REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
tiker01

28 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
22 Jul 2017
Removal of bars between R/L locators. Currently there is removal of L/R but it would be great if that function would stretch to locators from Right to Left. It would be very useful as in if you have a large section that you only realise would be better suited joined with a later section but you can only audition it by placing the R marker before the left and the loop plays from Right to Left marker. You then have to swap the locators position to remove the bars, that never made sense to me.

Locators.JPG
Along these lines adding silence i.e. a gap without disturbing the timeline so after drops songs can be aligned to bars.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2017

Here is a feature request I think would be YUGE for Reason:

Provide a tool to produce combinator patches from text files (with an XML schema for stock devices), as well as a tool to convert normal combinators to that text format.

Your average user will never use this, but it could allow for developers to create Combinator awesome-izers. Imagine having a single Thor patch and being able to throw it though a tool that creates a phat detuned patch automatically!

Or an additive synth builder that punches out stacks of Subtractor, Maelstrom or Thor devices.

moneykube

28 Jul 2017

still wishing for video integration.... then logic can go away... far far away to a distant planet where logic is actually logical :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Sunsiare

06 Aug 2017

Oquasec wrote:
25 May 2017
Yall can seriously punch my ass in the face for saying this but I think propellerhead should focus exclusively on vst 2/3 support and workflow enhancements while the rack extension guys focus on making the specialized modules for reason.
Completely agree

I haven't had the time to really list all the stuff I'd love to see in Reason 10/11 but on top of my head
  • VST 3 Support and in general an even better VST support (works great already)
  • More than 7 (Stereo) Audio Out on the VST panel (Needed for the Elektron Analog Rytm for exemple)
  • Support for multi MIDI sync out. I.e. sending MIDI clock sync out to multiple external devices.
  • Lossless Audio Support for Windows (FLAC / ALAC), I'd save a LOT OF SPACE with all these 24 bits WAV samples mostly filled with silence...
  • Lossless / Lossy export

Nick Pa

08 Aug 2017

We deserve to have Recycle integrated already. If not version 2.2 then at least version 1.1. The current method is outdated and very time consuming. Also, we all paid between $350 - $450 for the program initially. Why is Recycle still $200 to faithful users ? If Recycle isn't integrated by Reason 11, I'm cutting all ties and switching to Protools & Mac. Between the software itself and the rack extentions, you have made plenty of $$ off of us.

You can learn a thing or two from FL Studio. Mainly, the fact that you only have to buy the software 1 time and then receive free version upgrades for life !!!!! I don't mind paying for the upgrade, as long as its worth it. Propellerhead Reason, it's far past the time to stop being greedy !!!!!

Get with the times and have a heart to your faithful users. Thank you.
Last edited by Nick Pa on 08 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Pa

08 Aug 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:
13 Jun 2017
1. Independent tempo on tracks.

I am not sure if this is even possible but it would be nice to be able to set different tracks to different Tempos.
In a crazy world would like to be able to set the tempo on each track. I don't think this is a feature that can be done but was just a thought on my part.

This feature would be amazing ! Everytime I want to see if a sample or drum loop/ect with a different tempo works well with a pre-existing track, I have to open two reason files, play one and then try to beat match the other one to it. What a work flow killer !! We deserve easier work flow capabilites.

Nick Pa

08 Aug 2017

Oquasec wrote:
17 May 2017
We already have like 3 versions of recycle in reason already but they gotta find a way to put the actual one on the octo rex or it's own module.

Or they could simply integrate Recycle like they should have 2 and a half versions ago. At least give it to their faithful supporters, if not at a heavily discounted price.

Nick Pa

08 Aug 2017

KonBrio wrote:
03 May 2017
1.) UPGRADE THE SSL MIXER - Do a partnership with UAudio and upgrade the SSL Emulation. Also, add the option to switch between mixers (API, NEVE, SSL, Harrision).

2.) GAIN REDUCTION METER NEXT TO FADER - and maybe a smaller fader to adjust it.

3.) GIVE REASON ALL OF THE AUDIO EDITING CAPABILITIES OF EVERY OTHER DAW - and the ability to edit audio or midi while the song is playing. Also add a shortcut key to slice audio clips at the play marker while paused or playing.

4.) UPGRADE NN-XT - Drag and drop samples from anywhere in or out of Reason.

5.) COMBINATOR 2 - nuff said.

6.) PRE AND POST FADER SWITCH ON EACH MIXER CHANNEL.

7.) EXPORT ANY AUDIO FILE EXTENSION - or at least add MP3.

8.) BEZIER CURVES FOR AUTOMATION

9.) AUTOMATION DRAWING TOOLS - "Square, Saw, Sine, Ramp, etc.

10.) METADATA

I agree with all of your wish list...However, I think #1 and #3 are excellent ideas. The mixer needs to sound more "Industry Standard" and the ability to edit and COPY&PASTE while the song is playing should already be a feature/function. Even weak old MAGIX Music Maker allows you to COPY&PASTE while the song is playing.

Nick Pa

08 Aug 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
24 May 2016
To make audio recording a little easier when you are alone I would like to ba able to set up a point in the track where the recording mode should kick in.
So if I only need to rerecord a certain part of a guitar track i could play along with the existing part to make sure the playing is the same and not record over it.

Yes!

Nick Pa

08 Aug 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:
02 Feb 2017
This may be out there but what if Propellerhead created their own Music Selling service. Us Reasonites create tracks and Propellerhead sells them for cash and splits the profits with us.

Option 1 would be to sell music as is, it would be up to you and who ever buys it to have the music mixed if needed or Mastered.
Option 2 Propellerhead charges an additional fee to have the music Mastered with their service.
Depending on how much music is being sold your split with Propellerehead could go up or down. I imagine this would be more of a service for people looking to buy music for any type of project.

Just imagine a small independent movie looking for music, they visit Propellerheads film section and !!BAM!! They come away with an entire soundtrack by one person or buys multiple tracks to make up their score.

You could use this service to find other skilled music makers to contribute to your project. There could be a pricing model to let people get paid a one time fee or royalties for work done on other peoples music.

Only music made with Reason could live within this market place. Propellerhead could have an end to end solution for Making and Selling music.

Like I said this idea may be a little out there. Other than this I don't see any future update to Reason being EPIC. I mean I generally find their stuff Epic but right now with the RE's it just seems like it can't get any better.

That's a slick idea...but...why should we have to have our music mixed or mastered ??? Propellerheads website says, and I quote: "Color your music or clean up your mixes with Reason’s top-notch supply of effect processors." And..."Polish your sound to perfection with the MClass professional mastering units. Use on individual sounds or your entire mix."
False advertising ? False Hype ? You tell me. If you get what you pay for, then I want it, since I paid for it :thumbs_down: :evil: :thumbs_down:

AttenuationHz

08 Aug 2017

Nick Pa wrote:
08 Aug 2017

That's a slick idea...but...why should we have to have our music mixed or mastered ??? Propellerheads website says, and I quote: "Color your music or clean up your mixes with Reason’s top-notch supply of effect processors." And..."Polish your sound to perfection with the MClass professional mastering units. Use on individual sounds or your entire mix."
False advertising ? False Hype ? You tell me. If you get what you pay for, then I want it, since I paid for it :thumbs_down: :evil: :thumbs_down:
Key words there being "Your" "Supply" "Use". I'm as cynical as they come but you're stretching with that one.

It's not what Reason can do with your sound, its what you can do to Reason to make it sound.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Oquasec

08 Aug 2017

I feel like kong and redrum are recycle already tbh.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

JohnM

08 Aug 2017

Some one mentioned ghost track midi editing, il second that and perhaps a little better midi edit. I hate the yellow colour one as you can't see the grid. Some of the other colours are not too great either as the grid has poor contrast.

Nick Pa

09 Aug 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
08 Aug 2017
Nick Pa wrote:
08 Aug 2017

Key words there being "Your" "Supply" "Use". I'm as cynical as they come but you're stretching with that one.

It's not what Reason can do with your sound, its what you can do to Reason to make it sound.
I agree with you 100% You can't polish a turd...but run an expairament for yourself. Use the stock sounds that Reason provides(drums, synths, etc) to make a song. Then do the same thing in FL studio with the stock sounds that FL provides. Which one sounds better without any added effects ? FL ! Reason should sound just as good, if not better. They obviously have the abililty. I still love and use Reason everyday, just expect a little more.

Nick Pa

09 Aug 2017

Oquasec wrote:
08 Aug 2017
I feel like kong and redrum are recycle already tbh.
I agree to a point. Sure you can chop and edit with what they give us. But what about the sensetivity setting that finds the transients for you ? No where near as good as it is in Recycle. The sensitivity setting doesn't even exist in the kong or redrum. And it's sloppy to ok at best on the Dr Octo. IMO...and that's all we all have here, anyone who purchases a full version of Reason should be given Recycle as well (like they did with Record, finally). After all, isn't the point of all of this to inspire people to become better musicians/producers, and to make our workflow easier ? :D

Nick Pa

09 Aug 2017

Nick Pa wrote:
08 Aug 2017
KonBrio wrote:
03 May 2017
1.) UPGRADE THE SSL MIXER - Do a partnership with UAudio and upgrade the SSL Emulation. Also, add the option to switch between mixers (API, NEVE, SSL, Harrision).

2.) GAIN REDUCTION METER NEXT TO FADER - and maybe a smaller fader to adjust it.

3.) GIVE REASON ALL OF THE AUDIO EDITING CAPABILITIES OF EVERY OTHER DAW - and the ability to edit audio or midi while the song is playing. Also add a shortcut key to slice audio clips at the play marker while paused or playing.

4.) UPGRADE NN-XT - Drag and drop samples from anywhere in or out of Reason.

5.) COMBINATOR 2 - nuff said.

6.) PRE AND POST FADER SWITCH ON EACH MIXER CHANNEL.

7.) EXPORT ANY AUDIO FILE EXTENSION - or at least add MP3.

8.) BEZIER CURVES FOR AUTOMATION

9.) AUTOMATION DRAWING TOOLS - "Square, Saw, Sine, Ramp, etc.

10.) METADATA

I agree with all of your wish list...However, I think #1 and #3 are excellent ideas. The mixer needs to sound more "Industry Standard" and the ability to edit and COPY&PASTE while the song is playing should already be a feature/function. Even weak old MAGIX Music Maker 12 allows you to COPY&PASTE while the song is playing.

Oquasec

09 Aug 2017

true. you have to do that manually. I use cubase ai instead of recycle if i want sensitivity settings.
Producer/Programmer.

Nick Pa

09 Aug 2017

Oquasec wrote:
09 Aug 2017
true. you have to do that manually. I use cubase ai instead of recycle if i want sensitivity settings.
You said it. That's what I guess I was trying to say. Why are we having to buy multiple DAWs to do something that could be done all in 1 ? What a workflow killer !

Oquasec

09 Aug 2017

I treat daws like plugins so I don't mind much.
So cubase as recycle if I'm not in a kong mood for chopping :P
Producer/Programmer.

Nick Pa

15 Aug 2017

Oquasec wrote:
09 Aug 2017
I treat daws like plugins so I don't mind much.
So cubase as recycle if I'm not in a kong mood for chopping :P
I hate it, but I am doing the same thing. I might be adding Reaper into the toolbox soon.
Reason = DAW & some chopping of Samples in outdated Dr Octo :cry:
FL = DAW & Sample Editing in Edison :?
and possibly Reaper = Slicing and Transients done right :puf_bigsmile:

What's your opinion regarding Cubase as a slicing/editing tool?

Oquasec

15 Aug 2017

It is what it is.
Dropped FL Studio, Cubase & Studio One in favor of just ableton.
I have nnxt & kong for that other stuff and synthesis is covered by reason already also, but ableton has a clip launcher.
So instead of cubase I go with musescore for notation :]
Last edited by Oquasec on 15 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.

Nick Pa

15 Aug 2017

Oquasec wrote:
15 Aug 2017
It is what it is.
Dropped FL Studio, Cubase & Studio One in favor of just ableton.
I have nnxt & kong for that other stuff and synthesis is covered by reason already also, but ableton has a clip launcher.
So instead of cubase I go with musescore for notation :]
I'll take a look into musecore. I've stayed away from ableton since the beginning. Wasn't sure about the platform or direction. Turning out to be quite useful from alot of peoples accounts. Thanks :thumbs_up:

jschlesselman

18 Aug 2017

Simple basic timeline control, without this "automatic" jumping of timeline focus. It is called "user friendly." Please, let me control the timeline when I am editing. It is basic simple logic and it is easily done with one line of code. "freeze timeline in place, allow user to choose where to focus." I dould do it myself. Come on Propellerhead, get this one right.

If you know what I mean, then please let them know like I do every month or so:

https://www.propellerheads.se/contact/feedback

thanks. j

geremix

24 Aug 2017

Nobody seems to edit live drums here!!
I just bought Pro Tools so I can edit a live drum set, making slices, moving beats around and crossfading audio events on multiple channels as if it were a single one.
I'd love to have a way to do it inside Reason's sequencer including the crossfades

Also I work all the time with several amount of channels, mixing acoustic music (live drums and lots of live percussion, lots of guitars and vocals...)
I'd love to have a way to hide channels at the mixer so I can have more well organized fluid mixing sessions.

I'd love to have a more developed control room section at the master, with a mono switch, switches for multiple speaker sets with trim and inserts but without affecting the master when you export the mix, and some solution to control multiple or at least 2 headphone mixes for musicians

And last, I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO HAVE a way to use my Mackie Control with 2 extenders as one unique control surface controlling 24 channels at once. PLEAAAAASE!!!! This it has to be simple programming guys!!!!

In summary:
1. Edit multiple channels in the timeline as a group
2. Add crossfades right at the timeline
3. Hide mixer channels
4. Control room section, with mono switch, multiple speaker set controls with inserts (without affecting the master) and independent headphone mixes controls
5. New and better remote mappings and the ability to use 2 extenders attached to the Mackie Control surface.

Well... there you have it. What do you think guys??

Peace

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2017

jschlesselman wrote:
18 Aug 2017
Simple basic timeline control, without this "automatic" jumping of timeline focus. It is called "user friendly." Please, let me control the timeline when I am editing. It is basic simple logic and it is easily done with one line of code. "freeze timeline in place, allow user to choose where to focus." I dould do it myself. Come on Propellerhead, get this one right.

If you know what I mean, then please let them know like I do every month or so:

https://www.propellerheads.se/contact/feedback

thanks. j
You can toggle whether Reason timeline focus follows the play head by pressing 'f'. It'll be somewhere on the menu as well.

• Information