Reason devices as VST/AU in other DAWs

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
esefelipe

18 Sep 2017

I know this one is far fetched.

I would LOVE to see a Reason Combinator VST/AU that could load Reason devices and instruments in other DAWs. To have Thor, Kong, The Echo, etc in Logic, Live or Mainstage would be a game changer.

Provide all the routing and programming possibilities within the sandbox of a Combinator instance.

It would be like Rewire in the old days, when Reason was just a synth rack. But as a VST/AU, it could be much more streamlined in DAW workflows/presets/management.

I would definitely continue upgrading and supporting Reason if I could access the devices in this manner.

Oquasec

18 Sep 2017

I see the logic behind it, but what you asked for is basically what rewire is.
If I wanna use reason plugin in ableton, I rewire reason into ableton.
If I do not want to use a second daw for a track, I standalone the exe.
--------------------------------------------
This is not out of the question since some daws have already proven it is possible to be a vst but still be the entire daw.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

esefelipe

18 Sep 2017

In my dreamworld, it's vastly simplified - not the entire Reason rack. Just a single Combinator instance (multiplied by as many instances as you create in your DAW of choice). You could use that Combinator to a single Reason instrument, a Reason effect, or an entire chain of effects. I'm sure the code behind it is essentially the same as asking for the entire Reason rack, but this UX implementation would be awesome.

Loque

18 Sep 2017

This idea was already mention a few times, to have a Combiantor as a single VST device inside other DAWs. I liked the idea and think it could be usefull. But as soon as it becomes to tweaking, you are back in Reason. A simple Combinator Player with a few Controls, like a GUI frontend with underlaying and hidden stuff.
Reason12, Win10

michal22

20 Sep 2017

I'm not on. I would like the Propellerhead team to focus exclusively on Reason. This is most important to me. Making vst plugs will slow down the growth of Reason.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

• Information