Collapsing Mixer Channels

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Redster

25 May 2017

+1

Kalm

25 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:Do any other DAWs do this ?
Studio One and Pro Tools have collapsing and expanding faders
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

selig
RE Developer

25 May 2017

Kalm wrote:

I don't know about Studio One, but…
If by collapsing you mean HIDDEN (two different concepts, right?), then yes Pro Tools allows this. If by collapsing you mean "make smaller", then Pro Tools can only do this globally for ALL mixer channels (Narrow View).

IMO the simplest proposal made over the years is to allow all bussed channels feeding a specific bus to be hidden - yea, you have to bus channels first, and yea it's not going to cover every case, but it's a start and would help greatly.

Next, we need to be able to totally disable a channel AND hide it from view, to put it "on ice" for example so it won't use CPU while we're deciding whether it belongs in the mix or not (or to implement a sort of track 'freeze' function).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Kalm

25 May 2017

selig wrote:
Kalm wrote:

I don't know about Studio One, but…
If by collapsing you mean HIDDEN (two different concepts, right?), then yes Pro Tools allows this. If by collapsing you mean "make smaller", then Pro Tools can only do this globally for ALL mixer channels (Narrow View).

IMO the simplest proposal made over the years is to allow all bussed channels feeding a specific bus to be hidden - yea, you have to bus channels first, and yea it's not going to cover every case, but it's a start and would help greatly.

Next, we need to be able to totally disable a channel AND hide it from view, to put it "on ice" for example so it won't use CPU while we're deciding whether it belongs in the mix or not (or to implement a sort of track 'freeze' function).

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Studio One has the skinny faders setup which you can toggle back and forth like Pro Tools in the mix window. Though I never use it cause I hate the skinny fader look :|
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.33.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.33.32 AM.png (151.72 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.33.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 11.33.36 AM.png (150.71 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

selig
RE Developer

25 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:
selig wrote: I don't know about Studio One, but…
I would have thought that any confusion with my terminology would have been addressed by the attached png mock-up. Folded, collapsed, hidden, whatever you want to call it, the request was for a similar behavior to be implemented as occurs with the folding triangle in the sequencer and the rack (also expressed in the first post). You do know what I'm taking about, yes?
My bad, I seriously thought you meant track hiding, which is also something badly needed in Reason.
Sorry for the hijack, carry on!
Selig Audio, LLC

michael.jaye

25 May 2017

This is one of my major feature requests.

AttenuationHz

01 Jun 2017

Ableton do it too.

+1 on that!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

geremix

25 Aug 2017

selig wrote:
... all bussed channels feeding a specific bus to be hidden....

... totally disable a channel AND hide it from view...
+1

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• Information