Combinator 2 :)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
pushedbutton

15 Jan 2016

dioxide wrote:
pushedbutton wrote:I would like a megacombinator that we can put combinators in.
I would like an ubercombinator that we can put megacombinators in.
That would be a Gigacombinator, then you'd put those in a teracombinator, then a petacombinator, then exacombinator, zettacombinator and yottacombinator.
But that would just be silly.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

16 Jan 2016

I'd like the buttons to allow for more than just a 0 and 1 value, for example the ability for them to toggle between four or five filter types. It would free up the knobs a bit more. There should also be four more knobs and buttons.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Loque

16 Jan 2016

Agree to all posts. But i always missed more overview of the assignments, eg.which devices are all controlled by rotary1? Somtimes i got lost over all assigments and have to check all devices after assignment change.

Therfor a different programmer view with rotary to device mapping visible instead of the actual device to rotaries. So the rotaries, buttons and CVs should be listed in the programmer instead of the devices. Just to be clear: i want both views!
Reason12, Win10

pushedbutton

16 Jan 2016

As I've been saying for a while now, it's about time props started using the sides of their devices for more configuration options. Perhaps Ctrl and Tab would get you to the left panel while Alt and Tab would get you to the right panel. The left panel could be for local global settings and the right could be for modifiers. But I'm just typing words, what they mean is up to the devs.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

ghv3

16 Jan 2016

Do the devs even read this stuff?

+1 for the super combi!

AttenuationHz

30 Jul 2016

nscerri wrote:These are the features that I wish to see in an upgraded combinator

1) Double or more the assignable knobs and buttons.
2) Backward compatible.
3) Ability to combine 2 combinators or more.
4) Larger display of the programmer.

Would love to know other ideas.

Noel
Multiple assignable device parameters to knob 1. e.g. two instrument frequency linked on 2 synth leads that will apply the same parameter to each frequency filter
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

10 Aug 2016

Loque wrote:Agree to all posts. But i always missed more overview of the assignments, eg.which devices are all controlled by rotary1? Somtimes i got lost over all assigments and have to check all devices after assignment change.

Therfor a different programmer view with rotary to device mapping visible instead of the actual device to rotaries. So the rotaries, buttons and CVs should be listed in the programmer instead of the devices. Just to be clear: i want both views!
Nah they need to re-map f5/f6/f7 to ctrl+tab ;)

Bypass sets. Could easily do this with the buttons on a combi/channel strip but it would be a nice feature non the less.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

nscerri

12 Apr 2017

Thanks guys for all your input. Propellerhead I guess it is time to update combinator ;)

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

jamiefbolton

19 Apr 2017

Emian wrote:all of the above mentioned !

& 8 rotaries, 8 faders & 8 knobs.
Ability to add faders knobs and buttons as needed. Two or twenty? Whatever you need or you computer will run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamiefbolton

19 Apr 2017

Heater wrote:We have been asking for a improved combinator for a decade now. It's not going to happen.
Yeah why would Props listen to us? They need to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creativemind

22 Apr 2017

Yes they should.

That pizza thing is freaky.

Somebody put an amazing new combinatory design on a thread on the old puf. It was awesome. Wish that person would show up here and post the same pic / design. ;-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

scratchnsnifff

28 Apr 2017

More rotaries!!!' If I have an LFO and I want all to be tidy, I am limited to only 4 knobs, I know I could use the mix channel for more effects but I try to keep it all in the combinator to keep the sequencer clean and neat, if we had 6 or 8 knobs or buttons I'd be happy, but my wants are always changing haha
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

pushedbutton

16 May 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:More rotaries!!!' If I have an LFO and I want all to be tidy, I am limited to only 4 knobs, I know I could use the mix channel for more effects but I try to keep it all in the combinator to keep the sequencer clean and neat, if we had 6 or 8 knobs or buttons I'd be happy, but my wants are always changing haha
And then props come along with a totally different way of solving the problem that you'd never even think of and you're left wondering why you ever wanted it.

scratchnsnifff

17 May 2017

pushedbutton wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:More rotaries!!!' If I have an LFO and I want all to be tidy, I am limited to only 4 knobs, I know I could use the mix channel for more effects but I try to keep it all in the combinator to keep the sequencer clean and neat, if we had 6 or 8 knobs or buttons I'd be happy, but my wants are always changing haha
And then props come along with a totally different way of solving the problem that you'd never even think of and you're left wondering why you ever wanted it.

Hahaha that is how it goes :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

17 May 2017

Connecting the rotaries via cv is not enough I think.
You really should be able to make a bigger combi out of smaller ones : /

Still trying to think of workarounds for that...hm...
Shit spiders or a rack extension are all I can think of for that.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

siln

20 May 2017

include a line mixer and a few lfo inside the combinator

Marco Raaphorst

20 May 2017

meters for in- and output in peaks and rms

TheMiles

20 May 2017

two words : customizable UI :)

The Props have taken some time and i feel like i KNOW, there's a new Combi up in the PHead's sleeve. Its gonna be waaay batter then just more Buttons. I bet its going to have a fully customizable Interface with sliders, knobs and dials maybe even displays :)

nscerri

21 May 2017

TheMiles wrote:two words : customizable UI :)

The Props have taken some time and i feel like i KNOW, there's a new Combi up in the PHead's sleeve. Its gonna be waaay batter then just more Buttons. I bet its going to have a fully customizable Interface with sliders, knobs and dials maybe even displays :)
Hope you're right ;)

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

AttenuationHz

02 Jun 2017

More programmable knobs + buttons on a mix channel/combinator or the ability to add knobs at the cost of the size of the mix channel/combinator on the rack. big +1

Fix the lag when changing the min/max value on show programmer or just add the ability to input the value manually when you double click on it.
Mix channel Lag.gif
Mix channel Lag.gif (444.57 KiB) Viewed 2728 times

syrokitty

05 Jun 2017

An idea I had awhile back is rather than having to deal with a finite number of possible CV inputs -- what if the programmer source/ destination drop downs populated with any source/ destination available in the combined devices? Add to that an unlimited number of slots and I think we'd be set.

Oh yeah, and a scale source column. <--- This is absolutely necessary.

Oquasec

06 Jun 2017

The spider devices should have allowed you to select whatever was connected to them in the dropdown menu come to think of it.
You gotta use CV or audio in's/outs with multiple combis if you want to add more knobs to control.
Producer/Programmer.

AttenuationHz

06 Jun 2017

I already suggested up a few posts but here it is again if it made no sense. Combining targets on the same device to the same rotary. So the ability to add a 2nd 3rd 4th etc. target to a rotary.

For instance Source malstorm1> target 1> frequency filter 1 >target 2 > frequency filter 2 with min/max values for each target added and maybe a little check box to use min/max for all targets.

also if the combinator does get updated the slot between master section and hardware interface should be unlocked to allow for a combinator to be moved/inserted there for a master chain to output!

AttenuationHz

07 Jun 2017

Holy shit I just realised after all these years of using a combinator you can add 2 extra functions to the default combinator/mix channel rotary/buttons. Up to 10 functions can be added to the same button or rotary. :oops: :oops:

Oquasec

07 Jun 2017

lol.But yep they meant combining combi's which is possible with cv, rack extensions or attaching separate ones together with rpg-8's.
Found that feature in 5, but you want more knobs so use an re or the methods.
Producer/Programmer.

• Information