Export to MP3

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
joeyluck

16 Sep 2017

I use mp3 when sending sketches and drafts to clients and directors. And during that time there is a lot of communication and many versions and quick changes I can make at their request.

So what do I do?

I export an AIFF then I open it in other software to convert it, then I have to go and delete the AIFF because I have no use for that file at that time. Then I send them the mp3 and they reply with notes. And then we do it again.

So yes it would be nice to be able to simply export a smaller audio file such as an mp3 for sharing and skip the extra steps.

I agree that most can't tell the difference between a high quality mp3 and a WAV/AIFF. But of course, when my project is complete, I export as an AIFF or WAV and keep and send that file.

Marco Raaphorst

17 Sep 2017

mp3 is not dying. It is the standard for podcasting.

ReasonUser

23 Sep 2017

Saying MP3 is dead is like saying DVD or even blu-ray (1080p) is dead. Just because there are newer/better formats does not defeat the standard format. If I want to send the compressed track to someone and want to be sure they have a way to play it, MP3 is the first choice. It's the current standard. Please implement!

wils

20 Dec 2017

MP3 Export AND Import

I have tons of mp3 files I would LOVE to just plonk straight into Grain, but I can't :(

Yeah there are programs out there that will happily convert from WAV to MP3 and back again, but that's a lot of d*cking about when all you want to do is look for a suitable sound.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2017

I don't know about you guys, but I always check my mix running through CrapRE just to see how my track will sound when I upload it on Soundcloud :D

Kidding aside, higher quality mp3s are fine imo but lower quality mp3s like the ones on Soundcloud are pretty horrible.

I've tried some blindtests between mp3s and wav files and I'll admit it was very hard to hear wich one was which many times. But when I've worked on my own track/mix and listened to it hundreds of times I can hear the difference between the wav file and the converted mp3, even if it's a 320 kpbs mp3 file. Because by then I've heard all the fine details with crystal clear sound soooo many times.

ProfessaKaos

20 Dec 2017

wils wrote:
20 Dec 2017
MP3 Export AND Import

I have tons of mp3 files I would LOVE to just plonk straight into Grain, but I can't :(

Yeah there are programs out there that will happily convert from WAV to MP3 and back again, but that's a lot of d*cking about when all you want to do is look for a suitable sound.
Umm I can just plonk any MP3 I want into Grain with my version of Reason 10. It doesn't work for you?
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

wils

20 Dec 2017

ProfessaKaos wrote:
20 Dec 2017
wils wrote:
20 Dec 2017
MP3 Export AND Import

Umm I can just plonk any MP3 I want into Grain with my version of Reason 10. It doesn't work for you?
I've only had it a few days :P

I'm sure when I tried it a couple of days ago it didn't let me. Must've been a software upgrade since :x

Anyway MP3 import/export is still a must!

ProfessaKaos

20 Dec 2017

wils wrote:
20 Dec 2017
ProfessaKaos wrote:
20 Dec 2017

I've only had it a few days :P

I'm sure when I tried it a couple of days ago it didn't let me. Must've been a software upgrade since :x

Anyway MP3 import/export is still a must!
Haha give it a try and let us know if it works.
MP3 Import is already there too.

Yeah MP3 Export would be much appreciated.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

TheGodOfRainbows

23 Dec 2017

joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2017
So yes it would be nice to be able to simply export a smaller audio file such as an mp3 for sharing and skip the extra steps.
I agree that most can't tell the difference between a high quality mp3 and a WAV/AIFF. But of course, when my project is complete, I export as an AIFF or WAV and keep and send that file.
What do you use for converting? I've been using dbPoweramp for years, so it's all I know, but I like it. It also converts to .m4a, which when used at highest bitrate, to me is indistinguishable from the WAV.

joeyluck

24 Dec 2017

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
23 Dec 2017
joeyluck wrote:
16 Sep 2017
What do you use for converting? I've been using dbPoweramp for years, so it's all I know, but I like it. It also converts to .m4a, which when used at highest bitrate, to me is indistinguishable from the WAV.
I use Max for macOS

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2017

joeyluck wrote:
24 Dec 2017
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
23 Dec 2017

I use Max for macOS
On PC I use Audacity....

• Information