Split Rack, 2 Big Meters, Oscilloscope, custom Skins

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Nocturn789

28 Jan 2017

:reason: The ability to split the Rack. Or at least Row Separated Scrolling.
:reason: The ability to show a second or more Big Meters under the Hardware Device.

I'd like to see these features so I could use a Rack on my left screen for Main Mixer's Send Effects and Monitoring/Mastering Devices (which fit on the screen when the Devices I only need rarely are folded), and a Rack for Instrument and Mixing Devices. I don't want to scoll up and down all the time.
And I'd love to see two Big Meters with different Meter Modes.

:re: an Oscilloscope Rack Extension.

YES, I know Lectric Panda's "Skope" and The Chronologists' "Scope Junior" (which is the most unnecessary RA ever), but these aren't fast enough. It would be useful as f*ck to see how youre wave is forming when you're playing with FM or thing like that (generaly when creating sounds). So it should be fast enough to show the incoming signal's wave forming, but not moving and stretching. And for that of course with the option to catch the frequency automatically ;) Or at least with a "Note"-CV Input so it would adjust the frequency to the the playing Instrument anyway.

:reason: custom Skins ;P

Like a transparent black/white template .png-File of the Transport Panel you could use to add individual stuff like useful information, your artist emblem etc.
For the colours a .txt-File with HEX colour entries for "background","sombols" and stuff like that would do it.

What do you guys think would be nice features?
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2017

With regards to splitting the rack I have already posted that here :) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7498640

Loque

29 Jan 2017

Splittin the rack is required, because you cannot maximize a window over both screens? Not sure, why you want this. You are aware, that you can have multiple racks and also move the whole rack?

To metering, there are lots of meters available, but i agree, that the performance is poor. I couls have opened all those meterings 20 years back on a 7Mhz machine, including FFT. Ok, FFT was probably sin-table based and written in assembler,but its weird that it cannot be displayed probably on a machine that is more than 1000 times faster (each CPU core)...

I think the Junior Scope was written, than the SDK didnt allowed custom displays, but not sure about this.
Reason12, Win10

Nocturn789

06 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:Splittin the rack is required, because you cannot maximize a window over both screens? Not sure, why you want this. You are aware, that you can have multiple racks and also move the whole rack?

To metering, there are lots of meters available, but i agree, that the performance is poor. I couls have opened all those meterings 20 years back on a 7Mhz machine, including FFT. Ok, FFT was probably sin-table based and written in assembler,but its weird that it cannot be displayed probably on a machine that is more than 1000 times faster (each CPU core)...

I think the Junior Scope was written, than the SDK didnt allowed custom displays, but not sure about this.
I have two Screens. I'd love to see one rack on my main screen with Instruments and Mix-Channel Devices and one rack on my second screen with Mastering and Metering Devices.

Multiple Big Meters are just a nice to have. Keep calm

Yes the Junior Scope may come before the big SDK update. But now it's really useless
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Creativemind

07 Apr 2017

Maybe a vectorscope / ganometer available for the main mixer too for stereo to mono compatibility and is it phase correlation too?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information