Basic Features Come On Props!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
pjeudy

28 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:Full disclosure: still, I actually agree with the majority of your opening suggestions (with the exception of 1. "Labeling a Track Labels the Clip" and 2. "Multiple Spectrum EQ's Openable At Once"). For 1., I have different clip names on a single track, so this would not be effective.
Labeling a Tracks clip Automatically...is one of my biggest request! I see what you mean about different names in different clips. Here's how it might work.

Just like with changing clip colors to match a new track:
If you have a track colored Blue...and then create a clip for that track, then that clip also would be Blue.
If you then drag that blue clip to another track ..say a track colored Red...then there is an option that you can select or deselect that makes the "blue clip" now take on the color of the new Red tarck, the important part is that you can select this feature or deselect it.

So if You like to have many different names, then a simple option to manually set the names could be added.
The reason I need this is because...I usually don't bother with naming Clips until...I have something I want to work on...by then....there are so many clips cut up into pieces...that selecting them all just to add and change names...can be a little anoying
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

selig
RE Developer

28 Dec 2015

IMO the OP's post was perfectly fine. What I would love to see is everyone moving on and getting this thread back on topic please! Nothing to see here, move along...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

28 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:Labeling a Tracks clip Automatically...is one of my biggest request! I see what you mean about different names in different clips. Here's how it might work.

Just like with changing clip colors to match a new track:
If you have a track colored Blue...and then create a clip for that track, then that clip also would be Blue.
If you then drag that blue clip to another track ..say a track colored Red...then there is an option that you can select or deselect that makes the "blue clip" now take on the color of the new Red tarck, the important part is that you can select this feature or deselect it.

So if You like to have many different names, then a simple option to manually set the names could be added.
The reason I need this is because...I usually don't bother with naming Clips until...I have something I want to work on...by then....there are so many clips cut up into pieces...that selecting them all just to add and change names...can be a little anoying
That's not a bad idea. Just as long as various clip names can be changed afterwards, I can see that being useful. This is how a typical clip session looks from me:
clip names.JPG
clip names.JPG (178.12 KiB) Viewed 428 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

28 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote: This is how a typical clip session looks from me:
clip names.JPG
Aah..I see...
So yea the [option to select] route would be best.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information