Adjustments to create menu (Pick 2 options)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.

Better organized right click create menu (Pick 2)

REs and VSTs should be separate folders
18%
REs and VSTs together, but organized better
12%
Custom user create menu
47%
I don't give a $#!?, it's fine how it is
6%
"option+click" close all tabs in the graphical browser
18%
No "option+click" close all tabs in the graphical browser
No votes

Total votes: 17
Galaxy

05 Jun 2017

There are double folder drop down for RE/VST, its messy.

Some manufactures who have both RE and VST live in the same drop down for create device, but others have their VST in a different drop down. Example, iZotope has different folders, but Unfiltered Audio has just one. This gets messy quick. Having both a VST and RE of the same device can be confusing. I think custom folders would be nice, and I think the right click create menu should be organized like this.

Create,
...RE,
......Instruments
......Effects
......Utilities
...VST,
......Instruments
......Effects

A custom "frequently used" drop down with more slots would be nice too.

It would also be nice to have "option+click" close all tabs in the graphical browser for all the manufacturers of REs and VSTs, like we can do for devices in the rack. Makes for faster workflow when looking for a manufacturer.
Last edited by Galaxy on 05 Jun 2017, edited 2 times in total.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

05 Jun 2017

There was mention that the reason behind Izotope's double entry is due to 'Izotope Inc' and 'Izotope Inc.' being used for the company names. Even something as small as a full stop / period can cause this listing variation.

We believe that Props are aware, whether a fix or solution is being worked upon, not sure.

All for the custom / favourites / recently used list though, there is a 'frequent' list that gets amended when you right-click in the rack.

Galaxy

05 Jun 2017

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:There was mention that the reason behind Izotope's double entry is due to 'Izotope Inc' and 'Izotope Inc.' being used for the company names. Even something as small as a full stop / period can cause this listing variation.

We believe that Props are aware, whether a fix or solution is being worked upon, not sure.

All for the custom / favourites / recently used list though, there is a 'frequent' list that gets amended when you right-click in the rack.
Yeah that custom list is great, but it's a little short. Too long would be messy, so there's a balance I believe. It's annoying when it gets amended sometimes though. We might use a particular device a lot for any given reason, but it can push a go to device out of the list.

There's even issues where VST manufactures have different plugins under different variations of their company name.

• Information