I want to be able to call up a VST from the sequencer lane.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
davidvilla

17 Jun 2017

Below is my preferred screen layout. I don't use the browser to create instruments. I right-click instead. It's faster for me. I also add effects to my tracks this way. So anyway, I would really like to use the rack as less as possible. In fact, if I never have to use it, FINE BY ME. So the only thing is, that in my screen layout, there is no way for me to access the actual VST without clicking the rack keyboard shortcut or the rack mixer button. Boo.

Here is my feature suggestion: Since VSTs pop out of the rack, I'd like to be able to click on the VST icon in the sequencer lane, and have the VST pop up so I can edit it from there. And the following is probably too 'enthusiastic' , but I'd also like to do this with effect inserts. Thanks.
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 5.21.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 5.21.32 PM.png (472.85 KiB) Viewed 480 times

AttenuationHz

17 Jun 2017

Sorry to ruin your day but the only way to access any device on the rack is on the rack. It is just how things are. But its a good suggestion. I think it would be very powerful being able to pin a VST to sequencer as opposed to the rack you could view automation info on the VST and refine the curves visually as well as by ear. I use the detached layout with the sequencer a similar size to the size you use. But would be mostly at the rack unless arranging. With the detached windows there is space for a VST above or below sequencer window.
This is also the reason why we should be able to assign hotkeys to VST windows though.

I use a donationware program called AquaSnap it will allow you to pin a VST (or any window) over a window with opacity settings. I don't know if there is an alternative on mac I'm on windows.

Last edited by AttenuationHz on 18 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

riemac

18 Jun 2017

Yes, good suggestion. This was the first thing I was missing, after testing vst in Reason. It would be nice if there were a F-key for opening the active VSTi in addition to a button on the sequencer.

• Information