key commands

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
bossa
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2017

My greatest wish is: Individual self-defined keyboard commands.

AttenuationHz

04 Jun 2017

It is really needed in reason having the ability to create your own shortcuts/custom controls especially now that vst windows are hidden in the rack. They are not hidden I know.

A typical scenario for use of custom commands would be if you have a meter plug-in or analyser on your master the only way to view the plug-in window currently is by opening it with the mouse or having it pinned constantly where it's in the way most of the time when not in use. You close it that's fair but because its a two step process to open the plug-in, the most ideal thing that should have been done was assignable hotkeys for at least 4 plug-in windows making use of F9 F10 F11 F12.

If the plug-in is in a mix channel and that mix channel is minimised then its a 3 step process getting to the plug-in. Where-as if you have a hotkey for it or a remote override function on the open plug-in button it would make workflow faster just pressing F9 or a button on your midi device.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

bossa
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2017

I know the Custom Mac Shortcuts very well. But that is not enough! I think about possibilities like Sibelius and Logic.

tobypearce

29 Jul 2017

Yes please.

The Mac custom keyboard settings get you half way there (not helpful for Windows users!). But there are some important shortcuts you can't get at - notably the ones in the tool window. Note Legato has been right at the top of my list for years.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information