REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
altron

28 May 2017

Here's my humble request (since I use a lot of h/w gear):

- Support for more than one audio interface, that is, configuring multiple audio i/o h/w devices in Reason prefs.
- Be able to name the audio inputs & outputs (like for example in Cubase).
- Support for multi MIDI sync out. I.e. sending MIDI clock sync out to multiple external devices.
- Multiple block lanes. Could be used to have different versions of a song in the same file.
Trap is where music goes to die.

ltbrunt00

30 May 2017

Here is my little wish list

1. Chord & Scale Player
a. Have different Scale/Chord modes like Like Diminished, Whole tone, Melodic Minor.
b. A user front end to allow us to replace the individual chords in the player.
c. Have a option in the player to trigger different playing styles when triggering the keys like classical, Reggae, Ragtime, Jazz.
d. Or Allow us users to create the different playing styles in the player.
. A user or 3rd party vendor could make a playing style patch and sell it for cold hard cash....
. I'd buy it. Toontrack has stuff like this, why not let the Props get some money from this action.
. 3rd party products do work well in this area but I always prefer native integration first if available.

2. New A list devices (and the ability to export the midi files that make up the phrases to a track).
a. The ability to play the individual notes in the A-list Device(I know I'm asking for the moon with this request but one can wish)
b. A-List Bass Player
c. A-List Horn Player

3. A new Radical Something. I love these devices. Since you nailed the pianos downs why not.....
a. Radical Bass
b. Radical Guitar

4. Reason Layaway. You sucked up all our money with all the Great RE releases this year, then you nailed us with the May Madness sale and now you got AAA VST's in your Shop after the sale.....

Give me a layaway and just bill me every month or bi-weekly. If a user misses a payment just deactivate the device. Have a timer in the device that requires an occasional sync with the Propellerhead servers and if the RE is not detected in the defined time which can be set by the individual vendors then the device stops working until the next payment is made.
Maybe have a limit to how many devices a person can have in the layaway. Also you could give people who consistently buy RE's, VSTs additional items they could put in the layaway. For those that could afford it I can definitely see myself paying a hundred dollars a month for multiple devices. I waste that much alone on lunch and other pointless stuff monthly.

This may seem like a lot but the thread is called Reason 10 Feature request.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

AttenuationHz

01 Jun 2017

Last edited by AttenuationHz on 01 Jun 2017, edited 2 times in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

djohnq

01 Jun 2017

just simply vst support in rewire mode, actually hoping that arrives before 10

AttenuationHz

01 Jun 2017

More programmable knobs + buttons on a mix channel/combinator or the ability to add knobs at the cost of the size of the mix channel/combinator on the rack.

While there fix the lag when changing the min/max value on show programmer or just add the ability to input the value manually when you double click on it.
Mix channel Lag.gif
Mix channel Lag.gif (444.57 KiB) Viewed 3300 times
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

pjkemp

02 Jun 2017

bluetooth midi for convenient live play.....

artotaku

02 Jun 2017

• Session view/ clip launching with a Reason twist
  • Enhanced combinator (more knobs, more CV ins, ...)
  • More Player devices - allow RE developers to develop Players
  • CV Ins on Player devices
  • Sequencer: Keyboard shortcuts for Octave Up/down of selected MIDI notes
  • keyboard shortcuts for navigation between various windows Mixer/Rack/Sequencer without using mouse
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts
  • Remotables for device creation
  • Browser: search input field - search proposal lists while typing web-style

Electric-Metal

02 Jun 2017

artotaku wrote:
  • keyboard shortcuts for navigation between various windows Mixer/Rack/Sequencer without using mouse
Erm... F5,F6,F7
;)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

artotaku

02 Jun 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
artotaku wrote:
Erm... F5,F6,F7
;)
I know but what I mean is that you cannot continously navigate with the arrow keys if you switch between the different views without loosing keyboard focus. This is also the case within the panels (track list, clips) in the sequencer view. At some point you need the mouse to give a panel the keyboard focus.

AttenuationHz

02 Jun 2017

artotaku wrote:
Electric-Metal wrote:
artotaku wrote:
Erm... F5,F6,F7
;)
I know but what I mean is that you cannot continously navigate with the arrow keys if you switch between the different views without loosing keyboard focus. This is also the case within the panels (track list, clips) in the sequencer view. At some point you need the mouse to give a panel the keyboard focus.
Never, if very seldom would I use F5,F6,F7. They really need to introduce bindable hotkeys/customisation. Does anyone use numbers 1-0 there's 10 buttons that could be remapped or have the option to remap them there is a few more idle buttons (at least I think they are unused) F9-F12 ; ' # [ ]

AttenuationHz

02 Jun 2017

Revert to saved data! That is close current session and open the saved state without having to close the session and reopen. one click.

artotaku

03 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:
artotaku wrote:
Electric-Metal wrote:
artotaku wrote:
Erm... F5,F6,F7
;)
If you don't like the F-Key navigation, you can detach the all windows and use alt+tab to toggle between them. This harks back to the old days of Reason, where as far as I recall it always launched two windows by default.
F-Keys or whatever are completely fine, but try the following scenario without using the mouse:
Start with the Rack Window which has keyboard focus and one device is selected. Use arrow-keys to navigate between devices in the rack. Now open Sequencer window with F7. The panel that had the focus (blue rectangle) when you had it opened the last time will get the focus so can navigate with the arrow-keys in lets say the MIDI track list panel. Now try to get to the panel with the MIDI/Audio clips without using the mouse from there. There is no shortcut for that AFAIK. You have to record something so it gets the keyboard focus.

I have to admit that the feature request would be rather aimed towards navigating between the sequencer panels with shortcuts than between the rack/sequencer/mixer.
Last edited by artotaku on 03 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

artotaku

03 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:When you say 'keyboard focus', are you referring to the vertical keyboard ? If so, you can arrow up/down between the instruments (in the sequencer) and then hit CTRL + E to toggle in and out of edit mode. At least thats how it is with version 7. This may not work on your version.
I mean computer keyboard focus. I didn´t know/tried CTRL-E before (used Shift-Tab for that), so one step forward. However, the keyboard focus does not change and is kept in the MIDI track panel, so how do you get into the clips or navigate the clips without giving the panel keyboard focus using the mouse?

keys

03 Jun 2017

Add to the tool window, a randomize velocity only between X value an X value.

keys

04 Jun 2017

Add a brush tool to the piano roll but have a single note mode available.

Meaning, if I have Quantize set to 16ths and single note brush tool mode enabled, it only draws
one 16th note when I release the mouse instead of drawing a string of 16 notes I have to delete later. This would be a great time saver.

It would be great to be able to “mute” notes in one octave in the piano roll so we can scale Quantize our own custom scales throughout the other octaves.

In Logic and Albeton you have to have midi notes already in the piano roll, select them and then the piano roll grid shows only the
notes you selected.

It would be great to just mute notes on the piano roll keyboard itself and not have to have midi notes in the piano roll editor for this to work.

cryonicPAX

08 Jun 2017

-Sequenzer

1. Transpose-Automations
2. Threshhold for "Slice-Makers" in Slice-Edit Mode
3. Curved Fade-In/Outs
4. Crossfade-Option without working with Comp-Edit
-Comp-Edit in the Sequencer (like Studio One 3, Cubase)
5. "Rack/Mixer"-Buttons in the Sequencer-Lanes
6. Freeze-Tracks or Disable-Tracks, to save DSP. Muting them is not disable the devices
7. Custom or more colors for the tracks
8. Custom-Lables for the colors, to set your own Colorcodes
9. Bring back the Disable-Button for BLOCKS-Lane

-Mixer

1. Link-Options for Fader, Mute and Solo-Button, to edit them together
2. Save-Solo
3. Higher resolution for the Spectrum-EQ (-64db)
4. Higher/Slower-Speed for the Spectrum-EQ
5. Stereo-Input for the Spectrum-EQ (the side-signal is not showing up by the Spectrum-EQ if u mute the mid-signal)
6. Swap Left-Right-Option for the Panning
7. Switch to Mono/Stereo-Button on the Master

-Rack

1. Gain-Parameter for the channels (Audio/Mix-Channels)
2. Swap Left-Right-Option for the Panning

Updates:

1. On-The-Fly Searchfunction for Samples in the Browser
2. Shuffel-Function for searchresults in the Browser (useful to not try always the first upcoming samples, patches and co.)
2. 24db Splitter-Button for the Stereo-Imager
3. A rework of the MClass-Series (i know, they are good, but it is missing some modern options, which will force us to buy some expenssiv REs)
4. Autosave & Restore-Function after a crash (after Reason 9.5 Update a must-have)

Bugs:

1. "Anti"-Loop-Markers gettin ignored by the Export of a song in any way
2. Blue and Dark-Skin: Add a Midi-Track, play some notes and the display for incoming Midi-Signal (beside the "Groove") is poppin in and out (missing background-image or color)
Drum & Bass-Producer, Mixing-Engineer from Germany. :reason:

CaptainBlack

08 Jun 2017

A simple mono mixer output option. Not only will this help with judging mixing balance, it will save me have to convert stereo files that I export that only need to be in mono - e.g. vocal takes.

selig
RE Developer

08 Jun 2017

CaptainBlack wrote:A simple mono mixer output option. Not only will this help with judging mixing balance, it will save me have to convert stereo files that I export that only need to be in mono - e.g. vocal takes.
You can already export mono tracks as mono files, just use Bounce Mixer Channels and be sure to select "All except fader section" and that's it!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

keys

09 Jun 2017

jmusic wrote:Would like to see a feature, I don't know if its in Reason already.. When playing keyboard when coming up which Ideas, chords, riffs, have a "buffered" recording feature that records only when MIDI is detected. Have Reason record anonymously or automatically. So when idea has come to mind, its already recorded.
This is a great idea. Logic has the capture midi plug in that does this.

http://www.audiocr.com/

donhogo

12 Jun 2017

Make the "VST Window Get Keyboard Focus" option available per plugin instead of a globally option. It would make sense to just enable the option only for dedicated plugins and leave it disabled for others. If that´s not possible there should at least be a shortcut to enable/disable the option.

AttenuationHz

12 Jun 2017

donhogo wrote:Make the "VST Window Get Keyboard Focus" option available per plugin instead of a globally option. It would make sense to just enable the option only for dedicated plugins and leave it disabled for others. If that´s not possible there should at least be a shortcut to enable/disable the option.
I think the option is only there because Some vst's don't have it turned on by default.

Same as most VST's not name assigning values in the code. For instance when you assign a parameter in a mix window or combinator the value is in % because the code used for latching onto what the parameter value is, is missing from the VST. I am just speculating this now so don't take it as gospel! VST's never had to name the value because reason is unique when it comes to modulating from the mix channel or combinator. If you automate the parameter it names it in the sequencer mostly but there is no code in the VST's to latch onto the value i.e. Hz, dB, Time, Ratio etc.

This is why we need an assignable button for the mix channel/combinator and sequencer window instead of %.

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2017

cryonicPAX wrote:-Sequenzer

4. Autosave & Restore-Function after a crash (after Reason 9.5 Update a must-have)

background-image or color)

That's a must have, totally agree with that.

I 'd add to your list the Block section

Blocks with SSL mixer:
1) Store SSL mixer variation information in blocks separated from song SSL parameters (gain,eq,levels,etc).

Main problem with this: You may want to maintain those separated, or say, your mixer variations when done in block mode will stay so on all blocks, otherwise you would need to copy paste your new variation to all blocks. Ok, so how do we avoid that?

2) Include a mixer patternizer default device that will store ALL SSL mixer information. :lightbulb:

like impact from Way gone Petertools, just on a right scale and side (of history).

impact.JPG
impact.JPG (73.46 KiB) Viewed 3076 times

I always wanted to know why they did not quit their work on that and joined the RE development, but they had never answered me a single e-mail.
(But mainly because I wanted to register my copy before losing it, and receive the upgrade. s****** company.)ok, skip this. LET'S JUMP TO USEFUL INFORMATION.

My idea is that it should work like an integrated part of the mixer, and have a counterpart in the mixer, where you could recall settings and presets.
This must be done as an upgrade to the mixer first.

And then it comes the rack counterpart, fully cv automatable, that mirrors all SSL settings and stores them in patches.

We could put it inside our songs and use it live mode as well as in blocks and register different mixer variations and recall them as stored in the pattern bank.

Of course it could do more than that.

It could store ALL variation information of a project into its memory for all rack devices AND SSL mixer.

maybe two brothers? :question:

ltbrunt00

13 Jun 2017

1. Independent tempo on tracks.

I am not sure if this is even possible but it would be nice to be able to set different tracks to different Tempos.
In a crazy world would like to be able to set the tempo on each track. I don't think this is a feature that can be done but was just a thought on my part.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

AttenuationHz

13 Jun 2017

A button on the Mixer for each channel to take you to the device at the end of the chain. Instead of bringing you to the Mix channel on the rack it takes you to the first device where the sound is originating from. Or a configurable option to replace one of the buttons to do it.
Extra Button.png
Extra Button.png (7.12 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Might as well throw in a comments section as seen as there will be less space.

AttenuationHz

13 Jun 2017

When browsing sample folders it would be great if the sample preview would route to devices. Mainly for the purpose of referencing tracks in an analyser. A way to route the preview in the browser to a mix channel would be amazing because currently the only way to hear reference material is by importing the audio into the session or externally routing it into Reason with a VST (odeus wdm2vst) or through your interface. When there is a play button on the browser that can play your reference material there needs to be a way for it to go through a mix channel so a VST can pick up the audio.

• Information