Combinator 2 :)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
nscerri

28 Nov 2015

These are the features that I wish to see in an upgraded combinator

1) Double or more the assignable knobs and buttons.
2) Backward compatible.
3) Ability to combine 2 combinators or more.
4) Larger display of the programmer.

Would love to know other ideas.

Noel

eusti

28 Nov 2015

Many more CV inputs and lines in the programmer...

D.

Creativemind

01 Dec 2015

nscerri wrote:These are the features that I wish to see in an upgraded combinator

1) Double or more the assignable knobs and buttons.
2) Backward compatible.
3) Ability to combine 2 combinators or more.
4) Larger display of the programmer.

Would love to know other ideas.

Noel
Number 4 could be dealt with with another good feature that could be incorporated into Reason. Zooming in on the rack. :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

nscerri

01 Dec 2015

Yeaaaahh that would be awesome :)

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Emian

01 Dec 2015

all of the above mentioned !

& 8 rotaries, 8 faders & 8 knobs.

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

theshoemaker

04 Dec 2015

Zooming works nice on the Mac, when you use the Mac OS facility... As for the Combinator 2. Also add custom displays, where I can display properties or other information. More routings Right now there are 10 possible slots on the right side. Definitely more assignable inputs
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Vince-Noir-99

08 Dec 2015

A couple of logical voice allocation options.
A reset button in the matrix Thor-style.

Tumble

12 Dec 2015

- option for snap-to-value type knobs (like the ratio dial on the SSL mastercomp)
- different themes (not just background) based on analog compressors/synths/whatever.

deepndark

12 Dec 2015

10 setting storage buttons for the top of the combinator. (allows us to a/b between the different combi settings)
A possibility to assign knobs/buttons to combinator by right clicking on the knobs/buttons of any instrument/effect.

philosurfer

15 Dec 2015

im asking for up to 64 knobs, buttons and cv inputs... I hate chaining these things together :)

theshoemaker

18 Dec 2015

deepndark wrote:A possibility to assign knobs/buttons to combinator by right clicking on the knobs/buttons of any instrument/effect.
Great Idea! I'd in general appreciate Modifier keys/key combinations. How about, when you hold a key combination and then click the control it gets assigned to the selected field in the combinator. That would imply another change. Create a selected marker for the currently selected control.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Heater

18 Dec 2015

We have been asking for a improved combinator for a decade now. It's not going to happen.

True

18 Dec 2015

What I would like to see (which I think would address many of these requests) is some kind of sub-combinator. That is, some way to have multiple combinators saved and functioning together.

For example, let's say you have a vocal track with some complex FX setup in the insert section. Then you decide you want to load the stock de-esser combinator into it. You can't; you have to load it into a separate combinator or else lose everything you already have loaded. What would be nice is if, say, that de-esser could be loaded into a sub-combinator (which could not hold other sub-combinators) inside the main combinator, and the controls that would normally be on the de-esser combinator are added to the main combinator.

This approach would inherently be backward compatible, though I am not claiming to have thought through all the potentials issues that might arise from it.
Last edited by True on 18 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Soul One

18 Dec 2015

Having the knobs and buttons work bidirectionally (though I don´t have a clue how to implement this when a knob controls multiple things with different min and max values)...
MV-8800 · MPC 1000 · SP-303 · SP-404 · Maschine Studio · Maschine MK1 · REAPER
Wood side panels, parts & upgrades for Maschine and the MPC range

Olivier

18 Dec 2015

A more extensive CV and Audio patchbay.

Multiple CV in's and outs on the back and the programmer.
Multiple audio In's and outs on the back and the programmer.
The ability to route signals in between those 2 patchbays via the programmer by use of some kind of mod-matrix.

The ability to label all the in and outputs.

A meter that can display either input, output or the difference between 2 chosen ins and outs.

At least double the number of buttons and rotaries.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

raccoonboy

23 Dec 2015

Definetly rotary switches that would be so cool

joeyluck

23 Dec 2015

raccoonboy wrote:Definetly rotary switches that would be so cool
I agree that would be great.

I don't need more buttons or knobs or CV connections... What I'd like is just more functionality of what's there.
Such as: knobs being able to act like switches and buttons being able to operate like radio buttons.

I very rarely assign much when I use Combinator because often the controls don't represent well the parameters in which I have assigned them.

If I assign a knob now to control something such as the pattern select knob/switch of the ABL3 or the Damage Type on Scream4, the Combinator knob still moves freely between 0-127. And the patterns/next parameter will engage as you reach different values (which also don't display intuitively).

Before we get more, I'd like to see what we have get better. Or if both can happen at the same time—great. As it stands now, I mostly use Combinators simply to combine instruments because much of the time the way I want to control things doesn't work the way I'd like.

satyr32

25 Dec 2015

I would like to see that the Combinator buttons show the actual value of the assigned knob, instead of 0-127 e.g. 40Hz to 20Khz.
Maybe also if you for example assign a LFO Speed knob to the Combinator Rotary and the knob only has 4 values (1/4, 1/8. 1/16, 1/32) I would like to see that the Rotary Knob only has 4 positions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Pinkbox

25 Dec 2015

satyr32 wrote:I would like to see that the Combinator buttons show the actual value of the assigned knob, instead of 0-127 e.g. 40Hz to 20Khz.
This would be great for ANY device...

Jagwah

26 Dec 2015

I want a better Combinator too even if it's just more CV inputs and more programmable spaces in the matrix.

For a while now this has been one of the top requests so it's a good bet this may be coming soon.

Jagwah

26 Dec 2015

satyr32 wrote:I would like to see that the Combinator buttons show the actual value of the assigned knob, instead of 0-127 e.g. 40Hz to 20Khz.
Maybe also if you for example assign a LFO Speed knob to the Combinator Rotary and the knob only has 4 values (1/4, 1/8. 1/16, 1/32) I would like to see that the Rotary Knob only has 4 positions.
All of this would be awesome!

pushedbutton

15 Jan 2016

I would like a megacombinator that we can put combinators in.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

dioxide

15 Jan 2016

pushedbutton wrote:I would like a megacombinator that we can put combinators in.
I would like an ubercombinator that we can put megacombinators in.

pushedbutton

15 Jan 2016

OMG I want a Pizza Pizza!
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information