MY Feature Request :-)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
pjeudy

04 Nov 2015

No long speeches straight to the point:

1.Automatic naming in sequencer lane!!!
Automatic naming.png
Automatic naming.png (23.07 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
There are times when you might have chopped up those notes at different sections on the sequencer timeline, if it automatically names those lanes..then there wouldn't be any: 1) click drag to highlight- 2) right click- 3) select add label- 4)then add label- )5 hit enter to confirm....Five steps would be eliminated...for WORKFLOW !

2. Renaming Labels.
Why do we need to:
1.right click
2. remove labels
3.then right click again to rename :shock:
Why not an edit label ? I might just want to add some text to a whole sequence
Remove labels from clicp.jpg
Remove labels from clicp.jpg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
3.Frequency Root note/ Octave Range on Spectrum eq
Isn't there a place where you could add a FREQUENCY root note INDICATOR and Octave range on the SSL Spectrum display ?
Frquency root note.png
Frquency root note.png (95.58 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Last edited by pjeudy on 08 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

pjeudy

08 Nov 2015

Snap to Scroll Indicator
I don't always need to snap to the grid...would be very useful to snap to the scroll indicator or Read head instead
snap to scroll indicator.png
snap to scroll indicator.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
Moving entire loop bars
No need to always move the left and right loop indicators if we could simply highlight loop regions and move them!
moving entire loop bar.png
moving entire loop bar.png (12.93 KiB) Viewed 1153 times

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Last edited by pjeudy on 08 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Olivier

08 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote: 2. Renaming Labels.
Why do we need to:
1.right click
2. remove labels
I don't... I Just doubleclick on the label itself, it opens an edit box ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

pjeudy

08 Nov 2015

eauhm wrote:
Why do we need to:
1.right click
2. remove labels
The attachment Remove labels from clicp.jpg is no longer available
I understand but here's the problem.... you slice up the note lanes in to several chunks ..as you are building a track...then naming thing may not be what you do first... but after ..you find yourself having to grab all the piece simply to name or rename them...if the Sequencer track lanes ..would simply Read the name of the Chanel strip and add it to the track lane...then that would be very helpful and improve workflow.
What you described above only works with one selection at a time.

example....You should be able to have the option to rename one..to rename them all...without having to drag and select them all!
in order to name those new clips I know to deselect what already named....but this could be done much smoother with an option to name/rename/edit the the entire lane with out selecting all the clips in the lane.
Attachments
naming and renaming.png
naming and renaming.png (70.67 KiB) Viewed 1155 times

Olivier

08 Nov 2015

I understand your point :)
Personally, i don't want all my clips to be named, only the odd one out, i guess thats why i've never bumped into this issue. but to each his own ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

pjeudy

08 Nov 2015

eauhm wrote:I understand your point :)
Personally, i don't want all my clips to be named, only the odd one out, i guess thats why i've never bumped into this issue. but to each his own ;)
to each his own is correct! But the KEY point here is having the OPTION! Not replacing it completely.
A simple option that each person can check off on there own that says (Automatically name seq lanes) would be best option!

Creativemind

09 Nov 2015

eauhm wrote:
Why do we need to:
1.right click
2. remove labels
Same here....but I do agree. Just label the clip with whatever you label the track as. Save a lot of messing about, and if you want a different name on the clip itself, double click, delete current name, retype. Jobs a good'en.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

09 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote: Moving entire loop bars
No need to always move the left and right loop indicators if we could simply highlight loop regions and move them!

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Pjeudy, Are you talking about getting rid of the left / right locators, or as well as? both would be great.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

pjeudy

09 Nov 2015

:cry:
Creativemind wrote:

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Pjeudy, Are you talking about getting rid of the left / right locators, or as well as? both would be great.
Nah...it could stay but, I sometimes want to loop the same 4 bars in another region for example...... drag and move as another OPTION is faster better for work flow.

Exowildebeest

09 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote::cry:
Creativemind wrote:

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Nah...it could stay but, I sometimes want to loop the same 4 bars in another region for example...... drag and move as another OPTION is faster better for work flow.
I seem to remember you can select a clip and press a certain key, then it automatically sets the loop locators at the start and end of that clip.

Can't remember which key it is though, anyone? :roll:

selig
RE Developer

09 Nov 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

TO BE CONTINUED.....
I seem to remember you can select a clip and press a certain key, then it automatically sets the loop locators at the start and end of that clip.

Command L will loop the selected clip, "P" will loop AND play it (I use this one all the time).
Option plus the up/down arrows will move both of the loop markers forward/backward by the length of the loop.
Is this what you were asking about?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

pjeudy

09 Nov 2015

selig wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:
Creativemind wrote:

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Command L will loop the selected clip, "P" will loop AND play it (I use this one all the time).
Option plus the up/down arrows will move both of the loop markers forward/backward by the length of the loop.
Is this what you were asking about?
:)
Question Selig if I say have a whole 4 minutes track (not a small clip) then select a 2 bar loop using the "L" and "R" indicator, there is a short cut, option (Ctrl) up or down arrow moves the same 2 bar loop left or right on the time line?

If that's the case then it good start "only."..because I'm guessing to get to a specific part on the time line would mean constantly pushing that arrow until you get there...as apposed to grabbing and quickly moving it there. Still A better alternative then simply using the "L" "R" thanks, But a grab/drag option would be good also :thumbs_up:

• Information