REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Re8et
Competition Winner

03 May 2017

:cool: Straight patching of TE OP-1 within reason. Full control. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

KonBrio

03 May 2017

1.) UPGRADE THE SSL MIXER - Do a partnership with UAudio and upgrade the SSL Emulation. Also, add the option to switch between mixers (API, NEVE, SSL, Harrision).

2.) GAIN REDUCTION METER NEXT TO FADER - and maybe a smaller fader to adjust it.

3.) GIVE REASON ALL OF THE AUDIO EDITING CAPABILITIES OF EVERY OTHER DAW - and the ability to edit audio or midi while the song is playing. Also add a shortcut key to slice audio clips at the play marker while paused or playing.

4.) UPGRADE NN-XT - Drag and drop samples from anywhere in or out of Reason.

5.) COMBINATOR 2 - nuff said.

6.) PRE AND POST FADER SWITCH ON EACH MIXER CHANNEL.

7.) EXPORT ANY AUDIO FILE EXTENSION - or at least add MP3.

8.) BEZIER CURVES FOR AUTOMATION

9.) AUTOMATION DRAWING TOOLS - "Square, Saw, Sine, Ramp, etc.

10.) METADATA

ljekio

03 May 2017

My 4 cents from a neighboring topic:

1. internal midi routing (midi sends from sequencer tracks, direct midi record from instruments, vsti and cv)
2. smooth and non-discrete midi cc out by EMI (now it looks like ladders with time quantization)
3. finally midi record in loop mode with alt takes like audio record.
4. preview midi files in browser

After adding of VST support I wait only more userfriendly midi workflow.

Creativemind

03 May 2017

I tell you a genius feature I discovered about a year ago that's only just come back to me, totally forgotten about this. I can't remember what daw this is now, think it's FL Studio but might be Logic. Say you have a chord sequence recorded and a bass line, then you open another synth on a midi track and you practice a lead melody say over the top. After a few attempts you come up with a bangin' lead melody. Well, you say to yourself, I'll record that. Well the melody you record wasn't anywhere near as good as the one you did in practice. Think it's FL Studio, the one you did in practice is saved in memory and you can recall it or transfer it to midi notes. Might work for audio as well not sure.

Does anyone know what daw this is and what the features called? genius feature that.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ljekio

03 May 2017

I guess that "retrospective record" function in Cubase.

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 May 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Numerical value entry.

MIDI note chase (notes play even if the song cursor is halfway through an event.

Pretty much all I can think of!
Midi note chase would be awesome.

A REd Skin for the Subtractor?

esselfortium

03 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:I tell you a genius feature I discovered about a year ago that's only just come back to me, totally forgotten about this. I can't remember what daw this is now, think it's FL Studio but might be Logic. Say you have a chord sequence recorded and a bass line, then you open another synth on a midi track and you practice a lead melody say over the top. After a few attempts you come up with a bangin' lead melody. Well, you say to yourself, I'll record that. Well the melody you record wasn't anywhere near as good as the one you did in practice. Think it's FL Studio, the one you did in practice is saved in memory and you can recall it or transfer it to midi notes. Might work for audio as well not sure.

Does anyone know what daw this is and what the features called? genius feature that.
This is brilliant. I can't remember how many times I've wanted to be able to do that after playing around randomly on the keyboard with Reason open, coming up with something I loved, and then not being able to remember how it went.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Creativemind

03 May 2017

esselfortium wrote:
Creativemind wrote:I tell you a genius feature I discovered about a year ago that's only just come back to me, totally forgotten about this. I can't remember what daw this is now, think it's FL Studio but might be Logic. Say you have a chord sequence recorded and a bass line, then you open another synth on a midi track and you practice a lead melody say over the top. After a few attempts you come up with a bangin' lead melody. Well, you say to yourself, I'll record that. Well the melody you record wasn't anywhere near as good as the one you did in practice. Think it's FL Studio, the one you did in practice is saved in memory and you can recall it or transfer it to midi notes. Might work for audio as well not sure.

This is brilliant. I can't remember how many times I've wanted to be able to do that after playing around randomly on the keyboard with Reason open, coming up with something I loved, and then not being able to remember how it went.
I know...I couldn't believe it. I was mind blown. Yeah that's happened to me a few times.

KonBrio

04 May 2017

Fl Studio - Dump to Piano Roll

Karim
Competition Winner

04 May 2017

anilnc wrote:THANK YOU PROPELLERHEADS...

You made it.. You have got my heart..

Thanks for listening and bring VST support and free upgrade too...
[emoji106]: [emoji106]: [emoji106]: [emoji106]: [emoji14] [emoji14] :D :D

Way to go... I think it is a big leap and will won many customers/music producers.
it needs just 3-4 days since your previous request! Nice [emoji12]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

04 May 2017

I repeat what I wrote in another post (so excuse me in advance for that):

- Fades Audio tracks with customizable bezier curves
- VCA Mixer
- brand new mixer with 16 switchable aux
- Multiple track selection ( on SSL Mixer channels)
- Function to handle optionally to keep audio tracks in the same file or externally ( when saving song file containing audio)
- Keep the same cut point of the audio track (In R9.2 currently varies depending on whether the file is stretched or not)
- "Dr W-Rex”. New updated device that now can slice Wav, Aiff and other uncompressed format of your choice
- Ability to resume an audio track erased from some bin (like the Cubase media pool manager)
- Sync audio with sequencer tempo perfectly and fit in grid ( like Ableton Live)
- Pitch Edit updated (Now with Polyphonic recognition)
- SSL Compressor detachable (as Rack Extension) with some new choices.
- Non-destructive Stretching
- Thor 2.0 with waveform import capabilities and other new functions of your choice.
- Combinator Mk2 (ex. with mini-sequencer inside)
- A New Player Device
- Advanced block (blocks inside blocks)
- Ghost track (Like Cubase or S1)
- Alternative version songs(Like S1)
- VST support updated (if needed)
- Freeze track
- Regroove mixer influences also to audio
- Sequencer update (Editing more bars at the same time with transparency notes) and other improvement of your choice
- Editable labels indistinctly from the device or from the channel for perfect naming match
- Order channels with the same position of the rack ( optional in Preferences)
- Subtractor 2 , now stereo with 2 more oscillator and effect section of your choice
- X-comp (As half-rack device)
- OTT Compressor as half rack device ( Like Steve Duda one or famous Ableton live preset)
- Rebirth 2.0 free RE
- New revisited Mastering Suite with a Multiband built-in compressor
- New Limiter
- New spectrum analyzer with Lufs and Rms loudness measurement
- SSL Eq now has Mid/Side
- Video Support
- Clip Launching
- Improved Zoom
- Mp3, Flac, Ogg, m4a Export
- Undo list history

Thanks for your kind attention

FOLLOW Karim Le Mec

stephensmattlee

05 May 2017

For me it would have to be the ability to zoom more than the current amount on an audio file for ultra fine audio slicing,
ability to draw the waveform to remove pops/clicks,
tab to transient for audio,
video support,
an equivalent of pro tools beat detective to be able to quantise multiple audio tracks at a time (i.e. Drum recording multi tracks),
more coherent and updated look and support for higher resolution screens,
ability to switch between different console emulations from the main mixer other than just the ssl emulation,
updated and more powerful sampler device,
updates to the old legacy devices with more features (subtraktor, malstrom and thor)

There are more, but any of the above would blow my mind [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creativemind

05 May 2017

Chizmata wrote:Change the whole focus away from accessibility towards refining what exists.
This is exactly how I feel, you summed it up nicely. Instead of adding anything new (device-wise) or video support or anything like that, the Props need to just improve the things that exist and add some features (I know I keep saying it) but workflow stuff and some audio stuff, especially bounce to mono in the bounce section, export / import audio in mono, audiowarp, tempo detect and fit to tempo for audio, crossfading audio in the sequencer and more fade out curves and punch in/out.

Oquasec

05 May 2017

A color painting tool for midi notes.
Snap to events.
Macros.
Transport bar Rack device.
More themes. [Line contrast options to make the lines brighter or darker and change their color]

So far having a blast, and expanse is one of the freshest synth ideas I've had the pleasure of using since Parsec and omnisphere.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

anilnc

07 May 2017

Karim wrote: it needs just 3-4 days since your previous request! Nice [emoji12]
I didn't mean my requests made PH to upgrade. ;)

But it hold me many years in trying Reason and was guessing an upgrade is on its way according to the history of new upgrade releases. :thumbs_up:
Anil Nallan Chakravarthy
Music Producer | Composer

http://www.anilnc.com https://www.facebook.com/anil.nallanchakravarthy https://soundcloud.com/anilnc
:adapted: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :reason: RME UCX, Win7, Cubase, Nektar P4, iOS apps, VSTs

Karim
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

anilnc wrote:
Karim wrote: it needs just 3-4 days since your previous request! Nice [emoji12]
I didn't mean my requests made PH to upgrade. ;)

But it hold me many years in trying Reason and was guessing an upgrade is on its way according to the history of new upgrade releases. [emoji106]:
many many years here too. Almost 17 !!

FOLLOW Karim Le Mec

siln

07 May 2017

this has been mentionned but : a new window with loops system like in ableton (just copy their shit ;) )

friday

07 May 2017

KonBrio wrote:1.) UPGRADE THE SSL MIXER - Do a partnership with UAudio and upgrade the SSL Emulation. Also, add the option to switch between mixers (API, NEVE, SSL, Harrision).
My idea was to do that with softube (console 1) also with the hardware integrated! They are both located in sweden, can go to the other office for meetings :D

ninjasong

09 May 2017

Add device by search string, like ALFRED or SPOTLIGHT on osx.

I find my main workflow hurdle is finding the device i want. I know what it's called, but sorting by manufacturer is weird to me. Using the BROWSE panel is not the best in high-res situations either.

Would love to press a hotkey, type "spider", and then be able to drop it into my rack.

Jagwah

11 May 2017

When you drag a clip right next to another clip they snap together, this will be super useful when we have VIDEO SUPPORT!! : D

syrokitty

12 May 2017

1. Opportunities to modulate clock, so we can implement nifty things such as freezes, etc. (sure you can press and hold the space bar, and then let go, but I want to control clock with cv.. -droops head-)

2. All devices come with a dice button that randomizes the patch that you can trigger with a gate. Also, give us a variable glide (or lag) knob that adjusts the time it takes to lock to the next randomized params. Also a depth/ percentage of randomization control for greater control would be nice. (Additional thoughts: As Nektar's enabled their Panorama line to support the randomization of params for each page of its menu, perhaps you could similarly (for even greater control), have a light or icon for the user to click on to enable (or disable) multiple sections of whichever device to respond to a global call for randomization.)

3. I know Magnus is a busy bee, but we're in dire need of a Malstrom update that allows us to load our own samples into it.

4. It would be nice to either have an option to minimize all of Thor save for the step sequencer or to just have a separate Thor sequencer altogether. I'm tired of having so much real estate in the rack hogged by open Thors. (I know. "why not minimize them when you're done?" -- the answer: "I'm never done.") Also, for the love of God, let us modulate the rate apart from sync mode.

5. Obviously, a Combinator MkII is a must. Thoughts on augmentation: Of course I love routing CV cords, but why not give us an intelligent Combinator programmer that automatically populates with all available sources and all destinations, rather than limiting us to 4 cv ins/ 4 rotary cv's (which don't have uni/bi switches). Also give us an opportunity to scale these modulations in the programmer.

6. Perhaps less practical (though, I truly hope not) would be the opportunity to combine combinators. (I've seen the video they posted on Facebook, but I'd like to be able to modulate buttons on the face as well as possibly modulate sources/ destinations, etc.)

7. The samplers could all stand to have their internal modulation destination lists bolstered. Primarily the black knobs. I swear, I would use Dr. OctoRex all the time if I could modulate things such as reversal and pitch, etc etc etc.

There's always going to be more, but I think ^these are solid starters.

AttenuationHz

12 May 2017

VST's... Oh wait that's happening already :D
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

sonicbyte

12 May 2017

Loque wrote:Why not copy-and-paste the subforum stuff into this thread? There are so many little anyoing things that need improvement and the users waiting for years. Just how long they gonna wait?

Just to name a few things: automation curves, sample editing, more output channels in kong and no resetting channels each time a sample changed, better menus for options without scrolling 2h, Combinator update, sample and patch database that does not need 3h to find a patch, edit 2 notelanes at the same time, ..........
Amén

EdGrip

12 May 2017

Here's one to hurl into the wishing well of Reasons Future:

I want to be able to lock the focus of the browser. Because what happens is this (sing along if you know the words):
I'm auditioning patches in a synth and the patch interface is lit up orange and linked to the browser. I tweak a knob on a nearby rack device - a filter cutoff, say, or a reverb mix, or a kick level - and then I double-click the next patch in the browser to load it BUT NO THE ORANGE GLOW HAS GONE AND NOW THERE IS ANOTHER SYNTH AND MIX CHANNEL WITH THAT PATCH! UNDO!

This gets me all the time. Even now my muscle memory is only starting to have the fear of clicking on another device wired in. I'm getting trained like a neurotic lab rat, but it's taking time. I just want a little lock button next to the patch up/down/load/save buttons to lock browser focus to that device. Please. Oh God please.

• Information