Hands up for a reason auto save project state feature !!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
submonsterz

30 Aug 2015

As the title says how many would like props to implement an auto save feature that save a projects state at time of auto save ...
I have just had a power cut (more a surge as it was an off on power cut here) here and have just lost on an hors worth of remixing a track for someone I was on finished just needed eq and little mix down job done... I`ve lost it to the moment I opened his so many bar loop I made a full track out of and did all the note corrections and sound designs of the instruments and drums I added gutted makes me look a twat .... A s I have now got to tell him that track you was itching fingers for ain`t coming tonight now I have just lost it all as I stupidly forgot to save for nearly an hour ... I mean come on props I should need to save my stuff and when big projects have to sit and wait for it to save the whole bloody thing I haven't got time when I`m in a rush I need it saving just project state regular in the back ground simple job done.
Who else would find it very use full and not so pain full on larger projects here?.

pLansford

30 Aug 2015

Yeah that would be great. I'm constantly hitting Ctrl-S like a maniac.

submonsterz

30 Aug 2015

pLansford wrote:Yeah that would be great. I'm constantly hitting Ctrl-S like a maniac.
yeah but its not good when working with stems and they are not trimmed and stupid reason keeps em huge as it don't cut the silence and not count the data size in it, it just saves it as if there was data there... and then quick saving just becomes a shit saving all that data over and over every time its a show stopper for me.
suppose I should make it first port of call with stems etc and cut them all delete the bloat rinse and repeat sections to save space and save times and save first timea after all cuts and repeats made . I never learn I suppose.

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2015

I just made a habit that I do a Ctrl-S every time I do anything remotely interesting. I don't even think about it. Setting an Auto-Save is fine (and I'd leave it on) but it won't necessarily catch what you just did.

Besides why should we need it as Reason doesn't crash (except when power goes out).
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

Benedict wrote:
Besides why should we need it as Reason doesn't crash (except when power goes out).
Reason crashes ALL THE TIME. Three times in about six years here from perhaps 10,000 launches. Unacceptable figures ! :lol:

Actually my computer crashes sometimes due to some conflict with that piece of shit Balance interface. If there is an unsaved project session open it will actually ask me if I want to restore it. I rarely do, but have a vague memory that it may not restore it fully.
My Words are my ART

michal22

02 Sep 2015

I'm surprised this proposal. I never lost my songs. I do not even push CTRL + S. I save the project when I finish work. I had a problem only with AudioToCV RE but Reason made it possible to save the project.

Reason has many flaws, but the stability is its great advantage.
That is, at least in my case.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

submonsterz

02 Sep 2015

I think almost all of you actually miss the whole point it's not about crashes and power cuts specifically .
It is about file sizes and the utter time waste and flow killer when working on large file sizes .
8m shure if any of you get full track stems sent regularly or work on tracks with stems (audio) and you have many of them ie all drums split to a channel all instruments and vocals you can at times be pushing up to a gigabyte etc in size .
When you save in reason it saves the whole thing every time and it also destroys your undo on every save.
Project state would be like saving just the changes not the whole lot and would also be a way to have SAVED undo.
To me 8 can't be sitting waiting for a gig file size to save everytime just 8ncase reason crashes and it does now more than it ever did with the invention of res or like as above I didn't keep pressing save throughout the project because of the it don't like saving huge files with lots of pluggs running and playing and editing at the time it's saving.
Now maybe you understand project state saves now :).
So not such a funny request after all.

Creativemind

07 Sep 2015

submonsterz wrote:
pLansford wrote:Yeah that would be great. I'm constantly hitting Ctrl-S like a maniac.
yeah but its not good when working with stems and they are not trimmed and stupid reason keeps em huge as it don't cut the silence and not count the data size in it, it just saves it as if there was data there... and then quick saving just becomes a shit saving all that data over and over every time its a show stopper for me.
suppose I should make it first port of call with stems etc and cut them all delete the bloat rinse and repeat sections to save space and save times and save first timea after all cuts and repeats made . I never learn I suppose.
Yeah but obviously you could turn it off?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

07 Sep 2015

I would like this feature. Also an Undo Events List a must.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

VOIDMONIKER

12 Aug 2017

I would like that too.. reason is plenty stable.. Windows 10 is a jerk.. (your computer ran into a problem and needs to close.. bye bye work. Ah well crap happens.. I wan only working on it for about 4 hours. And yes.. I was so into it that I didn't save. And the (rescue) file only contained the sample and none of the midi data or instruments I was working with.

Marc64

12 Aug 2017

+1 on this. Now I also press ctrl+shift+s so I save a new file. I want to be able to go back to the previous one if the current gets too messed up :P

• Information