Ability to pay in euros OR dollars?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Tincture

13 Oct 2015

No biggy but I'm interested in this. The currency of Sweden is the Krona not the Euro. But I guess for various reasons they decided to allow payment to the shop as US dollars or Euros.

I have seen arguments relating to VAT given as why I, as a UK citizen, must pay in Euros and not dollars. Does anyone with actual knowledge of these issues know if there is any legal reason why I can't pay in dollars rather than euros?

Right now...
$39 = £25.62
E39 = £29.12

13.7 % difference.

IMO I should be able to choose to pay in dollars if I wish. If there is a legal argument why I can't, I'd like to be reliably informed :)

zeebot

13 Oct 2015

That is a good point!
Seen as us UKers, like other european countries with their own currency should have a choice as to what currency we wish to pay in.
There is probably a clause somewhere that people in europe (no matter currency) pay in euros.
I wonder what options users from other parts of the world non euro/U.S have?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Olivier

13 Oct 2015

Europeans have to pay sales tax. Sales tax is incorporated into the Euro price.
All other countries don't pay sales tax and therefor pay in dollars.
To compare the two correctly and see what the difference is that the Dev's get for both sales, first deduct sales tax from the euro price.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Tincture

13 Oct 2015

Yes, this is the argument I have heard before. I guess I'll try and look up the legalese.

• Information