REASON 10 FEATURE REQUESTS

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
satyr32

27 Sep 2017

Re8et wrote:
26 Sep 2017
satyr32 wrote:
25 May 2016
I think Reason 10 will be not what you are expecting. Have a look again at the new player devices. Do they look familiar? Yes, Teenage Engineering. Teenage Engineering will be teaming up with Proppelerhead and we will have a new DAW/Hardware Combo that will write history.
Was??????TE is partnering with PH??
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
That was a wish I had 1 year ago. Not reality.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Eprom

10 Oct 2017

One simple request: make Subtractor stereo, please. It's still my go-to synth since Reason Ver. 1

PS. a 3th OSC would be nice too ;-)
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

Loque

10 Oct 2017

Eprom wrote:
10 Oct 2017
One simple request: make Subtractor stereo, please. It's still my go-to synth since Reason Ver. 1

Use two Subtractors? Change the finetune of pitch, filter settings, ADSR, modulate the filters and so on slightly a bit in the 2nd, mix them together in a Mixer, add a LFO to panning. What more stereo do you need? All this control you will lose on a stereo synth. Also note, that the oscilators ARE mono, they become stereo with detuning, unisone and internal hidden modulations and filtering.
Reason12, Win10

Eprom

10 Oct 2017

Yes, I could stack two Subtractors or three or four, but that's just not the point. I love Subtractor for it's simplicity (and it resemble's all the old hardware stuff I have or had).
:reason: Reason user since Ver. 1.01(2001) :reason:
- I read everything, but rarely post on forums -

AttenuationHz

10 Oct 2017

Eprom wrote:
10 Oct 2017

How about you make subtracter stereo! Easily done!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

kimothebeatmaker

15 Oct 2017

sinnerfire wrote:
24 May 2016
I would love a Combinator + NN-XT update.

I want to be able to automate all the buttons and sliders on the NN-XT for a start.

I want the option of playing audio backwards and then forwards, not just forward and backwards.

I would love a dedicated "Edit Audio" button instead of always having to right click a sample and then navigate to the "Edit Audio" tab.
I make presets for a living and this drives me mad lol.

The Combinator needs more Rotarys, more Buttons.

I also want the option of adding my own backdrop to instruments and effects, the same way you can with the Combinator and Kong.

We also need more than two "Theme" settings for the sequencer, tbh, the dark and blue themes are a bit rubbish and unimaginative which is a shame.
I agree! Would love to map my mpk249 to the nnxt fully.

NNXT Is my favorite sampler, but not able to add and edit slices in it other than duplicating it and setting start and end points for each zone (which is similar to the asr10)...is a real bummer. I hope they update it! Work flow would be faster for me.
"Cocaine and Prostitutes"

WillyOD

15 Oct 2017

I just hope they give the sequencer some much needed loving. The Age Old, and others, have already said some of what is missing.

I'm hoping something will happen by Reason 11.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

antic604

23 Oct 2017

Not a Reason user yet, but I probably will shortly (especially if Live 10 announcement fails to address the issues I have with it...) and those are the things I missed playing with the 30 day demo:

- resizeable / vector UI - I mean I really like the design and look of Reason's devices, instruments and effects, but they look very pixelated which makes them difficult to use on high-resolution small screens; with VSTs currently being available it would even make sense to have the native devices pop out to their standalone windows like VSTs do if user would so desire,

- full-screen UI - I'd like to be able to get rid of the Windows top & bottom bar, so that I can see the most of my project on a small, but high-res singe screen,

- layered editing - ability to see & edit several MIDI and/or audio clips from different tracks that are playing at once together, which makes it much easier to work out harmonies and sequences, fill in - or create - the gaps between instruments, etc.,

- alias / ghost clips - ability to copy a clip in such a way, that any edits to the original will be carried over to its duplicates,

- track grouping - now I know it doesn't make much sense with the 'rack' and 'real hardware' paradigm of Reason, but as a visual thing it helps to get your project organised better, where you can collapse stuff you're not working on anymore or don't want to be distracted by; it's easy to imagine how would that look like in mixer or sequencer, for the rack it could probably take all the relevant devices and put them into their separate vertical column?

- step editor for MIDI - I worked in trackers for years, and basically all DAWs are missing this: ability to move around the piano roll with arrows keys, insert & delete notes with Space, moving existing notes with Shift + arrows, adjusting their length with Alt + arrows, adjusting their velocity with Ctrl + arrows,

- a drafting area - an area, where you can work on some ideas - single clips or combinations thereof - without cluttering and comiting to your main timeline: something like Scratch Pads in Studio One 3.x or Session View in Live / Bitwig (at least that's for what I use them),

- ability to type-in values - as far as I can tell, there's no way to double-click or modifier-key click a knob or fader and dial in specified value, which there should be,

- rack & mixer side by side - while I definitely want the sequencer to take all the screen real estate it can, then for rack and mixer I'd really love the option to have them displayed side-by-side, not one on top of the other, as it is currently - when you work in rack or in mixer, you always focus on just one device or one channel, so that would make total sense to seem them next to each other, especially because both screens are designed to be scrolled vertically;

AttenuationHz

23 Oct 2017

ehmmmm. I want nearly all of that too and all would be welcomed additions for many. Especially type-in values much needed for workflow. On the rack/mixer side by side you can do that no problem by detaching the 3 windows I guess you mean Rack/Mixer sharing the same window that could be handy. I detach all 3 windows myself and use a single rack column and the mixer window to the right. Can't use Reason with all 3 attached just so much going on that you need to see with all 3 attached.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

antic604

23 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
23 Oct 2017
On the rack/mixer side by side you can do that no problem by detaching the 3 windows I guess you mean Rack/Mixer sharing the same window that could be handy.
Yes, exactly. Indeed I need to see whether I can put the detached rack & mixer side by side on a virtual desktop (I work on a single-screen Surface Pro 4) and easily flick between desktops. That would be an acceptable temporary solution.

antic604

27 Oct 2017

I think mods should rename the thread to "Reason 11 feature requests" since we know 10 is "just" 9.5 + new instruments and sample packs?

Looking at my list above, the most pressing - i.e. useful - for me would be layered editing, because it's an important compositional tool. The rest is kind of "quality of life" things and can be either worked around or gotten used to.

Loque

27 Oct 2017

antic604 wrote:
27 Oct 2017
I think mods should rename the thread to "Reason 11 feature requests" since we know 10 is "just" 9.5 + new instruments and sample packs?

Looking at my list above, the most pressing - i.e. useful - for me would be layered editing, because it's an important compositional tool. The rest is kind of "quality of life" things and can be either worked around or gotten used to.
Maybe its too early. We all hope for some 10+ version, that covers at least a few of our all most wanted stuff beside "more, more, more content..." :lol:
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2017

Recover song after crash . Since VST implementation this is a must. So many crashes.
I can't think of anythink more needed than this by now, except combinator 2.0
Just lost a two hour work groove I would eat my keyboard.

Re8et
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2017

satyr32 wrote:
27 Sep 2017
Re8et wrote:
26 Sep 2017

Was??????TE is partnering with PH??
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
That was a wish I had 1 year ago. Not reality.
Oh pity, that would be so cool, Europa resemble in some ways the OP1 wavetable synthesizer with some sounds. just a control RE to remotely control it would be awesome. TE style fx also ubercool.

• Information