I Need a Bypass Button on the VST Toolbar

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
davidvilla

19 Jun 2017

So when I have a plugin pinned open and am in the sequencer view, I'd like something on the plugin itself to bypass it without having to go back to the rack. Some plugs don't come with a bypass.

Like this:
bypass-button.jpg
bypass-button.jpg (483.37 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

joeyluck

19 Jun 2017

I didn't think I needed this because of the bypass switch on the VST rack device. But I changed my mind after I got my hands on some VST effects and started juggling the floating windows. I don't always end up with the VST window near it's rack container. So yes, this would be handy :thumbs_up:

Similarly, I'd like to have at least a wet/dry knob on the VST effect rack device, for those many times I don't have the VST window open. Would be more efficient vs. having to pop-out the window every time just to adjust a very common parameter like the mix.

AttenuationHz

20 Jun 2017

It would be handy to have alright!

Can you not A/B it there use a clean patch and the patch you have? Most VST's have a bypass of some sort. If you combine a VST or put it in a mix channel you can program a button to Bypass, A/B, Wet/Dry, and remote override the button to a midi button or even a key/rotary.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

davidvilla

20 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
20 Jun 2017

Can you not A/B it there use a clean patch and the patch you have? Most VST's have a bypass of some sort. If you combine a VST or put it in a mix channel you can program a button to Bypass, A/B, Wet/Dry, and remote override the button to a midi button or even a key/rotary.

Yes of course there are always workarounds to mostly everything, but I'm not looking for workarounds and it' doesn't satisfy my feature suggestion : )

joeyluck

20 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:
20 Jun 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
20 Jun 2017

Yes of course there are always workarounds to mostly everything, but I'm not looking for workarounds and it' doesn't satisfy my feature suggestion : )
And you wouldn't even need this approach anyways, as all VST effect rack devices (like all effect devices in Reason) have a bypass switch that is remotable. The point being I think is it is a bit out of reach at times when working directly in a VST window.

Mmj85

20 Jun 2017

Yes, the vst toolbar with a bypass/power button would be most useful. I have a medium size screen monitor and i find myself moving the plunging window out the way just to access the power button when i need to compare what i have adjusted on the vst. Some vst's don't have a bypass button so this would solve and improve the work flow.
You know we all need to make up time for those hours working behind the RACK ;)

AttenuationHz

20 Jun 2017

I don't disagree with the suggestion it would be a good feature.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information