REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
KonBrio

24 May 2016

Just making this thread now so it will save the unsatisfied people the trouble. :lol:
Last edited by KonBrio on 03 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Chizmata

24 May 2016

Change the whole focus away from accessibility towards refining what exists.

dioxide

24 May 2016

Live switchable Pattern Lanes in the main sequencer.

joeyluck

24 May 2016

Thanks for 'saving them the trouble'...yet you didn't manage to post it in the correct subforum.
So I went through the trouble of moving it for you :P

Ottostrom

24 May 2016

To make audio recording a little easier when you are alone I would like to ba able to set up a point in the track where the recording mode should kick in.
So if I only need to rerecord a certain part of a guitar track i could play along with the existing part to make sure the playing is the same and not record over it.

Stranger.

24 May 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 03 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

chimp_spanner

24 May 2016

Numerical value entry.

MIDI note chase (notes play even if the song cursor is halfway through an event.

Pretty much all I can think of!

Stranger.

24 May 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 03 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

chimp_spanner

24 May 2016

Stranger. wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Pretty much all I can think of!
Teacher always did say -- "must try harder!" :P

There's lots comming in the near future-- "hold tight,rock right" <-- dj. Mr.C
Oh and user definable keyboard shortcuts!! Screw all those wild ideas like VST and polyphonic melodyne. Give me boring workflow features now :lol:

kuhliloach

24 May 2016

Ottostrom wrote:To make audio recording a little easier when you are alone I would like to ba able to set up a point in the track where the recording mode should kick in.
So if I only need to rerecord a certain part of a guitar track i could play along with the existing part to make sure the playing is the same and not record over it.

Ottostrom

24 May 2016

kuhliloach wrote:
Ottostrom wrote:To make audio recording a little easier when you are alone I would like to ba able to set up a point in the track where the recording mode should kick in.
I love to watch creative Reason users finding ways to implement features themselves :mrgreen:
Thank you so much for sharing this! It might not be the prettiest solution, but it's still a decent workaround.

MDTerps2015

24 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:Thanks for 'saving them the trouble'...yet you didn't manage to post it in the correct subforum.
So I went through the trouble of moving it for you :P
Joey you and Selig are pretty damn active in these forums. Im a Reason user for life with Reapers in the background. I bought it about six months ago and have only opened it up three times after six months of trialling. Im pretty much with you and Selig on Reason. We will grow and we will grow. Here is to hoping that it grows so much that it knocks down Avid and PT's. Im in for life even if im just a hobbyist.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

sinnerfire

24 May 2016

I would love a Combinator + NN-XT update.

I want to be able to automate all the buttons and sliders on the NN-XT for a start.

I want the option of playing audio backwards and then forwards, not just forward and backwards.

I would love a dedicated "Edit Audio" button instead of always having to right click a sample and then navigate to the "Edit Audio" tab.
I make presets for a living and this drives me mad lol.

The Combinator needs more Rotarys, more Buttons.

I also want the option of adding my own backdrop to instruments and effects, the same way you can with the Combinator and Kong.

We also need more than two "Theme" settings for the sequencer, tbh, the dark and blue themes are a bit rubbish and unimaginative which is a shame.
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

GRIFTY

24 May 2016

recycle integration........ heavy sigh............

gak

25 May 2016

I'm waiting for reason 11, 128 bit, triple arpeggiator, re-introduction of line 6.

satyr32

25 May 2016

I think Reason 10 will be not what you are expecting. Have a look again at the new player devices. Do they look familiar? Yes, Teenage Engineering. Teenage Engineering will be teaming up with Proppelerhead and we will have a new DAW/Hardware Combo that will write history.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Karim
Competition Winner

25 May 2016

KonBrio wrote:Just making this thread now so it will save the unsatisfied people the trouble. :lol:
ghost track ( like cubase).
new synth.
new sample.
Ssl bus compressor detachable.
" and many more" [emoji1]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Loque

01 Jun 2016

Why not copy-and-paste the subforum stuff into this thread? There are so many little anyoing things that need improvement and the users waiting for years. Just how long they gonna wait?

Just to name a few things: automation curves, sample editing, more output channels in kong and no resetting channels each time a sample changed, better menus for options without scrolling 2h, Combinator update, sample and patch database that does not need 3h to find a patch, edit 2 notelanes at the same time, ..........
Reason12, Win10

Noplan
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2016

i'm ready to pay 129 € if they only change the click sound as a main update in Reason 10.

Creativemind

02 Jun 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:
Stranger. wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Pretty much all I can think of!
Teacher always did say -- "must try harder!" :P

There's lots comming in the near future-- "hold tight,rock right" <-- dj. Mr.C
Oh and user definable keyboard shortcuts!! Screw all those wild ideas like VST and polyphonic melodyne. Give me boring workflow features now :lol:
Yeah like mute / unmute notes in the midi editor, timeline markers, all parameters in dB, hz & ms respectively, ganged faders on the SSL and an undo events list.
Last edited by Creativemind on 02 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

CharlyCharlzz

02 Jun 2016

Video Dub
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

boobytrap

02 Jun 2016

We lost 2 devices with R9 upgrade. (Amps) I'm very confused about what's the next lost with 10. I'm really happy with r8. no more features request or suggestions ever again. All the time I'm happy with my purchase. Only care about REs in future.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

geir
RE Developer

02 Jun 2016

I have a few wishes as well. Some are just the same old wishes though. Just adding my +1's.

- Auto unfold current device group. When clicking on either a track or device all the devices in the that device group auto unfold and all other devices folds.
- Combinator update + allow them in FX rack
- Alias clips
- Ghost track midi editing
- Automation curves
- Better zooming
- Better graphics performance on all three screens (mixer, rack & sequencer) and not least in custom displays in REs.
- Updates for old devices: Thor, Sub etc.

For PH or any other RE developer:
- Multiband dynamics alá Live's

SDK:
Support for loading samples
Pattern support

decibel

02 Jun 2016

all these requested features need to be listed and categorized, maybe even voted on ? im sure we could have polls to vote for the most popular upgrade suggestions etc, maybe when the list covers every bodys wants, we could bug propellerheads to take a look and then get to work on R10 :)

boobytrap

03 Jun 2016

njubi wrote: - Ghost track midi editing
- Automation curves
- Better zooming
- Better graphics performance on all three screens (mixer, rack & sequencer) and not least in custom displays in REs.
- Updates for old devices: Thor, Sub etc.
I thought KonBrio ask about reason 10 request not reason 25 !
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

• Information