Ideas for Reason 10

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Nathanbar

18 May 2016

I had an idea that I thought would be cool. What if they emulate different consoles? Not just the SSL. I think it would be killer if they did the Neve console from Sound City or the EMI console from abbey road studios. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 May 2016

Yeah, we need a Foxtex X-26 cassette 4-Track: everything outside of 1kHz rolled off, 50% brown noise, and 25% wow & flutter.

That said some different "color" modes would probably be nice. In theory we should be able to do that with RV-7000 conundrums but so far all I get is ugly sounds.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Tumble

19 May 2016

Nathanbar wrote:I had an idea that I thought would be cool. What if they emulate different consoles? Not just the SSL. I think it would be killer if they did the Neve console from Sound City or the EMI console from abbey road studios. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd rather they would implement a 'modern' mode toggle for the mixer that would be more like the mixer in Logic or S1.

Noplan
Competition Winner

19 May 2016

A 3d Printer that can print all virtual Reason devices as hardware.

Nathanbar

19 May 2016

Benedict wrote:Yeah, we need a Foxtex X-26 cassette 4-Track: everything outside of 1kHz rolled off, 50% brown noise, and 25% wow & flutter.

That said some different "color" modes would probably be nice. In theory we should be able to do that with RV-7000 conundrums but so far all I get is ugly sounds.

:)
Good idea [emoji362]. Maybe they can make a virtual machine decay so that your pots get noisey and knobs fall off every now and then too...

RandomSkratch

19 May 2016

Noplan wrote:A 3d Printer that can print all virtual Reason devices as hardware.
When Reason was first released I actually looked into making custom MIDI devices that had the same amount of knobs/sliders as the Reason instruments but I never got passed "it's going to be how much and how difficult?... haha

Still think it would be some cool boutique kit.

gak

19 May 2016

Skullture

19 May 2016

gak wrote:Image
Hahaha, this got me :lol:

manisnotabird

20 May 2016

Polyphonic pitch edit.

DJDark2010

22 May 2016

I like to have

Noise Removal (fingerprint)
or a Dolby Noise Reduction RE

maybe a Video RE for scoring

a Kontakt player (or nnxt with kontakt support)

stereofield monitor

fading curves in audio editor

Krell

03 Sep 2017

-Graphical overhaul
Bigger/clearer buttons/graphics/knobs
Scalable for those with poor eyesight
Maybe x1/x2/x3 zoom options for rack devices
Reduce dead space
Generally modernise and rework for high resolution monitors
The SSL mixer is great but virtually unusable at current size (Autozoom area picked, ie compressor section?)

-Update sequencer
-Update audio editing

-Streamline browser
Add favorites/ratings/keywords
Ability to arrange instruments/RE's etc as user preference (ie analog synths, reverbs etc)
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

• Information