on-screen keys: please add pitch bend and mod control

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
joeyluck

25 Jul 2016

Often when I am away from home, I am using the on-screen keys. And now with the introduction of the Players, I find it even more inviting to do so. However, unlike the on-screen keys of Garageband, it still lacks pitch bend and mod control.

Here is what Garageband's keys looks like:

Quite similar in layout, except they assign 1-2 for pitch bend and 3-8 for mod level.
z & x are also assigned for octave switching, whereas c & v are assigned to control velocity level up and down (instead of pressing a number 1-0). I think this arrangement would be great as it's pretty optimal, but would be happy if it were added anywhere. There's plenty of keys available to be assigned. And if the user still has control over editing the on-screen keys via Advanced Settings, that would help with that.

This small addition would be a big improvement for playability from a QWERTY keyboard.

Additionally, if you could add a pitch bend speed, that would one-up them.

Thanks! :puf_smile:

tiker01

26 Jul 2016

While we are at it I would like to be able to hide the keyboard while it is still functional!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

ilikestargazing
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2016

Very much agree on all points! :) I use the on-screen keyboard every now and then for just playing around with ideas or simple testing. I've tried combining it with some remote override stuff and get a bit more life out of it, but still feels short. (pun intended)
It would be great to be able to adjust the pitch bend time, too. An attack/release time, I suppose. For example 200ms, 250ms, 300ms etc from 0 to max/min and back.

joeyluck

11 Apr 2017

I'm still really missing these these features on the on-screen keys. Playing the on-screen keys (or as they call it, 'musical typing') is a better experience in Garageband/Logic Pro. Having the simple ability to do pitch pend and modulation is very helpful.

RandomSkratch

11 Apr 2017

tiker01 wrote:While we are at it I would like to be able to hide the keyboard while it is still functional!
I know it's essential to be showing so it overrides the regular hotkeys so maybe adding a toggle button to the transport that indicates KB Play on/off (like the metronome or quantize)?

• Information