REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
keys

15 Jun 2017

Reason for iPad pro

AttenuationHz

18 Jun 2017

Edit Labels on clips I seen suggested before. It would be very nice being able to choose a default font size for the labels or the color of text on a label. Dark labels can't make out black text, text is way too small. It would be great being able to choose where the text is on a clip also (Top middle or bottom left/right)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

ltbrunt00

19 Jun 2017

Reason getting VST support was sort of like winning the lotto for some reason users. That announcement was probably way to Epic, most people never thought it was going to happen. Now that Reason has VST now what. I love Reason the way it is. Sure there a some features found in other DAWs I would like to see in reason but would adding features found in other DAWS be considered a game changer.

Reason 9.5 in my opinion is sort of what I thought Reason 10 would have become. A lot of features request I have seen in the forums could be a 9 point upgrade but what are the big features they could add to really knock our socks off.

I think the Props have something big planned for reason 10. Was adding VST now done more for getting new users (money)? Could version 10 be truly epic which they did not want it to be overshadowed by the VST announcement.

I could see the props....(list coming)
1. Fully integrate players like Kontakt. have it work within reason like built in rack devices. (pipe Dream)
2. Make something like MAX for live devices, users could create/program their own Synths, sale or distribute for free through Prop Shop.
3. Buy some third party RE/VST developers making their products apart of the Reason rack like iZotope or Output.
4. Make some type of RE wrapper to allow Rack Extensions to work in other DAWs (added this one for the lack of ideas)

These ideas may be way out in left field. I don't think there can be any huge announcements going further. Most of us will continue to update once a year. Like most software becoming more stable may be all is left.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

AttenuationHz

19 Jun 2017

can agree anything more they add would have to be big for 10 ↓↓ ;)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

julg

26 Jun 2017

An iOS/Android companion app for Reason named "Rehearsal" :)
* Click a button in the Reason project
* The project gets rendered
* The rendered output gets transferred directly to the app (on the same Wifi network)
* Listen to the music from the app

AttenuationHz

28 Jun 2017

I often put a device in a mix channel or combinator just to see the animation for the modulation on a filter cutoff to get a better representation of the frequency mod. I would love to not have to do this as there is CV inputs on the back of almost all devices with a frequency modulation input. For these inputs it would be fantastic to see the modulation animation as soon as you connect the cable.
Freq mod animation no combi.gif
Freq mod animation no combi.gif (48.34 KiB) Viewed 3879 times

Biolumin3sc3nt

02 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Jun 2017
I often put a device in a mix channel or combinator just to see the animation for the modulation on a filter cutoff to get a better representation of the frequency mod. I would love to not have to do this as there is CV inputs on the back of almost all devices with a frequency modulation input. For these inputs it would be fantastic to see the modulation animation as soon as you connect the cable.

So true! I always wondered why it "had" to be in a Combi. Would make life easier visually

jam-s

02 Jul 2017

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
02 Jul 2017
So true! I always wondered why it "had" to be in a Combi. Would make life easier visually
That's because modulating a parameter by CV is different than modulating it via automation.
(For details I'm linking these tutorials for you.)

Jbvdb

02 Jul 2017

Multi touch support !

Jagwah

02 Jul 2017

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
02 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Jun 2017

Always hoped for a solution for this, I understand there are two different functions happening but if there could be some way to work something out so we could visually see knob movement when we wanted to, man that would be great.

Steedus
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

It's probably been mentioned before, and hell there may actually be a way to do it, but the other day I was working on a track with some midi clips and boy I wished that midi clips had an option at the top of the sequencer to transpose up and down, like there is with audio tracks. I find having to bring up the Tool Window just to bump a midi clip up or down an octave slows down workflow.

AttenuationHz

03 Jul 2017

Steedus wrote:
03 Jul 2017
It's probably been mentioned before, and hell there may actually be a way to do it, but the other day I was working on a track with some midi clips and boy I wished that midi clips had an option at the top of the sequencer to transpose up and down, like there is with audio tracks. I find having to bring up the Tool Window just to bump a midi clip up or down an octave slows down workflow.
If you mean from outside the clip yeah that might be a very handy feature.
Transpose.gif
Transpose.gif (57.87 KiB) Viewed 3784 times

Steedus
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2017

Yeah from outside the clip is what I was thinking, like how you transpose audio from up the top of the sequencer.. Sometimes I just want to quickly bump something up or down an octave to hear the difference etc.. Was hoping that would be added to v9 but oh well. Glad they at least added a quantize button on the transport bar.

xylyx

09 Jul 2017

Would like to be able to add a mix channel into a combinator, so that multi out devices can be saved as a preset, especially useful with some of the VST drum plugins that have multiple outputs, as well as the likes of Kong and Redrum.
Last edited by xylyx on 13 Jul 2017, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2017

Bezier Curves

AttenuationHz

14 Jul 2017

Solo Safe, Mute safe etc.

I've been experimenting with bussing tracks and the only thing making it not work is the solo/mute state of the mix channel at the end of the chain. Using the master fader compressor as a bus compressor and master out is going into a mix channel which is directly connected to the audio interface as you would with Control/Master out. Solo'ing a track breaks the routing if there was a solo safe it would work no problem!

selig
RE Developer

14 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
14 Jul 2017

I've been experimenting with bussing tracks and the only thing making it not work is the solo/mute state of the mix channel at the end of the chain. Using the master fader compressor as a bus compressor and master out is going into a mix channel which is directly connected to the audio interface as you would with Control/Master out. Solo'ing a track breaks the routing if there was a solo safe it would work no problem!
A big "plus one" for this useful feature, if only because the "real" SSL can do this from day one!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

AttenuationHz

14 Jul 2017

selig wrote:
14 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
14 Jul 2017

A big "plus one" for this useful feature, if only because the "real" SSL can do this from day one!!!
Hmm you kind of can do solo safe.

I have it set up so the master fader is going into a mix channel and direct output to hardware interface but if you solo that mix channel the master is going into and create a new bus and bus your buses to that when you solo tracks because they are bussed they activate the bus channels also. Just figured that out by mistake! Lot of messing around though.

keys

16 Jul 2017

Adjustable the Timebase (PPQ) values like fruity loops and Cubase.

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

keys wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Like the logic pro feature request? I'm confused :?

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=132299

crawla

16 Jul 2017

Hello fellow Reason users, I love the direction Propellerheads is heading in! As for version 10, I would like to see expanded chords and keys and a strumming feature added in the chord player(without the use of note echo player). I also would like the ability to import chords from other 3rd party chord players (Chordz Engine)and convert them into repatch patches maybe propelerheads could work with them? Although the vst implementation is a bit buggy right now I enjoy being able to use my other vst's inside of my favorite DAW(Reason)!

keys

17 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
16 Jul 2017
keys wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Like the logic pro feature request? I'm confused :?

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=132299

Yes, I’m a logic user as well and I’d like to see this feature in Logic and Reason.

PPQ is pulses per quarter note.

FL Studio allows you to adjust PPQ value by 24, 96, 240, 480, 384, 960.

AttenuationHz

22 Jul 2017

Removal of bars between R/L locators. Currently there is removal of L/R but it would be great if that function would stretch to locators from Right to Left. It would be very useful as in if you have a large section that you only realise would be better suited joined with a later section but you can only audition it by placing the R marker before the left and the loop plays from Right to Left marker. You then have to swap the locators position to remove the bars, that never made sense to me.
Locators.JPG
Locators.JPG (44.86 KiB) Viewed 3400 times

lalogrez

27 Jul 2017

It would be nice for Reason 10 to have the following:

:reason: - Auto Punch & Shortcut key for L/R locators: As "I" (punch In) for the L and "O" (punch Out) for the R while playing, with a button on the transport to activate "auto punch" so you hit "play" and when entering the L R zone Reason automatically starts to record and it stops recording when getting out. (this would be an awesome feature!)

:reason: - Auto Crossfade: when overlapping two clips so you don't have to JoinClips>CompEditting>Crossfade. This would be very useful when recording drums as we in general handle over 8 simultaneous tracks. Not saying that comp editting is bad, in fact I love it but that feature could save a lot of time.

:reason: - Channel Strip Emulation Swap: between SSL, API, Neve, etc. Just the channel strip you want to change or the master bus, not the entire mix console... as u select new predefined "Ctrl + T".

:reason: - Channel Strip "Save Preset" button: so you can recall that setting into another session.

:reason: - Arm Record: from the channel strip aside the mute & solo buttons (except the bus channel). Not only in the sequencer so u can arm them with the Mackie control/extender protocol. This is for achieve a sense of traditional recording like from a multitrack portastudio.

:reason: - Poliphonic Pitch Correction.

:reason: - MP3 file export.

... among other things :)
Last edited by lalogrez on 11 Aug 2017, edited 2 times in total.

aquil

28 Jul 2017

- allow customizing keyboard shortcuts
- much faster browser with indexed database + bring popup browser back (bitwig has currently one of the best patch/sample browsers out there)
- clip looping like logic / reaper
- bring the default open file dialog back (some tasks like selecting song template would be much less confusing)
- new option to overwrite project window size / position settings (so when i'm opening songs, which was done on a multi monitor or any old reason song can be forced to a single fullscreen window or a custom multimonitor setup)
- simple dashboard, so i can easily switch between two ore more cpu heavy songs (its currently not possible to close a song without closing reason, when no other song is open), dashboard could show us some news and more
- port the new learn feature of the vst device to the combinator programmer (for much faster mapping)

So many wishes :)

• Information