Bypass button on VST window itself

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
tobypearce

29 Jul 2017

I'm beginning to seriously wish there was a bypass button on the VST window itself.

VST windows float outside the rack, and when you're focussed on that window it breaks the flow to have to seek out the rack and find the bypass button.

Some VSTs have bypass built in but many don't.

There is plenty of space along the top (to the right of Remote, Screenshot etc).

This small edition would enhance workflow greatly.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

riemac

29 Jul 2017

tobypearce wrote:
29 Jul 2017
I'm beginning to seriously wish there was a bypass button on the VST window itself.

VST windows float outside the rack, and when you're focussed on that window it breaks the flow to have to seek out the rack and find the bypass button.

Some VSTs have bypass built in but many don't.

There is plenty of space along the top (to the right of Remote, Screenshot etc).

This small edition would enhance workflow greatly.
Yes, your totally right bypass for fx and solo for instruments is missing really bad.

NekujaK

19 Sep 2017

+1000!!
This is one of those simple and obvious missing features that is a constant annoyance every time I'm mixing. If you add up all the time wasted by moving the VST to find the Reason bypass button in the rack, accidentally closing the VST in the process, having to re-open the VST, and then repeating the entire process when you want to un-bypass, I'm sure it would not be insignificant.

While they're at it, they should add the preset browser to the window as well. Not all VSTs utilize Reason's preset browser, but for those that do, you have to jump thru the same hoops as the bypass.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information