Audio Suggestions

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

16 Jun 2017

Hi All!

I would like to see plenty of Audio enhancements in Reason 10. Hopefully after some small but needed workflow enhancements have been incorporated in a 9.6 or something before 10.

My audio suggestions are however:-

Audiowarp
Detect the Tempo of Audio
Fit the Tempo of the Audio to the Tempo of the Track or Automatically fit the tempo of the track to the Tempo of the Audio.
Punch In/Out
Crossfading of Audio in the Sequencer
Nudging Audio by seconds (or any time you manually input in seconds or ms)
Phase Locking of Audio
Audio Activated Edit Over-ride for the Tap Tempo (Get the tempo by clapping or clicking your fingers into your mic)
Real-Time Audio Slicing
Automation of dB and Pitch on Audio Clips
Audio to Midi in Polyphonic
Pitch Correction in Polyphonic
More Fade In/Out Options / Curves
Bounce to Mono in the Bounce Section
Import / Export of Audio in Mono
Right Clicking and Dragging to Highlight Audio and it Automatically Loops That Part and also can Erase or Silence that part
Scrub
Changing the speed of audio (or the whole track actually) by 1/2 speed or double speed
Not having to click out of Audio Quantize Mode to delete clips, move clips etc

Also a BPM delay for audio. Saw this in Cakewalk years ago. Right click the audio wave, select BPM delay from the list, highlight the part of the audio you want to echo, so maybe the end of Lee on the end of Eventual-lee, and you have a box, it says, how many delays (1-8), do you want the delay to be fading out, stay the same, fade upwards, you type the bpm in the box and click apply. Job done. It changes the wave to a new delayed wave at the "Lee" part.

Also, "File Info" for Audio. Right click the audio wave / clip, and in the list it has "File Info". In that sub-menu it will (if the audio was recorded in Reason) tell you what time the audio was recorded, how long the clip is and what take it was etc and (if it wasn't recorded in Reason) the file path from your computer where the audio sample was from, i.e - c://desktop/samples/acapella vocals and will tell you the time of import and again the length of the sample.

and 2 things I've seen in video's recently:-

Sound or Noise Remover:-

and more markers on audio clips so that you can manipulate audio in more ways, not just quantize like you can now, see the following Logic Flex Time video. I particularly like the way the audio (as seen at 4mins into the vid) changes colour when the audio is compressed or expanded so you can visually see if it's been altered instantly:-

Anymore suggestions welcome,
Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information