Auto mix channel for existing instrument

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Dante

07 Jul 2015

It's great the way you can drag and drop an instrument from browser to rack and Reason automatically creates a mix channel and connects the instrument to that new mix channel.

But what about for existing instruments ? I have orchestral combinators with no 14:2 mixer included and it would be great to right click on the combinator and have an option 'route all combinator instruments to main mix channels'.

Or right click on any single instrument and select 'route instrument to new main mixer channel'.

At the moment, right click allows the addition of mix channel but then you still need to cable up the instrument to it.

Tedious for 20 string NNXT etc.

This new option would be a killer function for my workflow or those building up large orchestral arrangements from multiple orch refills etc !

selig
RE Developer

07 Jul 2015

Dante wrote:It's great the way you can drag and drop an instrument from browser to rack and Reason automatically creates a mix channel and connects the instrument to that new mix channel.

But what about for existing instruments ? I have orchestral combinators with no 14:2 mixer included and it would be great to right click on the combinator and have an option 'route all combinator instruments to main mix channels'.

Or right click on any single instrument and select 'route instrument to new main mixer channel'.

At the moment, right click allows the addition of mix channel but then you still need to cable up the instrument to it.

Tedious for 20 string NNXT etc.

This new option would be a killer function for my workflow or those building up large orchestral arrangements from multiple orch refills etc !
Not sure how you created instruments WITHOUT Mix Channels, or why you would do so. But assuming you have found yourself with an instrument and no Mix Channel associated with it, simply select the instrument and use "Auto-route Device" - done! You can even select multiple devices and use Auto-route Devices to create and connect Mix Channels for each selected device in one fell swoop!

If you're on a Mac it's easy to create a key command for this - I use option/command A.

Hope that helps.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Dante

07 Jul 2015

Ok I didnt know about 'Auto Route' doh ! This is really going to save so much time, thanks heaps !

It won't autoroute all instruments in a combinator, but you can uncombine, autoroute then combine them all again.

Absolutely brilliant !

I have unrouted NNXT like I said I have stored multiple NNXT in a combinator - eg a string section built up from string samples from different libraries.

BTW are you the same Selig that did the B3 emu with leslie in a combinator made of Thors ? Its awesome I still use that all the time.

selig
RE Developer

08 Jul 2015

Yea, it's a shame it would work for devices inside a Combinator, but you've found a suitable workaround. Yes I created the Selig B3-Leslie ReFill, and glad to hear you're making music with it! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information