Pop RE's and stock devices out of the Rack.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
CephaloPod

04 Jun 2017

So, VST's can pop out of the rack and can be resized based on the developer's wishes. Shouldn't we have this feature for all rack units, which would include REs and stock devices?

I've got to say, I've really been enjoying the large view that devices like Diva, Zebra 2, and a whole bunch of other devices allow. Makes programming a joy, and not an eye-taxing chore.

Seems like it's only a matter of time before this feature is added, I don't see how they Props can avoid it now that VSTs are included in the rack.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

AttenuationHz

04 Jun 2017

But shouldn't VST have the ability to be pinned into the rack!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

CephaloPod

04 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:But shouldn't VST have the ability to be pinned into the rack!
But they are pinned to the rack! They are just inside their little cages. You don't have to release them if you don't want them to be!
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

lakinlakin

04 Jun 2017

You are right. Resizeable synths are so much easier to work with.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2017

No, RE should stay in the rack however I think it's time the PH allow you hard daisy chain the RE together so you have more real estate to work with.

e.g. RE-Spire could be 4 times the size but what you see on screen is 4 full RE's if you delete one part you are removing the whole RE, of course it would be nice if you could place these 4 parts in the rack where you want, from the back have a master one with the I/O and then a big thick cable that you can't unlink to the others...

etyrnal

04 Jun 2017

Because working with the patch cables will be a pain in the butt.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

AttenuationHz

04 Jun 2017

CephaloPod wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote:But shouldn't VST have the ability to be pinned into the rack!
But they are pinned to the rack! They are just inside their little cages. You don't have to release them if you don't want them to be!
The window is pinned to the screen outside the rack. If you want RE and native devices to also have this ability it should be a two way street that you can pin VST INTO the rack. What you have pinned to the rack is not the VST window what I'm saying is when you open the VST pressing the open button the actual VST should be pinned to the rack not "caged".
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2017

etyrnal wrote:Because working with the patch cables will be a pain in the butt.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
There would not be any difference...

PoohBear

Recent Music
(Electronic) Into The Night - added 2nd May
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated

My Soundcloud Page

syrokitty

05 Jun 2017

No clue why the OP isn't asking for a zoomable rack before ^this.

Still a bit of a non-issue for me as I just [control + scroll] to zoom in if/ when desired.

• Information