-in instruments cannot be changed.

Yes you can. Take the RV-7000 as an example when they updated that. The updating of Thor for example would not mean older patches wouldn't work. The features used in the old Thor patches would still be there. As long as Propellerhead didn't take anything out that wasn't there now (which they wouldn't) nothing would happen.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

esselfortium

13 Nov 2018

kimothebeatmaker wrote:
20 Sep 2017
1. Rack Instrument / VST patch view in sequencer mode. Be able to click on the device icon in the sequencer view and have a patch browser pop up for quick patch browsing in sequencer mode.
This one already exists, click on the sequencer track and press ctrl-B (or cmd-B if you're on MacOS) to browse for patches for it :puf_smile:
3. Favorite rack extension / vst list. We can have favorite sound lists, but no favorite rack extension / vsts. Would be incredibly helpful to have a favorites list to where I can just click and drag from a list of devices I like most.
Reason 10 has this, you can put devices into favorites lists.
4. Automation curves
5. Bouncing midi clip bounces only that midi clip. For example, separate lanes bouncing bounces the whole instrument, instead of just the selected clip. Would be useful for separate drum bouncing.
9. Customizable Hotkeys
Yes please!

edit: Wait, what? I just realized this is a thread from last year that got bumped. Uhh.... huh.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

scratchnsnifff

13 Nov 2018

Creativemind wrote:
13 Nov 2018
etyrnal wrote:
26 Nov 2017

Yes you can. Take the RV-7000 as an example when they updated that. The updating of Thor for example would not mean older patches wouldn't work. The features used in the old Thor patches would still be there. As long as Propellerhead didn't take anything out that wasn't there now (which they wouldn't) nothing would happen.
Or for a recent example. I’m able to open up my Reason 10.00 files from when Europa was first released

Only it now allows a user sample oscillator as well as more modifiers and harmonic generator types

Adding to synths is possible, i think they haven’t touched Thor because they gave the dude who made Thor a new job title. I saw a video where the guy who was the manager for Reason devices said he currently (as of 4-5 years ago) works as the Re/3rd party relations manager or something to that effect

Also, I think they just want to build up their synth set, and have many types of synths out of the box, but I really do hope that they change their line of thinking. It would be such a beautiful thing to see them make Thor modernized.

Nowadays I mainly want them to absolutely finish Europa. Samples In all 3 engines.
A new space for drawing your own modifier/phase distortion curve
More in depth effects or a button to switch from the current basic effect set, to a more advanced set of effects
And the icing on the cake. Fm between oscillators via mod matrix or the modulation routing boxes
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Creativemind

13 Nov 2018

esselfortium wrote:
13 Nov 2018
kimothebeatmaker wrote:
20 Sep 2017
This one already exists, click on the sequencer track and press ctrl-B (or cmd-B if you're on MacOS) to browse for patches for it :puf_smile:
Reason 10 has this, you can put devices into favorites lists.
4. Automation curves
9. Customizable Hotkeys
Yes please!

edit: Wait, what? I just realized this is a thread from last year that got bumped. Uhh.... huh.
Yes sorry that was me. I was searching for something and came across this post. I couldn't resist responding. Lol!

Thanks for the tip - ctrl / B brings up the patches. Have to click the bit on the left though, not the sequencer lane itself. Is that bit called the Inspector? it is in some other daws.
Last edited by Creativemind on 13 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

13 Nov 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
13 Nov 2018

Adding to synths is possible, i think they haven’t touched Thor because they gave the dude who made Thor a new job title. I saw a video where the guy who was the manager for Reason devices said he currently (as of 4-5 years ago) works as the Re/3rd party relations manager or something to that effect

Also, I think they just want to build up their synth set, and have many types of synths out of the box, but I really do hope that they change their line of thinking. It would be such a beautiful thing to see them make Thor modernized.

Nowadays I mainly want them to absolutely finish Europa. Samples In all 3 engines.
A new space for drawing your own modifier/phase distortion curve
More in depth effects or a button to switch from the current basic effect set, to a more advanced set of effects
And the icing on the cake. Fm between oscillators via mod matrix or the modulation routing boxes
The Europa stuff sounds good but I'm still hoping for a really good Thor update. It could be pretty much the best stock synth of any daw with a few more fx - reverb, unison, EQ etc, switchable Exponential Envelopes / Normal envelopes for both the Filter and Amp envelopes and more Wavetables for the Wavetable oscillator, an NN-Nano, Malstrom oscillator and throw in a Nurse Rex oscillator as well to complete the set. An extra oscillator slot as well if possible too. I was told that was not though due to sizing / rack issues and is there any other filter types they could include? also something else simple for me, being able to hold ctrl and drag an oscillator from one slot to the other (copy and paste basically) and it copies the exact oscillator and settings to whichever oscillator slot you let go on. Also, while they're at it, make Thor 2 a VST and free to Reason users with the latest version of Reason.

Going back to Europa, does anyone think 7 voices (count) is quite low in the unison section?

kimothebeatmaker

19 Nov 2018

I really want a new sampler. Something that I can drag and drop a wav file from the sequencer. Then be able to map out splice points to whatever keys, and be able to keep it in time sync with the session. So if the sample is 140 bpm and the session is in 120, you can adjust the time stretch to match 120, and lock it...so if you so happen to change session from 120 to 110 for example, it will adjust the sample/sampler as well. I want to be able to map every single parameter of that sampler to my midi controller. Knobs/ start point/ loop type/ etc.....

• Information