Features I still want for Kong

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
mreese80

12 Apr 2017

1. Real time audio slicing. (This can be done in the edit sample screen, kong's pads & in the sequencer.)
2. Note Repeat
3.16 level tuning & 16 level velocity modes.
4. Built in Effects update. (Kuassa eq like filter modes)
5. Color themes for kong. Would like to be to change the colors of the pads also.
6. Bank groups for Kong. (At last 4)
7. Swing modes (User, classic mpc, & sp-1200) This can be done from Kong instead of regroove mixer. Workflow enhancement

These aré features i would like to have for my own personal workflow but i think others would like these or some as well.
Last edited by mreese80 on 12 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Oquasec

12 Apr 2017

Number 5 is a great idea for those pads. [neon blue seizures everybody make it happen fr]
They should just get rid of recycle already and embed it into the sampler modules even further to allow regionsssssss for each paddddddd
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mreese80

12 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:Number 5 is a great idea for those pads. [neon blue seizures everybody make it happen fr]
They should just get rid of recycle already and embed it into the sampler modules even further to allow regionsssssss for each paddddddd
I agree with you about getting rid of recycle but some people still use it. I still think they could update it one more time and add real time audio slicing, región slicing, and threshold slicing. Akai mpc software does this flawlessy. Audio editing is long over due in Reason & is need of a major update.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

QVprod

12 Apr 2017

#7 would require Kong to have a sequencer of it's own.

Oquasec

12 Apr 2017

Every device can use the piano roll, but kong could do with it's own that had a "wait for midi" toggle.
Since reason allows you to route anything to the transport bar, you don't have this option.
Producer/Programmer.

mreese80

13 Apr 2017

QVprod wrote:#7 would require Kong to have a sequencer of it's own.
Well, how about selecting the swing % from the kong. This would bypass you having to hit the regroove mixer in the sequencer. It could be a shortcut. the regroove mixer would be open in the sequencer or it could be hidden. If it's hidden, when you click regroove all of the settings would be visible like normal. Maybe i should have said it this way. Hope you get what i'm trying to say.

househoppin09

13 Apr 2017

Oquasec wrote:Every device can use the piano roll, but kong could do with it's own that had a "wait for midi" toggle.
Since reason allows you to route anything to the transport bar, you don't have this option.
Sorry if this is a derail, but what do you mean by "reason allows you to route anything to the transport bar"?

Oquasec

13 Apr 2017

You can route midi devices to the transport bar directly.
Producer/Programmer.

househoppin09

13 Apr 2017

By "midi devices", you mean actual physical controllers, right? There's not any way to route Reason rack devices to the transport bar, is there? (Other than by using the EMI and so forth, I suppose...)

Oquasec

13 Apr 2017

You can route midi devices to transport bars in all daws that do not have wait for midi in them.
as in a footpedal or mididevice period. all midi. all midi.
Producer/Programmer.

househoppin09

13 Apr 2017

Right, but in order to do so in Reason, you have to route the MIDI signal out of Reason itself and then back in, right? If there's a way to do it without routing the MIDI out of Reason and then back in, I'd love to know what that would be... :)

Oquasec

13 Apr 2017

Dude, you right click.
Producer/Programmer.

househoppin09

13 Apr 2017

I know how to route a knob or control on an actual, physical MIDI device to the Reason transport bar. What I thought you might be suggesting was that you can route the virtual knobs on Reason's rack devices directly to the Reason transport bar, without first sending them out of Reason via the EMI or something. That would be really cool, but I don't think you can do that. Can you? If so, can you describe how in a little more detail than just "right click"?

MusicianX

14 Apr 2017

2 and 3 would make me a happy camper. Im really surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

mreese80

16 Apr 2017

MusicianX wrote:2 and 3 would make me a happy camper. Im really surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.
I made a noté repeat patch. It works fine but this feature should be built into the kong. The only problem is it's one long midi note. I wish it was individual notes.

MusicianX

16 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:
MusicianX wrote:2 and 3 would make me a happy camper. Im really surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.
I made a noté repeat patch. It works fine but this feature should be built into the kong. The only problem is it's one long midi note. I wish it was individual notes.
Do you mind explaining how you set it up or sharing the patch?

QVprod

16 Apr 2017

MusicianX wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
RPG8 into the gate in of a Kong pad.

QVprod

16 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:
Well, how about selecting the swing % from the kong. This would bypass you having to hit the regroove mixer in the sequencer. It could be a shortcut. the regroove mixer would be open in the sequencer or it could be hidden. If it's hidden, when you click regroove all of the settings would be visible like normal. Maybe i should have said it this way. Hope you get what i'm trying to say.
So basically just a shortcut to the regroove mixer embedded in Kong.

mreese80

16 Apr 2017

QVprod wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
So basically just a shortcut to the regroove mixer embedded in Kong.
Yea. That would work fine as long as we can choose the amount of swing 50-75% from the kong.

mreese80

16 Apr 2017

QVprod wrote:
MusicianX wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
RPG8 into the gate in of a Kong pad.
Yep. Same way with the redrum.

kuhliloach

16 Apr 2017

It would be nice to be able to right click a Kong pad and be able to assign the MIDI note the pad receives on. Or, a MIDI learn where I can tap any note on any controller to assign it as the trigger for any Kong pad.

mreese80

16 Apr 2017

kuhliloach wrote:It would be nice to be able to right click a Kong pad and be able to assign the MIDI note the pad receives on. Or, a MIDI learn where I can tap any note on any controller to assign it as the trigger for any Kong pad.
agree

Oquasec

16 Apr 2017

Yep. as it stand you need to use some stuff like a midimapper to assign custom pad CC to kong for whatever reason it be
Producer/Programmer.

mreese80

17 Apr 2017

MusicianX wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRfMltWDqgy ... wNwt90Gs0/

• Information