Differentiation between application and project!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
chimp_spanner

19 Sep 2015

Having to keep at least one project open in order to keep the app open is kind of strange! I'd love to see a system whereby Reason is more like a container (With a title bar that sits at the top of the screen with all your common file/edit/window stuff and then the project files load into that. I keep accidentally closing Reason when all I wanted to do was switch projects :lol:

Tincture

19 Sep 2015

Completely agree, I've always found it odd and slightly annoying. If I'm trying to find an old project I'll often just use windows explorer to just double click and open the file before closing and trying the next.

QVprod

19 Sep 2015

Actually Reason does function like this on OSX. Must be a Windows issue.

gak

21 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Having to keep at least one project open in order to keep the app open is kind of strange! I'd love to see a system whereby Reason is more like a container (With a title bar that sits at the top of the screen with all your common file/edit/window stuff and then the project files load into that. I keep accidentally closing Reason when all I wanted to do was switch projects :lol:
Yep. And having several open to switch from introduces issues on the CPU.

yamguitar

13 Oct 2015

Hm, moot on Mac... Does sound annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

normen

13 Oct 2015

It indeed works like that on mac. If I'd put my thinking hat on and wanted to "solve" this in windows there'd either have to be some kind of overall main window in which the single project windows would open (kinda like in word -which would cause issues with using multiple monitors or even multiple monitors at different resolutions) or there'd have to be some small main app window from where you can open separate project windows. Another solution would be having a system tray icon that keeps Reason open in the background and lets you open projects from the system tray. Because on windows without a window or a system tray icon theres no application (that the user has access to).

jonheal

13 Oct 2015

normen wrote:It indeed works like that on mac. If I'd put my thinking hat on and wanted to "solve" this in windows there'd either have to be some kind of overall main window in which the single project windows would open (kinda like in word -which would cause issues with using multiple monitors or even multiple monitors at different resolutions) or there'd have to be some small main app window from where you can open separate project windows. Another solution would be having a system tray icon that keeps Reason open in the background and lets you open projects from the system tray. Because on windows without a window or a system tray icon theres no application (that the user has access to).
I've got a program called FireDaemon that let's you run "any" application as a Windows Service. I think I will try it with Reason ... just to see what will happen.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

• Information