Auto Delete expired Rack Extensions

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
joeyluck

06 Jul 2015

[EDIT] This should be in Feature Suggestions. My bad =\

Inspired by the new update feature of Reason... It would be great if when a Rack Extension trial runs out, if the user hasn't purchased the RE, that the RE be deleted automatically. Perhaps with a prompt when starting Reason? Could be a part of the Authorizer sync?

I try many Rack Extensions and they take up space quickly. And because they are out of sight/out of mind, you don't necessarily notice the disk space they are taking up...especially with the new, larger sample-based REs.

I find myself often doing clean-up of Rack Extensions I've tried that I didn't purchase in order to free-up disk space.
Again, would be nice if these were removed automatically.

:)

craven

06 Jul 2015

hmm, not sure if that would suit all use cases.
I would like that, but it could also be that one wants to buy an expired trial RE after a while, without downloading the whole thing again.

however, thanks for the reminder, I have to check what REs I'm not using that clutter my drive
:ugeek:

joeyluck

06 Jul 2015

craven wrote:hmm, not sure if that would suit all use cases.
I would like that, but it could also be that one wants to buy an expired trial RE after a while, without downloading the whole thing again.

however, thanks for the reminder, I have to check what REs I'm not using that clutter my drive
Perhaps it could be an option. But for me, I have no problem re-downloading if I decide to purchase. Chances are, it was updated anyways.
But I don't feel the need to have anything I'm not using sitting on my hard drive :)

madmacman

07 Jul 2015

joeyluck wrote: But I don't feel the need to have anything I'm not using sitting on my hard drive :)
And while we are at it: I'd love to see a possibility to disable/remove (whatever) some of my bought RE's from the profile list. I tried some freebies and decided that I don't need them. But now they are included in the "Sync All" forever.

• Information