More Rotaries on the Combinator

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
eustusmusic

29 Aug 2015

Simple & Obvious

michal22

02 Sep 2015

Yes I agree.
8 should be a minimum.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Jagwah

02 Sep 2015

Yes, and users have been asking for it for years. It's quite disheartening to think of a feature that would be very useful then think about how many years it will be before you might possibly see it in Reason if you ever do. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Creativemind

07 Sep 2015

Yeah 16 Rotaries and buttons I've seen mentioned on the old Props Forums. Someone did an absolute awesome drawing of a new 16 Rotary and Buttoned combi that was quite frankly, magnificent.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

submonsterz

07 Sep 2015

just like most things in reason the modular idea is just not that modular when its restricted so badly = big fail

Heater

07 Sep 2015

I too have repeatedly asked for this. Surely it would not be that hard to have a user selectable option for how many rotaries there would be.

sot

10 Sep 2015

that plus combinator inside combinator
:reason: 10

eusti

10 Sep 2015

Can we have more lines for programming as well, please?

D.

joeyluck

10 Sep 2015

I must be doing it all wrong lol. I only use the Combinators to combine instruments. I rarely even assign the buttons and knobs and do very little programming if I do. Are folks who use the Combinator for in-depth programming mostly using it for live use?

eusti

10 Sep 2015

I use this more when I make combinators for others to use or for later... It's like making a new instrument in those cases...

D.

grumo

10 Sep 2015

eusti wrote:I use this more when I make combinators for others to use or for later... It's like making a new instrument in those cases...
Exactly, for easier access to certain parameters of the devices inside the combi that you know/think are going to be used more, instead of having to unfold the combi and find the knob/button/slider you want to tweak. And the buttons can also be assigned to knobs/sliders of devices inside the combi, so you can, for example, double/half the speed of an LFO that controls a chorus or a tremolo, or the time of a delay :)

That's why we need more knobs and buttons, I also think 16 would of each would be nice :D :ugeek:

Soundcloud // download 'Gracias' on Bandcamp // Facebook

Reasonistas
RE Developer

10 Sep 2015

ImageImageImage

michal22

10 Oct 2015

Super combinator:
Control is via touch panel - as CV Suite Vectorizer. At each corner of the touch panel is the memory bank: Bank A, Bank B, Bank C and Bank D. You create your own devices in Combinator and set the parameters of the devices as you want. Now you press the right mouse button on the Combinator and choose option - save all parameters in the bank A. Now you change the parameters of the devices in combinator and choose option - save all parameters in the bank B. You can set things up this way also other memory banks. Now, by moving a finger, or the cursor on the touch panel, you can customize sound effect or instrument. You can create rich and complex (complicated) passage. In the future, the Combinator will support touch screens.

Programming the current combinator is not easy and enjoyable. You need to lose a lot of time when entering parameters. New (touch) combinator would be very easy to use and very effective.

In the future, instead of rectangular or square touch it rains, you can develop the concept of the new shape of the touch panel (eg. A hexagon) with six memory banks. Amazing opportunity.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

• Information