New Redrum Design

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
stratatonic

26 Dec 2016

qoreybeats wrote:I'm not tryna make old man beats, FL got the wave for the youth ...
Old man beats...lol!

tobypearce

09 Jul 2017

Perfect.
Creativemind wrote:
01 Aug 2016
I don't think it needs redesigning as such, just needs an arrow to click for a drop down at the bottom (like you can with Kong and Dr.Octo.Rex) which opens up the Redrum. Then you could have the ability to see all 10 drums stacked above each other. Also the ability (although it would be very long) to see all 64 drum steps at once if need be.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Oquasec

09 Jul 2017

Nothing wrong with fl studio but the way it handled it's sequencer had a niggle.
Having to uncheck the loop points on the mini nn19s was pretty cumbersome, and the piano roll was it's own separate pattern thing and not apart of the main timeline by default.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

ltbrunt00

10 Jul 2017

Would be nice if the props would make a alternate new GUI design for the older(Classic) devices. Giving you the ability to toggle between the old look and new look. People like new and shiny things, there would probably be a lot of people that would go" Wow Redrum shure looks nice I will start using it again".....just saying.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

OverneathTheSkyBridg

02 Aug 2017

System 9 is a great sequencer for Redrum and Kong

etyrnal

02 Aug 2017

What you are indirectly asking for, is for Propellerhead to make millions of musicians old saved songs be forever no longer open-able.

Have a song that You wrote 10 years ago? Want to re-produce it? Update it? Refresh it? Remix it? Pull stems out?

Too bad. Some person insisted that propellerhead change the device because they didn't want to just practice expanding their skill-set and learning new creative ways to produce.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Steedus
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2017

I like the simple design of stock Redrum, but one thing I wish it had is a 'mono' switch to force a stereo sample to mono.

tobypearce

05 Aug 2017

etyrnal wrote:
02 Aug 2017
What you are indirectly asking for, is for Propellerhead to make millions of musicians old saved songs be forever no longer open-able.

Have a song that You wrote 10 years ago? Want to re-produce it? Update it? Refresh it? Remix it? Pull stems out?

Too bad. Some person insisted that propellerhead change the device because they didn't want to just practice expanding their skill-set and learning new creative ways to produce.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I can understand the concern. I have tracks that I still open from 10 years ago and like you I'd be cross if I could no longer open them.

But PH are not Apple: they know how to update things without breaking compatibility with previous versions. They've been doing it for 15 years. I remember Rebirth 2 had a much improved engine, but they retained a 'legacy' setting, which is what it opened in by default if opening from a previous track. Parsec is another more recent example. RV7000 MkII is another.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information