Track templates

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Rumbact

18 Sep 2017

I would like to have track templates, for example being able to save reason drum kits with every kitpeace routed to a mixtrack. It would be a timesaver for sure.

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2017

You can make a project and just name it as a template. Or do you mean something else?

Rumbact

18 Sep 2017

I mean track templates as Reaper does it, you can save a channel configuration with instruments and plugins.

normen

18 Sep 2017

Hm, but for your example its kind of hard to say where that "channel" preset would actually be, right? I mean is it a preset for a single channel (that you create how?) that then creates a bunch of new channels plus an instrument? That would be quite "surprising" to me somehow. In other DAWs the instrument is always "inside" the channel, in Reason its "below", right? That makes this *exact* feature a bit problematic :)

You could copy-pase the whole shebang from a different (template) Reason project that you open alongside to solve this issue though.

Otherwise, outside this specific example, I guess you do know that the insert slot is basically a combinator and can save presets, the channel settings (EQ, dynamics) don't have any kind of preset system though.

Rumbact

19 Sep 2017

What i want is being able to open up a multichannel instrument like BFD 3 with mixchannels already routed and Console 1 plugins on every track already named and ready for mixing. I don’t see why that would be hard to do, you could access it with right mouse click - Submenu.

normen

19 Sep 2017

Hm, so not track templates but "anything you could think of"-templates that just put any kind of stuff in your project? And you create these by selecting all the stuff you want in that template before and then say "New->Stuffs Template from selected"? Interesting idea.

I didn't say "hard to do" - you were speaking of "channel presets" like most other DAWs have them and I was mentioning that Reason doesn't keep instruments inside the channel - you do see the disconnect there, right? :)

But again, you can easily copy-paste the whole setup from another Reason file for now so you don't have to do that routing each time.

geremix

20 Sep 2017

I have a template for that and it works great. And if I want to add a drum after I already started a song without one, I open a new file from that template and copy all the tracks. It’s one or two mouse clicks more than the idea of “Right Click/Create/Stuff” but this method exists! [emoji14]

--
G E R E M I X
@bygeremix

Rumbact

20 Sep 2017

Great tip with the template 😀 i’m gonna try that, hope they implement track templates then. Check it out in reaper it’s a killer feature.

Cheers

normen

21 Sep 2017

o_O

• Information