Redrum Update

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Goriila Texas

27 Aug 2017

Please update Redrum so we can trigger patterns with midi.

Ahornberg

27 Aug 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
27 Aug 2017
In the sequencer there's the Pattern Select lane for changing patterns but
using "Edit Remote Override Mapping ..." on the Pattern Selector on the device in the Rack
you can set a MIDI note for every single pattern so you can select each pattern using your MIDI keyboard.
Does this feed your needs?

Goriila Texas

27 Aug 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
27 Aug 2017
Goriila Texas wrote:
27 Aug 2017
In the sequencer there's the Pattern Select lane for changing patterns but
using "Edit Remote Override Mapping ..." on the Pattern Selector on the device in the Rack
you can set a MIDI note for every single pattern so you can select each pattern using your MIDI keyboard.
Does this feed your needs?
No, I already know about the pattern lane. You can already trigger sounds from channels why not their patterns from the step sequencer?

Ahornberg

28 Aug 2017

What you also could do is:

- put the Redrum in a Combinator
- in the Combinator's Modulation Routing choose "CV In 1" as Source and "Selected Pattern" as Target
- take an RPG-8 and turn the "ON"-button off
- connect the "Note CV Out" on the RPG-8 to the "Programmer CV In - CV 1" on the Combinator
- in the Sequencer use the MIDI lane of the RPG-8 to select patterns on the Redrum

Maybe this helps ...

Goriila Texas

28 Aug 2017

I ended up using the Rpg-8 patterns which has 16 steps and is all I need to do triplets or whatever via midi. Dove deep into RPG-8 and found out how to actually use the octaves with it. The note cv out in RPG to the pitch cv in on the Redrum will control the octave of the notes using the octave shift at the top right under the velocity knob or by choosing 1--4 octaves next to the mode knob. So i'm good now thanks for trying to help.

• Information