MIDI File import/drag and drop to selected track

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
bmarsh

13 Jul 2015

I would like to be able to import/drag & drop a midi file to a *selected* track so that i can build up a quick drum sequence, etc. It's ridiculous that a ID8 instrument opens a new track (at the bottom of the sequencer, no less!) with each midi file import - what a workflow killer! At least give us an option. MIDI file preview from the browser for a selected track would also be very nice.
"The end is built into the beginning" - Charlie Kaufman

riemac

13 Jul 2015

You are right, this is a major workflow killer!
I hope Proppellerhead will introduce this in one of the next 8.x updates.

bmarsh

13 Jul 2015

I'm hoping, too. I'm pretty sure that i read on the Prop's site, right before they released V8, that this was gonna happen in a future 8.x update. Fingers crossed . .
"The end is built into the beginning" - Charlie Kaufman

normen

13 Jul 2015

+1, at least it works with audio tracks now but for MIDI tracks it should be added too.

SoulState

13 Jul 2015

100% agree. Midi import in Reason is clumsy which is in contrast to Reason's elegance everywhere else ;)
:reason:

gak

16 Jul 2015

Another vote. There are very few things that reason doesn't do that "shock" me, this is one of them. I just can't believe how archaic this is :x :D

Olivier

16 Jul 2015

I guess the creation of new tracks with id8's does make sense when opening a midi file with multiple tracks. Coz how would reason know which track you mean to import onto your current track?
But when theres just note data for one track, and no conflicting automation to merge, make our lifes a bit easier. Its just annoying.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Flint32

11 Feb 2016

Would like also to ba able to preview the midi file before dragging into the project.

normen

11 Feb 2016

eauhm wrote:I guess the creation of new tracks with id8's does make sense when opening a midi file with multiple tracks. Coz how would reason know which track you mean to import onto your current track?
Just ask like any other DAW? :)

Flint32

11 Feb 2016

eauhm wrote:I guess the creation of new tracks with id8's does make sense when opening a midi file with multiple tracks. Coz how would reason know which track you mean to import onto your current track?
But when theres just note data for one track, and no conflicting automation to merge, make our lifes a bit easier. Its just annoying.
Quite simple : to put the first midi channel track on the selected track and the others below it.

• Information