REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
stratatonic

14 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:I tell you a genius feature I discovered about a year ago that's only just come back to me, totally forgotten about this. I can't remember what daw this is now, think it's FL Studio but might be Logic. Say you have a chord sequence recorded and a bass line, then you open another synth on a midi track and you practice a lead melody say over the top. After a few attempts you come up with a bangin' lead melody. Well, you say to yourself, I'll record that. Well the melody you record wasn't anywhere near as good as the one you did in practice. Think it's FL Studio, the one you did in practice is saved in memory and you can recall it or transfer it to midi notes. Might work for audio as well not sure.

Does anyone know what daw this is and what the features called? genius feature that.
Logic Pro X - Capture Recording

Creativemind

14 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:
Creativemind wrote:I tell you a genius feature I discovered about a year ago that's only just come back to me, totally forgotten about this. I can't remember what daw this is now, think it's FL Studio but might be Logic. Say you have a chord sequence recorded and a bass line, then you open another synth on a midi track and you practice a lead melody say over the top. After a few attempts you come up with a bangin' lead melody. Well, you say to yourself, I'll record that. Well the melody you record wasn't anywhere near as good as the one you did in practice. Think it's FL Studio, the one you did in practice is saved in memory and you can recall it or transfer it to midi notes. Might work for audio as well not sure.

Does anyone know what daw this is and what the features called? genius feature that.
Yeah it was FL Studio now it's come back to me. Another previous poster answered, it's called "Dump to Midi". Excellent idea.

So why is this called Capture Recording in Logic, you haven't recorded anything so to speak?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

afro beatz

15 May 2017

;) :reason: hola bolova so guys i got this idea inspired by the SOUND HOUND app it allows you to hum the (rhythm,melody,acapella and etc.) of the song you looking for and find it;its like SHAZAM on another level.

Now if REASON 10 can feature a plugin that enables us to record a person humming a bassline or any sound on the mic or pc mic then after recording it will diaplay a wav sample and then adjacent to it will show a pattern/programmed notes on the piano roll of the humming that was converted from the sample to notes on the piano roll.one can also have an option to convert it again to chords. and simply replace the hum pattern/programmed notes in the piano roll with any desirable sounds like; pad,lead,synth,piano,bass and etc.

that way it will be much easier for creative minds hum in their beautiful ideas immediately turn them automatically into notes before forgeting the notes they were gonna play.

Case56

15 May 2017

I'd really like to see some improvements made for the external midi device machine. In particular the ability to load user configurable cc names for external hardware. Perhaps in simple text, Json or XML file. And maybe allow custom skins for the midi device too. I'm sick of having to lookup or remember the cc numbers for my gear during automation programming. This can't be hard to implement and I fell it would boot productivity significantly. :-)

keys

16 May 2017

stratatonic wrote:

YES YES, Capture LAST Recording.

Creativemind

16 May 2017

afro beatz wrote:;) :reason: hola bolova so guys i got this idea inspired by the SOUND HOUND app it allows you to hum the (rhythm,melody,acapella and etc.) of the song you looking for and find it;its like SHAZAM on another level.

Now if REASON 10 can feature a plugin that enables us to record a person humming a bassline or any sound on the mic or pc mic then after recording it will diaplay a wav sample and then adjacent to it will show a pattern/programmed notes on the piano roll of the humming that was converted from the sample to notes on the piano roll.one can also have an option to convert it again to chords. and simply replace the hum pattern/programmed notes in the piano roll with any desirable sounds like; pad,lead,synth,piano,bass and etc.

that way it will be much easier for creative minds hum in their beautiful ideas immediately turn them automatically into notes before forgeting the notes they were gonna play.
We already have this, "Audio to Midi" which was introduced in Reason 9. Only in monophonic mind (1 note recognition at a time, so can't detect chords). Polyphonic material would be great.

Soundhound and Shazam aren't the same thing, they are apps that yeah ok recognises what you hum but it tells you what song it's similar to or the same as.

devilfish

17 May 2017

SSL Comp RE !!!

Oquasec

17 May 2017

We already have like 3 versions of recycle in reason already but they gotta find a way to put the actual one on the octo rex or it's own module.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

tiker01

17 May 2017

keys wrote:
stratatonic wrote:

YES YES, Capture LAST Recording.

Actually I have just heard about this a week ago then I wished if Reason had this two days ago. In addition MIDI recording in Loop mode should be addressed as well ala Takes IMHO.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

raymondh

17 May 2017

Step-entry of notes on the piano roll, using the MIDI keyboard.

Step-editing of notes on the piano roll, using the MIDI keyboard (eg select existing note, hit a key and it changes to the new note)

Combinator 2 (as widely requested already) with more controls.

More than one control change knob for the External Midi Instrument.

Native support for M-Audio Code 61 controller

CaptainBlack

19 May 2017

- More Insert slots - I know you can create combinators, but with these new VSTs, I like to load up serial devices, then chop and change - i.e EQ, compression, effect, etc.
- Similarly more send, master slots
- Make the search for data a bit more user-friendly. If I load a song and have moved some of the content it needs, it seems to tediously have to scan my computer to find it again - even if I point to where it is.

aeox
Competition Winner

19 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:
afro beatz wrote:;) :reason: hola bolova so guys i got this idea inspired by the SOUND HOUND app it allows you to hum the (rhythm,melody,acapella and etc.) of the song you looking for and find it;its like SHAZAM on another level.

We already have this, "Audio to Midi" which was introduced in Reason 9. Only in monophonic mind (1 note recognition at a time, so can't detect chords). Polyphonic material would be great.

Soundhound and Shazam aren't the same thing, they are apps that yeah ok recognises what you hum but it tells you what song it's similar to or the same as.

there is only one person in the world (that i know of) that can hum chords anyway, and it's only 2 note chords.

selig
RE Developer

19 May 2017

esselfortium wrote:

This is brilliant. I can't remember how many times I've wanted to be able to do that after playing around randomly on the keyboard with Reason open, coming up with something I loved, and then not being able to remember how it went.
+ ∞ !

That's a feature that's been around for so long, it's a wonder it's not better adopted. There was even an Ensoniq keyboard from over 10 years ago that had this useful feature.

It's just a 'classic' experience to play the part better when you don't think you're recording, and almost EVERYONE has experienced this! Seems a no-brainer to add it to all software, and it's been requested many times in the past for Reason - hopefully they're listening this time around!!!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

ccooper816

21 May 2017

Track Folders
Better Zooming

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:Here's one t....

I want to be able to lock the focus of the browser. n the browser to load it BUT NO THE ORANGE GLOW HAS GONE AND NOW THERE IS ANOTHER SYNTH AND MIX CHANNEL WITH THAT PATCH! UNDO!

This gets me all the time. Even now my muscle memory is only starting to have the fear of clicking on another device wired in. I'm getting trained like .
I hate it, We need a non intelligent browser, or just one with a curtain and two separate section, it drives me mad, I also sometime have this fear I don't know what I'm clicking that the window shall go away, or autofocus, just give us a new preference set, please.... where we can unthick this messy AI...

Before the SSL mixer upgrade, it would be cool if we could link two or multiple faders volumes together, on two channels, or all of them, and have a volume cv on the back of the mix channel, as well as pan. That would be great for automation.

For linking the volumes faders, I mean hard link, So when you move one level up, also the other moves up (especially useful for the parallel channels).

Or when you see those duck tapes wrapping the Left and Right channel of a dirty alanlog mixer in a bar with written on top DON'T MOVE ME...

xbitz

21 May 2017

"link two or multiple faders volumes together"
why would be better than the bus one
?

bus lane > http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/pro ... d-reason-7
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

EdGrip

21 May 2017

The problem with busses is where you're already bussed. So, say you've got all your non-kick drums on a bus. You decide you'd like to raise the volume of all but one - ideally, you'd just Ctrl-click all the faders and drag them up a bit. Instead you have to raise the volume of the whole drum bus and then mess around fixing the volume of the one channel whose volume you were happy with in the first place. Etc.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

Copy , paste and randomize (same way as the PSQ 1684 does) settings in the Combinator new Matrix panel

Could the combinator 2 come out from Lectric Panda I would instabuy it! Is that possible?? :puf_bigsmile:
337182.gif~c200.gif
337182.gif~c200.gif (66.79 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
Last edited by Re8et on 21 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 May 2017

xbitz wrote:"link two or multiple faders volumes together"
?

You are pretty right, I think I saw it in Reaper, but I don't know why it would be better than bus one higher. Resources maybe one answer?

The other answer Edgrip got it right.

Creativemind

21 May 2017

xbitz wrote:"link two or multiple faders volumes together"
?

No the poster was talking about Ganged Faders, not Grouping of Channels. Isn't Grouping of Channels mainly for send effects or for grouping drums and turning the volume up for the whole kit? For me, I mean it....

1) Makes your mixer look untidy and unprofessional 'cause there would be grouped channels and red faders everywhere.....and

2) Bussing is grouping, so sending all of the channels audio to another channel and thus when you raise or lower volume, you are raising or lowering volume of the combined audio together, not adjusting the volume of individual faders at once.

Ganged faders wouldn't be hard to implement surely. I've needed it many many times. Most daw's do this.

xbitz

21 May 2017

ok, u win :D bought it https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/selig-gain/ as an additionally adjustment layer...
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

cleamon

24 May 2017

It would be extremely helpful if when loading/importing a midi file, if the midi volume (cc7) and pan(cc10) were converted to track automation. Those are not all that "alien". Right now, I have to create the lanes (2) for track automation, find and then drag-n-drop the midi lanes and scale them. That's not all that hard, but when there are a lot of tracks it's very time consuming.

scratchnsnifff

25 May 2017

Vocoder update so it has some of the functions like image lines vocodex, Thor with malstrom wavetables and other more modern features (new filters and maybe a multiband shaper?)

Some sequencer automation curves

And last and most important (to myself)

Combinator with more rotaries, extra assignable slots, and the ability to read in different values hertz, synced LFO rates 1/4 1/8 etc

And a more customizable theme option

Hope at least for the combinator and Thor mumbo jumbo
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

25 May 2017

Yall can seriously punch my ass in the face for saying this but I think propellerhead should focus exclusively on vst 2/3 support and workflow enhancements while the rack extension guys focus on making the specialized modules for reason.

With the exceptions being a combinator 3 or the ability to right click and add knobs that way without using cv/gate connections.
Another exception is adding onto the modules they have already since project files in 9 don't work in 8.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jmusic

27 May 2017

Would like to see a feature, I don't know if its in Reason already.. When playing keyboard when coming up which Ideas, chords, riffs, have a "buffered" recording feature that records only when MIDI is detected. Have Reason record anonymously or automatically. So when idea has come to mind, its already recorded.

• Information