Reason for musicians and composers

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
kuhliloach

09 Aug 2016

Here is a short list of feature requests I feel would make Reason more accessible and desirable to those musicians and composers out there (not just engineers and producers!)

1. traditional notation - something that seamlessly handles sheet music translation from Reason projects is nothing simple but would be very welcome, as well as the ability to compose on traditional staffs with traditional notes and symbols

2. tabs - guitar tabs have become a standard yet proper guitar tab integration is rarely seen in software

3. realistic built in drums - A-List drums have their place in the world but personally I could do without all the built-in rhythms in exchange for vastly increased sample libraries with features to compete with the likes of ToonTrack. Yes, there are drummers who use Reason, who know how to, yes, drum. I'd love Reason to have even just one finished "default" drum kit with cutting edge features. Even just one. For now it feels like a hunt to find the right drums without the existence of more clear standards.

4. more collapsible and skinnable - it would be nice to be able to have greater control over what is completely hidden from view, and how the UI looks with more professional and customizable color schemes

• Information