Quantize 1/24 not Available also in Reason 8

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Ozzy

20 Oct 2015

I'm facing a big issue when it comes to Quantize my Drums or the rest of Tracks when i tried to make my song as my best quantize that can make my things goes smoothly is the Quantize 1/24 when I'm working on 4/4 and its not there why? :?

recently i changed the timing to 12/8 and Quantaize on BAR and all is good but that make me took more time to get the correct tempo
Im wondering is it hard on Propeller heads to add that :?:

also on Making Reggae music im facing the same issue unless i used the Regroove Mixer why not to make them all easy as the rest of software like Logic

your advice and feedback will be highly appreciated

Best regards

Alkua

20 Oct 2015

I think is 1/24 = 16T

ScuzzyEye

20 Oct 2015

Alkua wrote:I think is 1/24 = 16T
I will confirm.

1/24*1 = 1/16*2/3

Ozzy

22 Oct 2015

I tired 16t but the same Issue

gak

24 Oct 2015

FWIW, I've had some strange issues in similar situations. It's a fine line between x vs y here.

IF the OP is getting at something that used to happen w/o issue, and the "new" version is not doing the same, we need to kick props asses into getting it right ;)

selig
RE Developer

24 Oct 2015

Ozzy wrote:I tired 16t but the same Issue
I've not understood what the issue is here in the first place. 1/24 would be 24 equally spaced notes per 4/4 bar, and that's exactly what 16t gives you either with ReDrum, Matrix, RPG8, or Quantize.

I don't see any "X" vs "Y" happening here, so I'm not sure what the "fine line" between the two could be.

Maybe provide an example of what you're expecting vs what you're not getting in this case?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

24 Oct 2015

If you can't seem to get the quantize options you are looking for, I would suggest adjusting the tempo and/or time signature.
For example, if your song is 100bpm and you doubled the tempo to 200bpm but still treated the song as if it was 100bpm, you effectively just doubled the amount of note slots available. And by changing the time signature you can enable a lot of other timing oddities you may not expect.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information