PH users only use MAC books and only write at 128.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
freeQlow

15 Jul 2015

Yeah, so when will we get an android app?

I will never own an iPhone, Ipad, Ipod, itunes, Mac or anything greedy Jobs took to his maker with him.

PC and Android.... Seriously.

I may be done ranting

Vyckeil

16 Jul 2015

Android doesn't have the audio support to make Take and Figure viable. It would be a development nightmare to start porting the apps.

A few of my friends are web devs and say that Android is a sinkhole where all your time disappears. Web developers complaining here, nevermind complex apps like Props make. As long as Google won't establish proper standards, you can forget it. There are simply too many devices, all with varying hardware that make compatibility testing crazy.

freeQlow

16 Jul 2015

Ask your friends about the new Samsung OS, if it shows any promise..

Thanks for the post!

jappe

16 Jul 2015

Vyckeil wrote:Android doesn't have the audio support to make Take and Figure viable. It would be a development nightmare to start porting the apps.

A few of my friends are web devs and say that Android is a sinkhole where all your time disappears. Web developers complaining here, nevermind complex apps like Props make. As long as Google won't establish proper standards, you can forget it. There are simply too many devices, all with varying hardware that make compatibility testing crazy.
But if they wanted, they could make another superb app if they adapt to the limitations of Android. Just change the paradigm!
Caustic and Sunvox are two EXCELLENT apps that works just fine on both IOS and Android.
I think the Prop's are just lazy.

esselfortium

16 Jul 2015

jappe wrote:
Vyckeil wrote:Android doesn't have the audio support to make Take and Figure viable. It would be a development nightmare to start porting the apps.

But if they wanted, they could make another superb app if they adapt to the limitations of Android. Just change the paradigm!
Caustic and Sunvox are two EXCELLENT apps that works just fine on both IOS and Android.
Yeah, they're really asleep at the wheel simultaneously developing a DAW, a plugin format with multiple SDKs, several iOS music programs, a music-sharing web service, and their own first-party plugins, native devices, and sound libraries. When are they going to stop being so lazy and start doing things I want?

:roll:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Vyckeil

16 Jul 2015

esselfortium wrote: Yeah, they're really asleep at the wheel simultaneously developing a DAW, a plugin format with multiple SDKs, several iOS music programs, a music-sharing web service, and their own first-party plugins, native devices, and sound libraries. When are they going to stop being so lazy and start doing things I want?

Pretty much this.
freeQlow wrote:Ask your friends about the new Samsung OS, if it shows any promise..

Thanks for the post!
You should inform yourself about software development because I'm getting the feeling you don't know much. Samsung has very little to do with the OS apart from creating apps for specific hardware they put in their phones. It's easy to complain and whine about missing features when you know so little about a subject, let alone managing a company. If you're not satisfied with the current product, there's nothing to stop you from buying another one.

I've been eyeing StudioOne 3, it looks crazy good. It scales to 4K, has a scratchpad (kind of like Blocks but much better implemented), a combi for VSTs with 8 knobs and buttons, etc. I don't care what Props is doing, they have a vision of how things should be and I let them do it. As it stands, I'm at Reason 7 not upgrading unless they entice me further. My money will simply go elsewhere, but it won't mean I won't enjoy Reason any less.

jappe

16 Jul 2015

esselfortium wrote:
jappe wrote:

Yeah, they're really asleep at the wheel simultaneously developing a DAW, a plugin format with multiple SDKs, several iOS music programs, a music-sharing web service, and their own first-party plugins, native devices, and sound libraries. When are they going to stop being so lazy and start doing things I want?

Well if I'd seen better excuses from them for not making apps on the Android platform then I wouldn't have had to be unfair to them by calling them lazy :puf_smile:
They address the topic in their FAQ:
https://www.propellerheads.se/landing-p ... rhead/faq/
What about Android support?
We would love to, but unfortunately Android is not yet suitable for real-time music apps like Take and Figure. We're keeping a close eye at the Android OS development, but unfortunately we don't have a time frame for when it will be possible for us to make our apps for Android too.
Why are they hell bent on making only real-time apps?

Just some ideas for Android apps they could do:
Thor.
Any Other Reason Synth.
Interactive Tutorials for the Reason Device apps they make for Android.
Reason Song Wizard, which files can be exported and loaded from Reason.
Many other things!
Damn this is worth a separate thread.

Perhaps they can convince Alexander Zolotov or some other Android music app genious to make their Android apps for them if they don't have the time to do it themselves:
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/

Anyway, they're not lazy, but their decisions sometimes confuse me until the day I see and understand the rationale for their decisions.

freeQlow

16 Jul 2015

It's easy to complain and whine about missing features when you know so little about a subject,
Please explain what I'm complaining about, whining about and why I need to learn about software development GOD
Enlighten me!
let alone managing a company.
I can tell you're in some computer job/career. You're snarkiness tells me, you don't see too many people outside whatever it is you do.
Tell me Mr. CEO, how does one manage a company?
Your lack of communication with humans gives you the entitlement sense and your lack of experience managing gives you a Napoleon Complex.
Let me be blunt. You have no idea who you're talking to that way and I can guarantee you, whatever mobile app or video game desk job you have comes nowhere near what I generate for the business I do manage.

Show me how much sales you've done and business accounts you've retained in the last 5 years.
If you come to within half of what I've done, I'll either hire you on the spot or buy you a copy of Studio One 3.
If you're not satisfied with the current product, there's nothing to stop you from buying another one.
Thanks for reminding I have the freedom to choose.
Just like I had the choice to respond to your snark quoted replies

freeQlow

16 Jul 2015

As a business owner that has nothing to do with Reason Feature Requests or music, I took your online EQ personally.

Telling me I don't know how to manage my business without knowing anything about me, yeah. You're definitely the guy to teach me about business and marketing management.

Not sure you're qualified though. Coming on a mobile app request post and bringing business management up made you almost sound smart. You did say I should inform myself but the members before gave me a better understanding.

Why did you even post?
Other than telling me what I should do if I want to complain and telling me what I clearly do not know, it was all about you, no explanation why you haven't upgraded to Reason 8 or why you've been eyeing Presonus.

Could it be your financial situation oh mighty mobile app reason 7 demigod?

I put my money on yes!

Send me your resume if that's the case, I like to work with the smart ones ;-)

ravisoni

16 Jul 2015

LOL, let's give all the snarkiness a rest. To the original question - we (most of us anyway) don't know.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Vyckeil

16 Jul 2015

freeQlow wrote:As a business owner that has nothing to do with Reason Feature Requests or music, I took your online EQ personally.

Telling me I don't know how to manage my business without knowing anything about me, yeah. You're definitely the guy to teach me about business and marketing management.

Not sure you're qualified though. Coming on a mobile app request post and bringing business management up made you almost sound smart. You did say I should inform myself but the members before gave me a better understanding.

Why did you even post?
Other than telling me what I should do if I want to complain and telling me what I clearly do not know, it was all about you, no explanation why you haven't upgraded to Reason 8 or why you've been eyeing Presonus.

Could it be your financial situation oh mighty mobile app reason 7 demigod?

I put my money on yes!

Send me your resume if that's the case, I like to work with the smart ones ;-)
Jesus man, my comment wasn't a personal attack and you took bits of information out of context to feel offended and victimize yourself. Grow up.

Re-read my comment, misworded while talking at in the larger sense. In any case, I'm done with this thread.

Sinistereo

16 Jul 2015

I'm with you on wanting Android versions of the Props apps. My life is an Apple-free zone (except for the edible varieties).

The biggest barrier to seeing these apps on Android is the lack of low latency audio APIs and hardware support. Apple has total control over their very expensive devices, and wisely responded to the trend of audio and video apps by giving developers high quality, responsive, and low latency audio capability across the iOS ecosystem.

Android runs on Yugo to Maserati quality devices, and until very recently (versions L and M) had no support for low latency, high quality audio. Simply wasn't a priority for Google. Now that support is trickling in, we'll start to see real-time audio apps on Android.

However, it will take a while. Less than 10% of Android devices run L or M, and only a fraction of those devices have hardware support for high quality, low latency audio. Those of us who produce music AND use Android are a small minority... but Props would be crazy to not have some plan for entering our market in the next two to three years.

Sinistereo

16 Jul 2015

jappe wrote: Why are they hell bent on making only real-time apps?

Thor.
Any Other Reason Synth.
And both of these are examples of real-time apps. 250ms of latency would be brutal.

freeQlow

17 Jul 2015

ravisoni wrote:LOL, let's give all the snarkiness a rest. To the original question - we (most of us anyway) don't know.
I'm not alone?

I feel a little smarter getting someone elses insights though. Some good posts here. Apologies for taking the bait.
Offer still stands though, I'm hiring!

I'm constantly on the road and sometimes miss just putting together little rhythms or melodies in my head.
I took someones advice and downloaded the free app Audiod.
It feels like Rebirth with the 4 different modules.

Anybody reading this use Audioid and upgraded from the free version?
Anybody else find it more than fun? Is it a creative tool while on the go?

jappe

17 Jul 2015

Sinistereo wrote:
jappe wrote: Why are they hell bent on making only real-time apps?

Thor.
Any Other Reason Synth.
And both of these are examples of real-time apps. 250ms of latency would be brutal.
That depends on what would be the purpose of the synth.
The only reason I would want to have Thor or any other Reason synth on mobile doesn't require realtime: The ability to create patches while at bus/train etc.
But that would be a totally sufficient reason.

Have you tried Sunvox or Caustic on Android? I recommend it!

Gaja

23 Jul 2015

Jappe, I think you gravely underestimate the possibilities that come with iOS and music apps. Thor is fantastic to play real time, and you can use it for much more than just making patches. I don't think it would make sense to develop a Thor app, which people will buy in expectation that it will be a fully playable synth, not a patch generator...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

jappe

06 Aug 2015

Gaja wrote:Jappe, I think you gravely underestimate the possibilities that come with iOS and music apps. Thor is fantastic to play real time, and you can use it for much more than just making patches. I don't think it would make sense to develop a Thor app, which people will buy in expectation that it will be a fully playable synth, not a patch generator...
Hi Gaja!
Ios is great.
I very often find that I have no time,no patience to make a patch when I'm making music. The creative window of opportunity is too short. Because of that, I could really really use an app thats focused on just doing that.

• Information